USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you think He invented the Law at Sinai? He made it part of the Covenant...
The Ten Commandments were the Covenant. The called it the Ark of the Covenant because that's where they kept the tablets.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Ten Commandments were the Covenant. They carried them in the Ark of the Covenant.
No....would you describe Aaron's rod as the covenant?
How about the manna?
Also
Did they only put 9 commands in the ark?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Ten Commandments were the Covenant. The called it the Ark of the Covenant because that's where they kept the tablets.

A Covenant requires blood. Hebrews 9:18-22

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That verse is referring to the Old Testament law and prophets, the New Testament canon did not exist when that verse was written.

Yes, that was my point...

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant, and the New Covenant replaced them, how so? If we live according to the Two Great Commandments of love for God and people, we keep the ten with plenty of overkill, while not even trying.
Gentiles are not under the law, hence all the commandments in the law do not apply.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To no effect, obviously.

You are still confused about the law.
(God's law, Christ's law, the law, the Law of Moses, the Law, the Prophets, even Psalms)
Most are not the same.
Good post.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A Covenant requires blood. Hebrews 9:18-22
Yes YHD.

The law contained the shadow of what was to come, even the old covenant required blood.

Hebrews 10
For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things...

The law and the prophets announced the future messiah.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All of the laws are an expansion of the ten in some way ,shape, or form.
I do not see this clearly at all.

Your only halfway on the journey, the law is derived from and an expansion of love itself.

The law compressed is all about love, for God is love.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The decalog existed before the covenant.
The fact that it was included in the covenant does not mean it did not exist.
God rested....at creation. We enter into salvation rest. Sabbath.,The Lords day is the nt KEEPING of one day in seven rest
HEB4:9..sabatimos...is an active keeping of a rest.
It is not speaking of the eternal rest we enter at salvation. It speaks of actively keeping one day in 7.
The ten commandments were not in written form before the time of Moses.

To infer that the written ten commandments existed before Mt Sinai, is impossible to support from the scripture.

Keeping one day was the shadow law which predicted a future, eternal rest in Christ.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok..I will go back further. I am an x RC.so I know people claim such a distinction. Just cannot cfg ind it in scripture

Deu 21:22 - And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death

And then

Lev 5:15 - If a soul commit a trespass, and sin through ignorance, in the holy things of the LORD; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks, with thy estimation by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering:

There are some sins that required death, and some sins could be atoned for by sacrifice.

From the new testament:

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Jo 5:16 - If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which doesnot lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have already accepted Jesus as my Savior and I believe in Him for salvation. I do not believe Jesus died for future sin because Jude 1:4 says that there are those who turn God's grace into a license for immorality. Peter warns against false prophets who cannot cease from sin (See 2 Peter 2:1, and 2 Peter 2:14).
You don't believe that Jesus reconciled you to His Father?

You believe that only your past sin was forgiven, thus you will take over and save yourself?

Your quotation (Jude 1:4) is talking about people who deny Jesus.

Jude 1:4
For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

I am not sure what it is that you are saying.

Your posts do not make sense.

Upvote 0