United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
5F8A6D6E-2EA1-4FDE-8DB5-14DE33ABFF54.jpeg
I see this thread is 2 yo but birds are my passion
I had budgies when I was a teenager.
Many years later, when our sons left to start their own life, I got into birds again. I have a green-cheek conure and a lovebird (both spend half a day outside their cage) and 2 budgies.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep still have mine, Had an issue with the conure a few weeks ago, she vanished when I was out of the room.
After searching the house, behind the desk, closets ect. I found her trapped inside her teepea night nest. She managed to get caught between the cloth layers (now in the trash, and replaced with a grass hut) After getting her out we had a vet trip as I couldn't unravel the threads that were wrapped around her foot.

Both are all better now though.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

Athanas

Jul 7, 2018
Cork
✟16,179.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont have a bird, but I like watching them and there is a robin who comes in the house sometimes.
I used to have a homing pigeon, I think they might be where the phrase 'bird brain' comes from but I loved him haha
In theory I think it would be cool to have a rescued raven or crow, but in reality I think they are too clever and would be a constant pain haha, much like i imagine having a fox would be :)

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I dont have a bird, but I like watching them and there is a robin who comes in the house sometimes.
I used to have a homing pigeon, I think they might be where the phrase 'bird brain' comes from but I loved him haha
In theory I think it would be cool to have a rescued raven or crow, but in reality I think they are too clever and would be a constant pain haha, much like i imagine having a fox would be :)

My husband and I have a sweet little Ringneck dove named Sable. She is very cuddly. :)

BDACD7DC-3DF5-482B-A09D-1BEC41E3CCE9.jpeg
4156F60A-FFD8-417C-A6D3-7E47DB0316A1.jpeg

Was your pigeon friendly? :)

Upvote 0

Athanas

Jul 7, 2018
Cork
✟16,179.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My husband and I have a sweet little Ringneck dove named Sable. She is very cuddly. :)

Was your pigeon friendly? :)

Oh she is lovely! My pigeon (his name was Dyre) was friendly in his own way I suppose haha. Not in his cage tho. He went out for the day and usually flew in the window when i called, and even nuzzled now and then when he was on my shoulder. It was enough for me. I do like cuddly pets tho

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh she is lovely! My pigeon (his name was Dyre) was friendly in his own way I suppose haha. Not in his cage tho. He went out for the day and usually flew in the window when i called, and even nuzzled now and then when he was on my shoulder. It was enough for me. I do like cuddly pets tho

Me too. :) The dove in my avatar is a female I used to have. Unfortunately she died a few years ago. She was the friendliest and cuddliest dove I've had. Her parents were my first doves, so I was able to spend a lot of time with her from when she was quite small.

I do love birds and have had the blessing of having many throughout the years: chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, Guinea fowl, peafowl, quail etc.

You should get another pet bird, if your circumstances allow for it. :)

Upvote 0

Athanas

Jul 7, 2018
Cork
✟16,179.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too. :) The dove in my avatar is a female I used to have. Unfortunately she died a few years ago. She was the friendliest and cuddliest dove I've had. Her parents were my first doves, so I was able to spend a lot of time with her from when she was quite small.

I do love birds and have had the blessing of having many throughout the years: chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, Guinea fowl, peafowl, quail etc.

You should get another pet bird, if your circumstances allow for it. :)

What is having quail like?
Dyre was given to me when he was still a baby and still needing food pretty much shoved down his throat, so that was a cool experience. They are so noisy at that age!

I think I would keep pigeons again because I wouldnt want to keep a caged bird or clip wings. But it will probably be a little while before I am in one place long enough to allow for that.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What is having quail like?

It was nice. :) I had two that I hatched in an incubator. They were Coturnix or Japanese quail. They start laying eggs at around 6 weeks if I remember correctly and since both of mine were females, I cooked the eggs and put them on my salads. :)

They are quite a small bird. I actually kept mine in the house for a time.

Dyre was given to me when he was still a baby and still needing food pretty much shoved down his throat, so that was a cool experience. They are so noisy at that age!

Neat! He must have been pretty friendly then.

I think I would keep pigeons again because I wouldnt want to keep a caged bird or clip wings. But it will probably be a little while before I am in one place long enough to allow for that.

I think I would like to have pigeons one day too, that and some more Ringneck doves.

Upvote 0