gitamerah

Sep 20, 2005
San Francisco
✟482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Christian comic store sounds like an interesting idea. With the right marketing, it does have a potential to suceed.

But it'll be hard trying to get a stranger to support you financially. Not many people would want to take you up on this offer, especially those who have only known you online. This kind of partnership requires tremendous amount of trust. It would be much easier for you to gain support from someone who knows you well, preferrably someone who has known you for years.

Have you considered getting a loan from a bank? Do you have investments that you could cash in on such as stocks and bonds? I know a couple who started their own business by liquidating all the investments they had: their stock options, savings, etc.

Also, I would like to caution you on whom you choose as a business partner. I've seen partnerships that failed and cost them millions, possibly billions. If you do get a partner... keep a very close track of your partner and vice versa. Know at all times what your partner is doing and keep tabs on him or her. At the same time, make every effort to let your partner in on what you're doing as well to reassure him/her that his/her trust in you is well placed.

Pray first before you enter into any business partnership or even start any kind of business. Make sure you are on the track that God wants you to be in... otherwise, your business won't work. One thing I've heard from Christian business sermons is to remember that God is your partner... which means... do nothing unless you ask Him first.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Roland, I've seen some interest in this genre through other areas of the forum--writer's guild and gallery, and somewhere else--? Most of them don't come across as potential investors, but it's worth asking around.

I've also seen some skilled illustration through an unrelated post (marriage?), I'd have to dig it up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.