Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@klutedavid

Believers are initially and ultimately saved by God's grace (i.e. Jesus Christ). It is why a person who comes to Jesus for the first time can have an assurance of salvation (Without doing any kind of work). Initial and ultimate salvation is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9). We are not ultimately saved by works of righteousness we have done alone without God's mercy (Titus 3:5). For even if a believer were to stumble into sin, do they get clean by doing another work? No. They get clean by confessing their sins to Jesus (1 John 2:1) (1 John 1:9) and they ask Jesus to help them to overcome their sin (or to forsake it) (Matthew 26:41) (Romans 13:14) (John 15:5). But make no mistake, Scripture is also abundantly clear in that it teaches we are saved by "works of faith" after we are saved by God's grace, too. Simply click on the following spoiler button to check out the verses.

After we are saved by God's grace,

God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

(Here are a List of Verses):

“Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” (James 2:17-18).

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, "(1 Timothy 6:3-4).

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Romans 6:1-2).

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him." (Hebrews 5:9).

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

“...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

"If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha." (1 Corinthians 16:22).

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15).

“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

“...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:17-19).

"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:38).

”If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Matthew 16:24-26).

"...No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62).

“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:8).

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

"But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:8-11).

”And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:12-15).

"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:20).

“For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

"...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17).

“Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12).

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;” (Titus 2:11-12).

“...And having become servants of God, ye have your fruit unto holiness and the end, everlasting life.” (Romans 6:22).

”Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:34-40).

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:41-46).

”His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).

”And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

”Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation [i.e. as the people of Israel did when they rebelled against him in the desert.”] (Hebrews 3:12-15) (Note: The explanation on verse 15 in brackets is taken from the Living Bible Translation (TLB)).

”Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)” (Hebrews 3:10-11).

”Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. (Hebrews 4:11).

“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

“He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47).

There are five things (as a whole) in the Bible that people are not getting when they read Paul, and thus they easily misunderstand him in justifying a false "sin and still be saved" or "Belief Alone" type gospel (Which is no doubt appealing because it means that a person does not have to change their life all that much and they can live for themselves instead of the Lord). But Jesus says, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say? (Luke 6:46) (NHEB).

Here are the 5 things (as a whole) in Scripture that your average
Christian does not understand when they read Paul:

#1. The Bible teaches that there is a change of the Law (Hebrews 7:12); So when Paul talks about the "Law" (generically), he is referring to the Torah, i.e. the Old Law (or the many laws given to Moses and Israel) and not the commandments given to us by Jesus Christ and His followers (i.e. the New Law or New Testament Law).

#2. Paul was fighting against "Circumcision Salvationism" (Which is Law Alone Salvationism without God's grace); A certain sect of Jews were trying to deceive some Christians into thinking they had to first be circumcised in order to be saved. This was a heresy that was clearly addressed at the Jerusalem council (See Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, Acts of the Apostles 15:24). Paul also addressed this problem; Paul said to the Galatians that if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2), and then Paul mentions how if you seek to be justified by the Law, you have fallen from grace (Galatians 5:4). This "law" is the Torah because circumcision is not a part of the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers.

#3. The Bible speaks against the "False Pharisee Religion" that Paul used to be part of (Which taught: "Law Alone Salvationism" or "Works Alone Salvationism" without God's grace, i.e. Jesus Christ) (See Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, Luke 18:9-14). Hence, why Paul said we are saved by God's grace through faith and not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9) and that we are not saved by works of righteousness that we have done but we are saved by his mercy (Titus 3:5).

#4. The Bible teaches that sin can separate us from God from Matthew to Revelation (Matthew 5:28-30) (Matthew 6:15) (Matthew 12:37) (Matthew 25:31-46) (Luke 9:62) (1 John 3:15) (Galatians 5:19-21) (Revelation 21:8).

#5. The Bible teaches that obedience to God's commands is tied to eternal life from Matthew to Revelation (See Matthew 19:17-19) (Luke 10:25-28) (1 John 1:7) (1 John 3:23) (Hebrews 5:9) (Revelation 22:14).
You have somehow created a doctrinal paradox.

On the one hand you declare we are saved by grace, the free gift granted to us in Christ. Then you promote salvation by works added to that salvation by grace, a twisted paradox.

Your quotations are usually devoid of context.

Your post is far too large to enable a reply, can you abbreviate this post?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have somehow created a doctrinal paradox.

On the one hand you declare we are saved by grace, the free gift granted to us in Christ. Then you promote salvation by works added to that salvation by grace, a twisted paradox.

Your quotations are usually devoid of context.

Your post is far too large to enable a reply, can you abbreviate this post?

You have yet to explain 1 John 3:15. Let's start there. How does that verse even work in your view of Soteriology?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't believe that Jesus reconciled you to His Father?

You believe that only your past sin was forgiven, thus you will take over and save yourself?

Your quotation (Jude 1:4) is talking about people who deny Jesus.

Jude 1:4
For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

I am not sure what it is that you are saying.

Your posts do not make sense.

You fail to understand that Paul was teaching against Works Alone Salvationism (Without God's grace) and He was not teaching against works of faith that follows one having faith in Jesus as their Savior. This is evident if you were to read the beginning of Ephesians 2. Paul talks about initial acceptance of Christ in the beginning of this chapter. "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1). Being quickened is a one time event. Ephesians 3 says, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love," (Ephesians 3:17).

A belief (faith) + works of faith (James 2:18) are both a part of salvation (See 2 Thessalonians 2:13). 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. Hebrews 5:9 says Jesus is the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

For example: If Rick said that his old rocking chair on his porch was able to hold his weight, and he said he believed that with all his heart, would he truly be showing forth that his statement of faith was true if he never sat in the chair? Especially if he was asked to sit in it and yet he refused to do so? In other words, if Rick believed that his porch chair would hold his weight (and he told others this), he would no doubt take the action necessary by sitting in that chair to prove that such a statement was true. Otherwise it would just be an empty profession of faith. In other words, if a person says they love God, and they have no visible good fruit to show that such a thing is true, then it would be just an empty profession of faith that they love God. Meaning, they really do not love God. It would just be a paying of lip service. I mean, a man can say he loves his wife, but if he does nothing to please her in any way, then he really does not love her. Action shows forth whether one's faith is the genuine and the real article vs. it being fake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We have already addressed that.

I'm curious, I've read the Catholic position on sin and understand it and think if you read something some of the passages there is more there than what most Protestants are willing to admit, but the EO usually doesn't differentiate between types of sin in that manner, or for the folks who do it is treated as a Theologumenon, so I was wondering if you are ex-Catholic?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not confused about any of those things. Thank you for your concern.
Is that true?

- What is the difference between God's law and "the law"?

- What is the difference between the Law of Moses and the Law?

- What is the difference between Christ's law and God's law?

- What is the difference between the Prophets and the Psalms?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious, I've read the Catholic position on sin and understand it and think if you read something some of the passages there is more there than what most Protestants are willing to admit, but the EO usually doesn't differentiate between types of sin in that manner, or for the folks who do it is treated as a Theologumenon, so I was wondering if you are ex-Catholic?

Theologumenon is a good word for it. Reading enough "Orthodox stuff" will reveal the concept of mortal sin here and there but never venial in so many words. It's much the same as purgatory. The concept exists though it is not defined. From the confession of Dositheus, Synod of Jerusalem, 1672:

"And the souls of those involved in mortal sins, who have not departed in despair but while still living in the body, though without bringing forth any fruits of repentance, have repented — by pouring forth tears, by kneeling while watching in prayers, by afflicting themselves, by relieving the poor, and finally by showing forth by their works their love towards God and their neighbor, and which the catholic Church has from the beginning rightly called satisfaction — [their souls] depart into Hades, and there endure the punishment due to the sins they have committed. But they are aware of their future release from there, and are delivered by the Supreme Goodness, through the prayers of the Priests, and the good works which the relatives of each do for their Departed; especially the unbloody Sacrifice benefiting the most; which each offers particularly for his relatives that have fallen asleep, and which the Catholic and Apostolic Church offers daily for all alike. Of course, it is understood that we do not know the time of their release. We know and believe that there is deliverance for such from their direful condition, and that before the common resurrection and judgment, but when we know not."

And no, I am not ex Catholic. Ex protestant.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mind did not change. You should read what I wrote. What does obsolete mean? Your definition of obsolete is akin to termination or to no longer be in existence. However the definition of obsolete is to make something newer or better as the old one has become antiquated. For example, if I purchase a brand new car Chevy Camaro this year, but next year the manufacturer comes out with a new model of the Chevy Camaro with improved changes to it, my car has become obsolete. It of course still exists but has been made obsolete with the newer model. Same thing with the law - it did not go away as it still exists but instead has become better via the New Covenant.
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Is not the underlined portion understandable to you?
How do you abolish a Prophet?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have yet to explain 1 John 3:15. Let's start there. How does that verse even work in your view of Soteriology?
Your still cherry picking verses and failing to read the surrounding context. Please read the entire chapter slowly and carefully, then get back to me.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you abolish a Prophet?
You did not answer my question but instead avoided it. Why is that? Did Jesus abolish the law? Simple question isn't it? A simple yes or no from you will suffice.
The verse states that Jesus did not abolish the prophets which refers to the writings of the prophets contained in the Tanakh - what we refer to as the major/minor prophets contained in the OT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think it was invented AT Sinai? Maybe you should clarify exactly what you mean...
The written law did not exist in legible form until God wrote it. The text is very clear concerning this point, the written law did not exist previously to Mt Sinai.

Audible commands were given to the Hebrews prior to Mt Sinai but not the written law.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did not answer my question but instead avoided it. Why is that? Did Jesus abolish the law? Simple question isn't it? A simple yes or no from you will suffice.
The verse states that Jesus did not abolish the prophets which refers to the writings of the prophets contained in the Tanakh - what we refer to as the major/minor prophets contained in the OT.
How can I answer the question when your post proves that you do not even know what "the Law or the Prophets" is?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From the confession of Dositheus, Synod of Jerusalem, 1672:

It's interesting the person who has got the most mileage out of that work is a Catholic apologist James Likoudas (An ex-Greek Orthodox who converted to RC)!

James Likoudis - Wikipedia

Because of job/lifestyle issues I considered going Catholic from Orthodox because of the difficulty in attending church when you work a non-conventional work week (graveyard shift with your weekend in the middle of the week). And I ended up buying and reading his 3 main books dealing with Rome and the EO. He has some interesting things to say, and sometimes makes some valid points!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's interesting the person who has got the most mileage out of that work is a Catholic apologist James Likoudas (An ex-Greek Orthodox who converted to RC)!

James Likoudis - Wikipedia

Because of job/lifestyle issues I considered going Catholic from Orthodox because of the difficulty in attending church when you work a non-conventional work week (graveyard shift with your weekend in the middle of the week). And I ended up buying and reading his 3 main books dealing with Rome and the EO. He has some interesting things to say, and sometimes makes some valid points!

I remember the very day I decided to become Orthodox. I entertained the idea of becoming Catholic but I remembered something that I read by an Orthodox priest. At the time I read it I was a protestant and thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. It's something I've always kept to myself.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for a smaller and more manageable reply.
You fail to understand that Paul was teaching against Works Alone Salvationism (Without God's grace) and He was not teaching against works of faith that follows one having faith in Jesus as their Savior.
Paul often spoke against faith and law (works) tangled together.
This is evident if you were to read the beginning of Ephesians 2. Paul talks about initial acceptance of Christ in the beginning of this chapter. "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1). Being quickened is a one time event. Ephesians 3 says, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love," (Ephesians 3:17).
Once again you are highlighting verses and ignoring the greater context of what Paul was saying.
A belief (faith) + works of faith (James 2:18) are both a part of salvation (See 2 Thessalonians 2:13).
That's not what James is really saying in his letter, Jason. James is simply emphasizing that perfect faith arises from application of love towards everyone.

James 2:22
You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected.

The outcome is a perfect faith, James is not saying faith plus works saves you. James is saying faith without works is simply not a perfect faith.
1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
This verse is not promoting faith plus works.

Believing in Jesus means you will listen to Jesus and follow Him.

You must avoid contradicting the idea that Paul presented. Your righteousness, your salvation in Christ, is a free given granted to you by grace.

If you contradict the concept of the free gift, then you are in conflict with the apostle.
Hebrews 5:9 says Jesus is the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.
Jesus is the author of our salvation, we don't co-write that script. Salvation itself is a free gift given to all those who call on the name of Jesus. The fruit of the Spirit is also a gift, everything is from above and never has any origin in us.

You are saved, yesterday, today, and forever. Now walk in that faith!
For example: If Rick said that his old rocking chair on his porch was able to hold his weight, and he said he believed that with all his heart, would he truly be showing forth that his statement of faith was true if he never sat in the chair? Especially if he was asked to sit in it and yet he refused to do so? In other words, if Rick believed that his porch chair would hold his weight (and he told others this), he would no doubt take the action necessary by sitting in that chair to prove that such a statement was true. Otherwise it would just be an empty profession of faith. In other words, if a person says they love God, and they have no visible good fruit to show that such a thing is true, then it would be just an empty profession of faith that they love God.
Simple logical statements.

Love is a gift given to us, love others as Christ FIRST loved us. We are not saved on the basis of our love, we are always saved on what Christ first did for us, Christ reconciled us.

If you are not careful you will stumble into a faith/works heresy.
Meaning, they really do not love God. It would just be a paying of lip service. I mean, a man can say he loves his wife, but if he does nothing to please her in any way, then he really does not love her. Action shows forth whether one's faith is the genuine and the real article vs. it being fake.
This does not alter the defined gospel that the apostle Paul presented. No interpretation, no massage of the scripture can rewrite the gospel of grace.

Your repeatedly ignoring the context.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I remember the very day I decided to become Orthodox. I entertained the idea of becoming Catholic but I remembered something that I read by an Orthodox priest. At the time I read it I was a protestant and thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. It's something I've always kept to myself.

Well for me I loved the Egyptian people of my church, they were very sweet and welcoming and the Orthodox approach was definitely something that I agreed with more as for as not trying to define everything, leaving some room for mystery etc.

I actually first became a seeker when the Ben-Lomond (Concilliar press) Church split crisis was starting to develop. I loved going there, at the time great worship, but never quite got the feeling that I should join. Right after I stopped attending, like a week or two is when the Schism started!
So I think that was the Holy Spirit leading!

Ben Lomond: When Antiochian Orthodoxy Drove Away its Converts

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can I answer the question when your post proves that you do not even know what "the Law or the Prophets" is?
Your refusal to answer my simple question speaks volumes. I explained everything to you for which you have no adequate counter-replies. I suggest you keep studying the scriptures since apparently you are not as familiar with them as you suppose.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your refusal to answer my simple question speaks volumes. I explained everything to you for which you have no adequate counter-replies. I suggest you keep studying the scriptures since apparently you are not as familiar with them as you suppose.
Translation: You do not know what "the Law or the Prophets" are.

Here's a clue.
Jesus explained what he meant in Matt.5:17 in this post-resurrection scripture.
Was this claiming that the law was not abolished?

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Translation: You do not know what "the Law or the Prophets" are.

Here's a clue.
Jesus explained what he meant in Matt.5:17 in this post-resurrection scripture.
Was this claiming that the law was not abolished?

Luke 24:44
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”
Don't you see that your own clue contradicts with your stated belief?? The simple definition of fulfill is to fill to the full. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law - not the abolishment of the law. You have to totally ignore Jesus' own words specifically that he DID NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW in order to cling to your belief that the law was done away with.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't you see that your own clue contradicts with your stated belief?? The simple definition of fulfill is to fill to the full. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law - not the abolishment of the law. You have to totally ignore Jesus' own words specifically that he DID NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW in order to cling to your belief that the law was done away with.
You are still misquoting the Bible. When will you stop?

Upvote 0