Any artists in the house?

Im4HimiHs

Nov 22, 2003
The Desert
✟920.00
Faith
Christian
Wow! Artists! Your works are excellent.

I am an artist also, being new, it will take me some time before anyone can see any of it. In God's time. Hope it doesn't take too long for me to get my post up.

I agree with the statement about God using our art work. He certanly has His hands in my life too. Praise be to Him!

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Am I the only airbrush artist here?

Here are some designs I painted on T-shirts and Pellon practice sheets.
Most are other artists work and not my own:

tn_Leopard.jpg
tn_Woman.jpg
tn_BettyBoopSmaller.jpg

Upvote 0

pistonpunch

oh yes.... like lightning
Nov 22, 2003
In my house...of course
Visit site
✟1,987.00
Faith
Christian
Hello fellow artists, I'm very impressed with all the talent here.
I am a professional decorative glass etching artist. I'd love to post some pics, I jus gotta figure out how... hehe. I'm trying to attatch one of my recent jobs.. a 5'x15' wall divider on 3/4" glass, scene of Europe. Think I got it.... select the thumbnail to enlarge

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
pistonpunch said:
Hello fellow artists, I'm very impressed with all the talent here.
I am a professional decorative glass etching artist. I'd love to post some pics, I jus gotta figure out how... hehe. I'm trying to attatch one of my recent jobs.. a 5'x15' wall divider on 3/4" glass, scene of Europe. Think I got it.... select the thumbnail to enlarge
wow..... :eek:

I know glass etching's fidley (and dangerous)..... well done.

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
pistonpunch said:
Thanks you guy's :D It was for a residence believe it or not...
The kids and cats kept running into the huge windows, didn't they? ;-)

hmmm took around 80 hours of design & blasting. loads of fun too...;)
wow... I bet :D

Reactions: pistonpunch
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟8,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pistonpunch

oh yes.... like lightning
Nov 22, 2003
In my house...of course
Visit site
✟1,987.00
Faith
Christian
Bevlina said:
I love to paint in oils, but glass etching would be an amazing hobby. Also stained glass work. But with glass etching, one can express themselves as beautifully as on canvas.
It is a delightful work. I love to collect things like that. And, wouldn't mind trying my hand at it. How much danger is involved?
It depends on what kind of glass etching you do. The 2 most common methods are acid etching (reserved for arts & crafts mostly), & sandblasting . There are also a number of techniques that involve the use of scribing tools.
The danger to using acid is fairly obvious, it's corrosive & proper air filter should be worn because the fumes are dangerous as well. It's a great technique for a beginner, but you can only etch 1 surface level ( or stage) as opposed to sandblasting or sandcarving, where you can literally do hundreds of stages. But Sandblasting requires proper respirator, ventilation. lighting, compressor with addiquate power..etc... The most dangerous part of sandblasting is what gets "released from the glass when the sand hits the surface of the glass, the glass releases almost microscopic level of whats called "free silica" & when breathed in, it's so fine, our lungs, don't have the ability to filter the fine particles. This can cause a number of respirtory conditions, some fatal.
So needless to say... if you do get into it as a hobby. get the right equipment ;)
Here's a couple more of my etching pcs. The 1st one is a reproduction of a charcoal print. & the japanese lady is in our showroom

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
pistonpunch said:
It depends on what kind of glass etching you do. The 2 most common methods are acid etching (reserved for arts & crafts mostly), & sandblasting . There are also a number of techniques that involve the use of scribing tools.
The danger to using acid is fairly obvious, it's corrosive & proper air filter should be worn because the fumes are dangerous as well.
I remember my metalworking teacher telling us he used to keep a container of glass etching acid (hydrofloric) in his cabinet. He finally came to the conclusion that the stuff was too dangerous to keep around when he saw that the fumes were eating the inside of the cabinet :p

The most dangerous part of sandblasting is what gets "released from the glass when the sand hits the surface of the glass, the glass releases almost microscopic level of whats called "free silica" & when breathed in, it's so fine, our lungs, don't have the ability to filter the fine particles. This can cause a number of respirtory conditions, some fatal.
Just for a medical TMI. Imagine inhaling microscopic shards of glass.....

And people laughed at me for having to take "art safety". We artists die young for a reason :p

Incidentally, Bevlina.... I think there are some techniques that produce the surface effect of glass etching without the actual etching, which may be a good starter if you wanted to give it a shot.... I'm not a glass etcher so I'm not positive, but I think I've seen some stuff around...

Upvote 0