Dec 11, 2010
✟7,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would just love to meet Christian reborn doll collectors. I've been on secular doll forums and it's rather creepy how they think that zombie and vampire babies are cool. I find it so disturbing that anyone would paint a baby doll to look like something so obviously evil. I was hoping that there would be someone here I could talk to that liked reborn dolls too. I want to post pictures of mine but I have to post more before I have permission to add them.
If there's anyone out there that likes reborn baby dolls, please post a reply for me.

Thanks,
Janene

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are reborn dolls a brand or series, or is it just a forum that says no to bad stuff?

I use 12" GI Joes & articulated Barbies (and similar) as artist's mannequins, but never commission them for unedifying purposes. My primary genre is an updated version of "Pilgrim's Progress." I have one example that I drew for my daughter in my photo album and, of course, my avatar.

I do have them paired for romantic portrayals, representing marriage, but nothing beyond what children might see of their parents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OneGodforMe65

New kid
Dec 11, 2010
✟7,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, let me explain. Reborn dolls are just a realistic looking baby doll. The expression "reborn doll" came from a LONG time ago, somewhere in the 1990's when artists were stripping the paint, hair, and details from a store bought baby doll and painting it to look more realistic. The art form has evolved into a more serious and expensive way to collect authentic looking baby dolls; new sculpts are coming out almost daily. Hopefully my attachment will work and I can show you an example of what I'm talking about. This one is Emma. She's 22 inches long and weighs about 7.5 lbs. Click on thumbnail to make it bigger.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I have had ten real babies (and couldn't keep my hands off of them), I really prefer adult figures for art purposes. I gravitate toward the American Comicbook style.

Upvote 0

amelo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
✟7,612.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am a reborn collector, and found out this forum looking for a forum about reborn dolls collectors. If I can find Christian reborn collectors, it's even better, because I am a Christian also. :)

I have four dolls. Three came from England and one from Germany. They are all 'open eye' dolls. One boy and three girls. Their names are: Sofia, Leonor, and Joana (girls). And João (the boy). :)

Upvote 0

weebe

Jul 21, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How very interesting. Good to her from you and hope to discuss out kids regularly. I have six so far. One 6 yer old Keegan, four year old Tobi and 3 year old Sada and a one year old Zara and two newborns one boy Necolas (Neco) and Darci. Darci is a reborn and Neco is an interactive BTIO dolls. Keep in touch Pleae.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sandi Storey

Children's Pastor
Oct 1, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me, me, me!:clap::clap::clap: I have a couple of reborns but most collect silicone dolls. I am a Children's pastor and have worked with kids for nearly 40 years but I also LOVE my dolls. My son in law is my pastor and he is scared of them. LOL! He said my house looks like a baby morgue. ;) I also sew for the doll artist who make these wonderful babies. I have one of my reborns up for sale right now. I have just decided to stay with the doll medium I love the best which is silicone. GLAD to have stumbled onto this forum. Blessing and dolly hugs, Sandi

Upvote 0

Sharry

Sep 27, 2013
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi :wave:

How are you going? Nice to meet you Sandi. ^_^ I have 3 reborn dolls and several other dolls. Someone also told me that one of my babies looked like baby that had passed away :doh::crossrc:. I am trying to have a bit of a break from reborns for a while :holy:. As it was becoming a bit of an obsession :doh::sorry:. Also I have to clean out my junk room, so that I have space for this hobby. I started running out of room for the dolls. I have collected many things over the years, and its time to give some things to other people. ^_^ And I have so much work to catch up on. And I was spending a bit too much money and time on this hobby. It is a great hobby as long as it doesn't take over your whole life. :thumbsup: I know I have to remember to put God first in my life :thumbsup::hug::clap:

Upvote 0

ZinkaZ

Dec 23, 2016
Montana
✟15,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would just love to meet Christian reborn doll collectors. I've been on secular doll forums and it's rather creepy how they think that zombie and vampire babies are cool. I find it so disturbing that anyone would paint a baby doll to look like something so obviously evil. I was hoping that there would be someone here I could talk to that liked reborn dolls too. I want to post pictures of mine but I have to post more before I have permission to add them.
If there's anyone out there that likes reborn baby dolls, please post a reply for me.

Thanks,
Janene
Hi collect Reborn dolls and would love to talk with you about things. But it looks like you haven't been on her for awhile I just started on here hopefully I'm to late to talk with ya.

Attachments

• DSCN5592.JPG
    DSCN5592.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0