United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, all.

I’m not sure which forum this would best fit under, so Mods, please feel free to relocate this post to the appropriate forum, but I wanted to get folk’s take on some posts I noticed on a friend’s Facebook page which I’ve copied and pasted here. This friend is someone whom I would consider a very Godly woman who loves the Lord but I feel she is in error with some of her beliefs of late. Yesterday and this morning I noticed she posted some concerns she had about Apostle Paul’s teachings being contradictory to Jesus’s teachings of salvation and I’m not sure where she is getting this from all of a sudden, and am confused as to where she is getting this from. I found the second picture below from a website called jdstone.org. I’m not sure if anyone is familiar with that site and the information contained therein. Can someone make this make a little more sense to me, please?
Thanks! God bless!

1/

“Many are quick to share that they know there is a counterfeit religion being taught in churches today. But few care to discuss what that counterfeit could be or where it has originated: Are you a follower of Jesus/YahuShua or a follower of Paul?

Like the two Trees in the Garden, this is a TEST.

Matthew 12:25: “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.”

The Body of Jesus Christ/YahuShua has been divided for too long. Choose this day whom you will serve and follow ❤️

Picture4.png
Picture3.png

2/

“Really think about it! Is this what you believe? Because if you follow the teachings of the “Apostle” Paul, who never quoted any of Jesus’ teachings (aside from Communion), then this is what you would have to believe. Please prayerfully consider and take everything to the Father for confirmation. He will show you. Watch that you are not deceived.

Jesus said “If you love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS”. John 14:15

Jesus said “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” John 14:21

So do you love Him?

Or do you follow Paul who says “it is by grace through faith that you are saved and not of works lest any man should boast”?

It can’t be both.

“Even the demons believe and they tremble…You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.” James 2:19,24

1 John 2:3-4 “And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him”.

Choose you this day whom you will serve. Follow Paul and his teachings that lead to lawlessness or follow Jesus/YahuShua and Keep His Commandments.

“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, AND the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:12

Peace and Blessings ❤️

Picture2.png

3/

“PLEASE READ AND DON’T SCROLL AWAY. This information is IMPORTANT and I ask for your prayerful consideration!

Jesus/Yahushua says “But whosoever shall DENY me before men, him will I also DENY before my Father which is in heaven.”

Matthew 10:33

That word “Deny” in Strongs Concordance G720 actually means “TO CONTRADICT”. (See pic below to confirm)

“Jesus/YahuShua said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and Great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these TWO COMMANDMENTS hang (sum up) all the law and the prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40

But Paul says “For the whole law can be summed up in this ONE COMMAND: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

Paul left off the Greatest Commandment and chose the lesser as the only one!

Do you see the contradiction? And things like this are all throughout Paul’s Epistles. Paul even contradicts himself in Romans 2:13 “For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.” Compared that to Romans 3:20 (just one chapter over)“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” Please go read those verses for yourselves in context.

Is it any wonder the churches are so confused and divided. The enemy cannot hide the truth of the True Gospel of the Kingdom of God but he is allowed to try and deflect from it or counterfeit it. I believe that is Paul’s purpose. Division and confusion- Divide and conquer.

There is a lot of truth in what Paul teaches. There HAS to be for him to seem legitimate and the contradictions are sometimes subtle. But they are there! Like rat poison. It’s 99% good food, 1% arsenic. It’s that 1% that will kill you.

When you pray and study our Savior’s teachings, the Father will guide you by His Holy Spirit to show you more contradictions in the teachings of Paul. People will tell you you are taking him out of context or misinterpreting his words but they cannot deny there are contradictions. They may even argue that there are different dispensations but the scriptures are clear that the Father DOES NOT CHANGE, neither do His requirements. So always look at context and go to the Strongs to see the original language. You are going to be shocked at what you find that has been justified and covered up for so long!

Do not be afraid to speak out against what could very well be one of the greatest deceptions pulled over on the Body of YahuShua! One of the enemy’s favorite tactics besides divide and conquer is “if you can’t beat them, infiltrate then!” Saul/Paul never stopped killing believers. He just switched tactics from killing them physically to killing them spiritually!

If you’ve made it this far, you may be wondering what this means for our Bibles. We are told that the Bible is the “Word of God” and everything in it is inspired (that’s a Paul teaching by the way to support his epistles). Paul makes up 2/3rds of the New Testament so what do we do with this information? The truth is that Jesus/YahuShua is the TRUE “Word of God/Yah” (John 1:14, Revelation 19:13). Just as the Pharisees added to the original instructions in the Torah with their own teachings and traditions, so they have added and taken away from our Bibles today. You must read all things with discernment. This is why we need the Holy Spirit and Jesus/YahuShua tells you exactly how to receive the Holy Spirit in John 14:15-17 to guide you!

Trust no MAN but take EVERYTHING you read and hear to the Father for confirmation. I have prayed over the information for a couple of years now and the Holy Spirit has confirmed everything I am sharing with you. I ask that you would do the same. Please Do not risk denying/CONTRADICTING our Savior by following the teachings of any man who contradicts Him. No one wants to hear “Depart from Me” or be denied by Him before our Heavenly Father.

Follow only Jesus/YahuShua, His disciples and the Old Testament prophets and what they taught! The Truth will defend itself! Just like the Two Trees in the Garden, this is all a TEST…and one you definitely want to pass!

Peace and Blessings❤️

Picture1.png

Attachments

• Picture4.png
    Picture4.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 11

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
That little cartoon is leaning heavily on Matthew to try to prove a point. Not a good way to do theology, esp. as it lacks a critical understanding of the context of the Gospel, aimed at Jewish followers of the Jesus movement (perhaps even representing what later came to be the Ebionites). Paul's reception of the Gospel, and the writings we have from him, OTOH, predates Matthew by several decades.

The Johanine community's theology is closer to Paul than to the Ebionites, so it's a mistake to quote John's writings as somehow refuting Paul. Paul was catechized in Syria, likely the same place that the Johanine community seems to have been located (based on textual study of its writings).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Can someone make this make a little more sense to me, please?

Jesus’s words are true …and Paul’s words are true.

Anybody who has done any amount of research or deep dive into the Word of God has no doubt that it is inspired by God … There is just no way man could come close with the intricate accuracies interwoven throughout the Word of God including the entire NT.

Over the years I have had the privilege of working with some high caliber brethren including a handful which were MENSA members.

How they got into biblical research is a long story, but the computations that they had performed (originally) from the Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic … in attempt to prove the Word of God wrong …left them in awe! as to the inerrant accuracy of the divine Word of God….. It was John who stated to me that….

“It would be impossible for man to have written this through his own accord…God is perfect and His Word is perfect, and it fits together like a billion piece jigsaw puzzle.

While that is nice to hear... I didn’t need his affirmation to know what had already been proven in my life….because when you believe what is written you get the results you see the miracles and you know that you know it’s God in Christ in you.

When you accept the truth of Gal 1:11 &12 you know that the words in red in the gospels are not where Jesus left off. The entire gospels through Revelation were (in essence) the words of Jesus Christ.

The apparent disconnect that some see between the gospels and the epistles (including Pauline) is a total lack of understanding of events that took place…. The Bible does fit together like a billion piece jigsaw puzzle without contradiction or errors………… from God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hey, all.

I’m not sure which forum this would best fit under, so Mods, please feel free to relocate this post to the appropriate forum, but I wanted to get folk’s take on some posts I noticed on a friend’s Facebook page which I’ve copied and pasted here. This friend is someone whom I would consider a very Godly woman who loves the Lord but I feel she is in error with some of her beliefs of late. Yesterday and this morning I noticed she posted some concerns she had about Apostle Paul’s teachings being contradictory to Jesus’s teachings of salvation and I’m not sure where she is getting this from all of a sudden, and am confused as to where she is getting this from. I found the second picture below from a website called jdstone.org. I’m not sure if anyone is familiar with that site and the information contained therein. Can someone make this make a little more sense to me, please?
Thanks! God bless!

1/

“Many are quick to share that they know there is a counterfeit religion being taught in churches today. But few care to discuss what that counterfeit could be or where it has originated: Are you a follower of Jesus/YahuShua or a follower of Paul?

Matthew 12:25: “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.”

The Body of Jesus Christ/YahuShua has been divided for too long. Choose this day whom you will serve and follow ❤️

View attachment 328665 View attachment 328666

2/

“Really think about it! Is this what you believe? Because if you follow the teachings of the “Apostle” Paul, who never quoted any of Jesus’ teachings (aside from Communion), then this is what you would have to believe. Please prayerfully consider and take everything to the Father for confirmation. He will show you. Watch that you are not deceived.

Jesus said “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” John 14:21

So do you love Him?

Or do you follow Paul who says “it is by grace through faith that you are saved and not of works lest any man should boast”?

It can’t be both.

“Even the demons believe and they tremble…You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.” James 2:19,24

1 John 2:3-4 “And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him”.

Choose you this day whom you will serve. Follow Paul and his teachings that lead to lawlessness or follow Jesus/YahuShua and Keep His Commandments.

“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, AND the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:12

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667

3/

“PLEASE READ AND DON’T SCROLL AWAY. This information is IMPORTANT and I ask for your prayerful consideration!

Jesus/Yahushua says “But whosoever shall DENY me before men, him will I also DENY before my Father which is in heaven.”

That word “Deny” in Strongs Concordance G720 actually means “TO CONTRADICT”. (See pic below to confirm)

“Jesus/YahuShua said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and Great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these TWO COMMANDMENTS hang (sum up) all the law and the prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40

But Paul says “For the whole law can be summed up in this ONE COMMAND: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

Do you see the contradiction? And things like this are all throughout Paul’s Epistles. Paul even contradicts himself in Romans 2:13 “For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.” Compared that to Romans 3:20 (just one chapter over)“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” Please go read those verses for yourselves in context.

Is it any wonder the churches are so confused and divided. The enemy cannot hide the truth of the True Gospel of the Kingdom of God but he is allowed to try and deflect from it or counterfeit it. I believe that is Paul’s purpose. Division and confusion- Divide and conquer.

There is a lot of truth in what Paul teaches. There HAS to be for him to seem legitimate and the contradictions are sometimes subtle. But they are there! Like rat poison. It’s 99% good food, 1% arsenic. It’s that 1% that will kill you.

When you pray and study our Savior’s teachings, the Father will guide you by His Holy Spirit to show you more contradictions in the teachings of Paul. People will tell you you are taking him out of context or misinterpreting his words but they cannot deny there are contradictions. They may even argue that there are different dispensations but the scriptures are clear that the Father DOES NOT CHANGE, neither do His requirements. So always look at context and go to the Strongs to see the original language. You are going to be shocked at what you find that has been justified and covered up for so long!

Do not be afraid to speak out against what could very well be one of the greatest deceptions pulled over on the Body of YahuShua! One of the enemy’s favorite tactics besides divide and conquer is “if you can’t beat them, infiltrate then!” Saul/Paul never stopped killing believers. He just switched tactics from killing them physically to killing them spiritually!

If you’ve made it this far, you may be wondering what this means for our Bibles. We are told that the Bible is the “Word of God” and everything in it is inspired (that’s a Paul teaching by the way to support his epistles). Paul makes up 2/3rds of the New Testament so what do we do with this information? The truth is that Jesus/YahuShua is the TRUE “Word of God/Yah” (John 1:14, Revelation 19:13). Just as the Pharisees added to the original instructions in the Torah with their own teachings and traditions, so they have added and taken away from our Bibles today. You must read all things with discernment. This is why we need the Holy Spirit and Jesus/YahuShua tells you exactly how to receive the Holy Spirit in John 14:15-17 to guide you!

Trust no MAN but take EVERYTHING you read and hear to the Father for confirmation. I have prayed over the information for a couple of years now and the Holy Spirit has confirmed everything I am sharing with you. I ask that you would do the same. Please Do not risk denying/CONTRADICTING our Savior by following the teachings of any man who contradicts Him. No one wants to hear “Depart from Me” or be denied by Him before our Heavenly Father.

Follow only Jesus/YahuShua, His disciples and the Old Testament prophets and what they taught! The Truth will defend itself! Just like the Two Trees in the Garden, this is all a TEST…and one you definitely want to pass!

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668

You posted a lot.

But the truth of the matter is Jesus and Paul both when teaching or speaking about on a person receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation. Both taught the same and only way to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. Which is by belief/faith in Jesus The Messiah. That is, believe that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh.

If you need to read more here are a few links on the subject.

What Must I Do to Be Saved? – Grace Evangelical Society

The Biblical Distinction Between Eternal Salvation And Eternal Rewards: A Key to Proper Exegesis – Grace Evangelical Society

Does 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Contradict John 3:16? – Grace Evangelical Society

Did Paul Preach Eternal Life? Should We? – Grace Evangelical Society

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hey, all.

Thanks! God bless!

1/

2/

So do you love Him?

It can’t be both.

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667

3/

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668

That whole thing is a mixed up mess of beliefs found among some that Paul taught some different gospel than the other apostles. We could go through the entire thing if you want but it's best to simply ignore it.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hey, all.

Thanks! God bless!

1/

Hello,

Christ set a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in in obedience to God's law and as his follower we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6), but it is sadly common for people to interpret Paul as being in opposition to following Christ by teaching against following God's law. However, in 2 Peter 3:15-18, it says that there are some things in Paul's letters that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, and that we should take care not to be carried away by the error of lawless me so that we lose our own stability, but grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, so we can be confident that when Paul is correctly understood that he he did not oppose following Christ's example of obedience to God's law.

The key to correctly interpreting Paul is recognizing that he spoke about multiple different categories of law other than God's law, such as works of the law, and the law of sin, so it is important to correctly identify which law he was speaking about. For example, in Romans 3:27, he contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, and in Romans 3:31, he spoke about a law that our faith upholds, while in Galatians 3:10-11, he spoke about a law that is not of faith. Likewise, in Romans 7:25-8:2, Paul contrasted the Law of God with the law of sin and contrasted the Law of the Spirit with the law of sin and death.

In Matthew 5:17-19 Jesus said that he did not come to abolish God's law, and in Romana 3:31, Paul confirmed that our faith does not abolish God's law, but rather our faith upholds it, so they were in full agreement.

In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that the way to inherit eternal life is by obeying God's commandments, and in Romans 2:6-7, Paul said that those who persist in doing good will be given eternal life, so again they were in full agreement.

In Ephesians 2:15, it uses the Greek word "dogma", which does not refer to God's law.

In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so knowing God' and Jesus is the goal of the law, which is eternal life (John 17:3). In Romans 9:30-10:4, the Israelites had a zeal for God, but it was not based on knowing him, so they failed to attain righteousness because they were missing the goal of the law by pursuing it as through righteousness were the result of their works rather than pursuing it as through righteousness were by faith in Christ, for knowing Christ is the goal of the law for righteousness for everyone who has faith. In Romans 10:5-10, this faith references Deuteronomy 30:11-16 in regard to saying that God's law is not too difficult to obey, that the one who obeys it will attain life by it, what we are agreeing to obey by confession that Jesus is Lord, and the way to believe that God rose him from the dead, so nothing in this passage is speaking about Jesus abolishing God's law, but just the opposite.

In regard to Romans 3:20, we do not earn our justification as a wage by obeying God's law because that was never the goal of the law, which makes it that much more true that we do not earn our justification by works of the law.

In Romans 3:5-8, Paul was not admitting to lying, but was countering those who were committing slander against him, and the same is true of 2 Corinthians 12:15-16. It is strange to try to use Paul defending himself against slander as justification for trying to say that Paul was admitting the slander is true. In 1 Corinthians 9:19-23, Paul was not admitting to fraud, but was speaking about giving up his rights in order to meet people where he was at. In 2 Corinthian 11:8, Paul said that he robbed from other churches by accepting support from them to serve you, so it is clearly being deceitful by editing out the middle of that verse.

2/

So do you love Him?

It can’t be both.
It can easily both be true that the way to love Jesus is by keeping his commandments and that our not the result of our salvation. In Ephesians 2:8-10, we are new creations in Christ to do good works, so while our salvation is not the result of our works, doing good works is nevertheless a central part of our salvation.

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667
While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was justified (Genesis 15:6), it is also true that he believed God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac (Hebrews 11:17), so the same faith by which he was justified was also expressed as obedience to God, but he did not earn his justification by his obedience as a wage (Romans 4:1-5). In James 2:19-24, he quoted Genesis 15:6 to support saying that Abraham was justified by his works when he offered Isaac, that his faith was active alone with his works, and his faith completed his works, so he was justified by his works insofar as they were expressing his faith, but not insofar as they were earning a wage, so James and Paul were in agreement.

3/

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668
Jesus said that the second is like the first, so it is making up a discrepancy where there is none, especially when the second is the way to obey the first.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it would be wise to look also maybe at the time in which it was written. Well when Christ walked this earth they and He were still under living by the law. Paul who saw the greatest revelation of all it was after Christ rose from the dead and that mystery that was always hidden could only be revealed after Christ rose.

So the four gospels and then the rest just flow as does the OT to NT.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hey, all.

Thanks! God bless!

1/

2/

So do you love Him?

It can’t be both.

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667

3/

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668
It is quite obvious that your friend has been influenced by a pseudo sacred namer teacher of some sort because they say "YahuShua" instead of the correct Hebrew Yehoshua. Their teachings seem also to be anti-Pauline...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,282.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, all.

Thanks! God bless!

1/

2/

So do you love Him?

It can’t be both.

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667

3/

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668

I've run into claims that Paul doesn't represent Jesus and always found these claims to be false.

Jesus upheld sexual morality. Paul upheld sexual morality. The one occasion that Paul had a man expelled from the church was over an issue of sexual morality.

Upvote 0

CoffeeClaw_1986

Taking one day at a time
Sep 26, 2016
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟70,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all so much for your detailed explanations. It really help clear up my confusion about what my friend was talking about and makes more sense now. Sorry about the length of the post.

• Friendly
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, all.

Thanks! God bless!

1/

2/

So do you love Him?

It can’t be both.

Peace and Blessings ❤️

View attachment 328667

3/

Peace and Blessings❤️

View attachment 328668

Your friend is confused. The scriptures do not contradict themselves. Both Paul's writings and Jesus's teachings are in agreement.

Paul wrote about Jesus, and what He had done. Jesus spoke about what He wants for us. The cross covers those sins that we commit because we have human weakness. We are not justified by our good deeds, we are justified by the cross. Yet Jesus taught His followers the importance of obedience, as too did Paul. Paul said:

Rom 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not!

There is no contradiction, your friend has just lost all balance, and does not understand the word.

We are justified by the cross, but should be moving away from our sins.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, all.

This friend is someone whom I would consider a very Godly woman who loves the Lord but I feel she is in error with some of her beliefs of late.
His letters contain some things which ignorant and unstable people distort, to their own destruction.
She doesn't know what she is talking about or confidently affirms.
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. Acts 10:43
So I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen— that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would proclaim light (salvation) both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.” Acts 26:22-23

Upvote 0