Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think they all go join the presbyterian forums.
If not they join reformed churches there are a few around but not in my area.

One time a guy that went to a reformed church came to our church (his mother attends) for our community meal. He was looking in our church library and seemed really into books but then he says oh we wouldnt have these kinda of books in our church library. He was acting a bit of a snob really. He thinks we are way too liberal. Lol

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
There is a lot of pressure to ditch credobaptism for paedobaptism but I haven't left yet.

I will admit...I'd rather attend a church where the Gospel is preached, God is sovergin and the Bible is taken seriously, than an Arminian Baptist church.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

TaylorSexton

1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
Jan 16, 2014
Mundelein, IL
Visit site
✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
However, Jeff Robinson wrote a penetrating piece for The Gospel Coalition on ‘Meet a Reformed Arminian’.

After reading and reflecting on this article you posted at the very beginning of our discussion (which was quite a while back), I would like to return and say two things:

1) I was wrong in my initial thesis. It seems that there truly is a concept of "Reformed Arminian," a distinction which I was failing to see. It seems that the problems of modern day Arminianism (which, being borderline Pelagian in some circles, is not worthy of the name) clouded my judgment, and my own sinful (I truly mean that) desire to separate myself from brothers and sisters with whom I disagree took hold of me. I was wrong in this, and I admit my fault happily, knowing that, hopefully, it will restore unity.

2) I offer my apologies to you both for my mistaken judgment and my misguided conduct in the course of this thread. I see where I was wrong, and would ask for your forgiveness, if that seems acceptable to you.

I hope this has produced no hard feelings between us. Even though I do disagree (strongly, in some cases) with my Arminian brethren, they are exactly that—brethren. I will try to watch more closely my conduct in future discussions.

God's blessings to you, friend.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was wrong in my initial thesis. It seems that there truly is a concept of "Reformed Arminian," a distinction which I was failing to see.

One thing to remember, both groups, Calvinists and Remonstrates (later Arminians), came out of the Reformation. So in a sense, both groups are "Reformed", though different theologies.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
After reading and reflecting on this article you posted at the very beginning of our discussion (which was quite a while back), I would like to return and say two things:

1) I was wrong in my initial thesis. It seems that there truly is a concept of "Reformed Arminian," a distinction which I was failing to see. It seems that the problems of modern day Arminianism (which, being borderline Pelagian in some circles, is not worthy of the name) clouded my judgment, and my own sinful (I truly mean that) desire to separate myself from brothers and sisters with whom I disagree took hold of me. I was wrong in this, and I admit my fault happily, knowing that, hopefully, it will restore unity.

2) I offer my apologies to you both for my mistaken judgment and my misguided conduct in the course of this thread. I see where I was wrong, and would ask for your forgiveness, if that seems acceptable to you.

I hope this has produced no hard feelings between us. Even though I do disagree (strongly, in some cases) with my Arminian brethren, they are exactly that—brethren. I will try to watch more closely my conduct in future discussions.

God's blessings to you, friend.

Taylor,

I grant you the forgiveness you seek. May the Lord be praised.

I urge you not to confuse a Reformed Arminian with Pelagianism or Semi-Pelagianism. Reformed Arminians are not Pelagian of any sort.

Oz

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
One thing to remember, both groups, Calvinists and Remonstrates (later Arminians), came out of the Reformation. So in a sense, both groups are "Reformed", though different theologies.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Dean,

To his dying day, Jacobus Arminius was a Dutch Reformed Minister. He was Reformed but not Calvinistic. The Remonstrants did not present the exact teaching of Arminius.

There is much in both theologies that are in agreement, e.g. doctrine of God, the Scriptures, etc. I'm a Reformed Arminian who accepts the T and P of TULIP but who rejects ULI. Many of the differences concentrate around the how and means of salvation.

See 'The Theology of James Arminius' (Richard Studebaker) and 'Roger Olson: Arminianism FAQ 1'.

Oz

Upvote 0