Any other epistles needed?

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Except for the letters of Paul? As far as salvation is concerned? I love biblical history and all that it encompasses but Paul speaks to me in so many human ways!

I think one can be saved by any presentation of the gospel, be it from any of the epistles or gospels.
Once saved we love the whole book (bible).
For example today in Sunday school they covered the book of Esther. A book where God is never mentioned. Yet we plainly see Him working behind the scenes, orchestrating the deliverance of His people via some very rascally figures.

Reactions: JustAsIam77
Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your replies stenerson and drjean! I love all scripture but there's something about Paul's bringing of The Great Commission to the Gentiles as instructed by Christ our Lord that speaks to me in a very personal way!

God bless

Upvote 0

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your replies stenerson and drjean! I love all scripture but there's something about Paul's bringing of The Great Commission to the Gentiles as instructed by Christ our Lord that speaks to me in a very personal way!

God bless

I hear ya brother . Nothing wrong with that . :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Non-conical epistle...my vote goes to Luther's Heidelberg Disputation.
28. The love of God does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it. The love of man comes into being through that which is pleasing to it.

1518 Heidelberg Disputation

Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Non-conical epistle...my vote goes to Luther's Heidelberg Disputation.
28. The love of God does not find, but creates, that which is pleasing to it. The love of man comes into being through that which is pleasing to it.

1518 Heidelberg Disputation

Hi JM, thanks for the link, very informative!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Except for the letters of Paul? As far as salvation is concerned? I love biblical history and all that it encompasses but Paul speaks to me in so many human ways!

I agree, while certainly not Scripture, I would like to read what else Paul wrote to the Corinthians that wasn't fit to print.

JR

Upvote 0