Another Biden Record--Tucson Sector Reports a Shocking 18,900 Apprehensions of Illegal Aliens in Last Week – Highest Total Ever Recorded

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Black Lives Matter did burn down an area of Minneapolis.
Quit lying. The BLM organization did not "burn down an area of Minneapolis".

And before you link to any stories about arson there, you'd better make sure it contains evidence that the BLM organization or it's dues paying members committed the arson.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not even close. There are at least an order of magnitude more commercial flights each day than there are air marshals.
All the more reason they shouldn’t be at the border.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black Lives Matter did burn down an area of Minneapolis.
Don't expect the left to believe that. Doesn't fit the narrative.

The widespread acts of arson occurred in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, and affected properties in the cities of Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and Apple Valley in the U.S. state of Minnesota. Most acts of arson targeted commercial businesses, but schools, non-profit organizations, government offices, and private residences were also targeted by arsonists or indirectly affected by fire.[7] The most notable arson damage was to the Minneapolis Police Department's third precinct police station that was overrun by demonstrators and set on fire the night of May 28.[1] A few blocks away from the police station the same night, Oscar Lee Stewart Jr. died from inhalation and burn injuries after being trapped inside a pawn shop that had been set on fire.[8][9][10] During several nights of chaos, fires displaced several dozen residents who evacuated affected houses and apartment buildings.

After the rioting subsided, state and federal authorities had difficulty identifying those responsible for causing destruction.[16]

(Imagine that!) Yet they had no trouble identifying and arresting those who were at or near the Capitol on J6 and throwing them in jail.

By May 2021, a year after the civil unrest over Floyd's murder, federal investigators had only filed arson charges against 17 people for damages at 11 properties in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan region, despite arson affecting nearly 200 properties.[17]

No surprise there.

In many instances, business owners were left paying for damages out of pocket as more than half of all riot-related losses were not covered by insurance.[6]

So sad.

Some business owners raised money via GoFundMe campaigns or applied for recovery grants to reestablish operations, while many others opted not to rebuild their damaged properties, citing insufficient money or unacceptable financial risks.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't expect the left to believe that. Doesn't fit the narrative.
Nobody disputes that there were riots and fires. What your link is missing is any attribution of that to BLM or its members, except for some claims made by the owners of the Hexagon bar, which they later retracted.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd believe that conservatives were concerned about abuse if they were more vocal about it outside of cases related to immigration or whatever Q is pushing. Where was the right-wing uproar about the concealing of abuse within the SBC or the Catholic church? Where's the welcoming of oversight for homeschoolers? Where's the uproar about Liberty's huge violations of the Cleary Act?

I have to wonder what goes on in the heads of those Americans who only care about abuse when it's politically convenient.
Instead of virtue signal and engage in hand-wringing, the conservatives filed lawsuits:

SBC:
A sweeping lawsuit filed by a victim of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of her Baptist pastor father alleges a conspiracy among several Southern Baptist Convention entities and individuals to defame her and squelch her pleas for relief.

The suit, filed in Kentucky’s Franklin Circuit Court Aug. 16, is brought by Hannah Kate Williams, who has been an outspoken advocate for the SBC to address problems of sexual abuse in churches. Her work contributed to a decision by convention messengers in June to name a special task force to investigate the SBC Executive Committee’s handling of sexual abuse claims.

Catholic Church: Catholic Church Sexual Abuse Lawsuit

• Informative
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are barely seeing the effects of this influx of illegals that Biden is allowing.
That's nice, but seems off topic for a thread talking about a record number of apprehensions at the border. Allowing people in is pretty much the exact opposite of apprehending them.
At least outside of far-right xenophobic talking points of course. In those, facts don't matter and words mean whatever they need to mean to prove that the scary people are coming for our wummen or something, I guess.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Look at the child sex trafficking that is accepted and encouraged by the border policies of the Biden administration.
Why would people look at things that are imaginary when trying to evaluate Biden's policies?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice, but seems off topic for a thread talking about a record number of apprehensions at the border. Allowing people in is pretty much the exact opposite of apprehending them.
At least outside of far-right xenophobic talking points of course. In those, facts don't matter and words mean whatever they need to mean to prove that the scary people are coming for our wummen or something, I guess.
What happened to these people after they were apprehended?
Weren’t they allowed into the country with an order to appear in court?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What happened to these people after they were apprehended?
Weren’t they allowed into the country with an order to appear in court?
I'm afraid no matter what I answer a flood of more far-right talking points will be unavoidable.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Instead of virtue signal and engage in hand-wringing, the conservatives filed lawsuits:

SBC:
A sweeping lawsuit filed by a victim of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of her Baptist pastor father alleges a conspiracy among several Southern Baptist Convention entities and individuals to defame her and squelch her pleas for relief.

"Filed by 'A VICTIM'", i.e. one victim. That suit is against the conservative religious establishment; the documentation she uses to support her claims was provided by Russel Moore, whom many Christians, including some prominent posters here, have branded as a liar and improperly "woke."

What conservative groups brought suit against the catholic church? What conservative groups made a big uproar over it? It was the Boston Globe that really got the ball rolling and then a multitude of suits from victims and internal investigations.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid no matter what I answer a flood of more far-right talking points will be unavoidable.
You indicated that being apprehended was the opposite of being released and that doesn’t seem to be the case. The apprehension is just a formality before being released.

• Useful
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You indicated that being apprehended was the opposite of being released
That's not true. I was addressing the idea that there was "this influx of illegals that Biden is allowing.".

One wonders if the rest of this GOP border nonsense also a fabrication.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not true. I was addressing the idea that there was "this influx of illegals that Biden is allowing.".

One wonders if the rest of this GOP border nonsense also a fabrication.
@KCfromNC said “Allowing people in is pretty much the exact opposite of apprehending them.”

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Filed by 'A VICTIM'", i.e. one victim. That suit is against the conservative religious establishment; the documentation she uses to support her claims was provided by Russel Moore, whom many Christians, including some prominent posters here, have branded as a liar and improperly "woke."

What conservative groups brought suit against the catholic church? What conservative groups made a big uproar over it? It was the Boston Globe that really got the ball rolling and then a multitude of suits from victims and internal investigations.
No, actually there is a whole bunch of lawsuits filed against the SBC. I merely cited one. Here is a summary of the legal issues and the cases filed on this site: StackPath

Similarly, there are hundreds of lawsuits against the Roman Catholic Church, but obviously, since those happened in private, largely to child victims, the complainants are private individuals. Major Sexual Abuse Settlements in the Catholic Church

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, actually there is a whole bunch of lawsuits filed against the SBC. I merely cited one. Here is a summary of the legal issues and the cases filed on this site: StackPath

Similarly, there are hundreds of lawsuits against the Roman Catholic Church, but obviously, since those happened in private, largely to child victims, the complainants are private individuals. Major Sexual Abuse Settlements in the Catholic Church
Nothing in there supports the contention that there was a broad movement from within conservatism against the SBC or the Catholic church. As your first link notes, it was a pair of secular newspapers that first broke open the story about the SBC (as was the case with the Catholic church).

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nothing in there supports the contention that there was a broad movement from within conservatism against the SBC or the Catholic church. As your first link notes, it was a pair of secular newspapers that first broke open the story about the SBC (as was the case with the Catholic church).
Someone has to come forth before private things are known, especially about child abuse and this typically takes years. No one can control when and to whom victims report these things. Anyone to whom the person reported prior who failed to report (like a teacher, or any other mandated reporter) is in violation of the law if he failed to report it.

But I'm not sure how you think private organizations should be ablet o do something about private individuals abusing children, all of which happens ....in private.

Sexual abuse is abhorrent and there are many agencies and other groups who will help someone who comes forward.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone has to come forth before private things are known, especially about child abuse and this typically takes years. No one can control when and to whom victims report these things. Anyone to whom the person reported prior who failed to report (like a teacher, or any other mandated reporter) is in violation of the law if he failed to report it.

But I'm not sure how you think private organizations should be ablet o do something about private individuals abusing children, all of which happens ....in private.

Sexual abuse is abhorrent and there are many agencies and other groups who will help someone who comes forward.
You might be missing my point.

Valetta made a comment about Biden's immigration policy enabling sex trafficking, to which I replied:
I'd believe that conservatives were concerned about abuse if they were more vocal about it outside of cases related to immigration or whatever Q is pushing. Where was the right-wing uproar about the concealing of abuse within the SBC or the Catholic church? Where's the welcoming of oversight for homeschoolers? Where's the uproar about Liberty's huge violations of the Cleary Act?

I have to wonder what goes on in the heads of those Americans who only care about abuse when it's politically convenient.

I hear the right complaining about trafficking related to immigration; I hear them complaining about it when Jim Caviezel and other Q fans make noise about it; and I hear them complaining about "grooming" when it comes to trans people. What I don't hear them complaining about is abuse that happens within their own institutions.

They manage to try to do something about private abuse in other settings. Why can they not make a stink about their own denominational leaders?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might be missing my point.

Valetta made a comment about Biden's immigration policy enabling sex trafficking, to which I replied:

I hear the right complaining about trafficking related to immigration; I hear them complaining about it when Jim Caviezel and other Q fans make noise about it; and I hear them complaining about "grooming" when it comes to trans people. What I don't hear them complaining about is abuse that happens within their own institutions.

They manage to try to do something about private abuse in other settings. Why can they not make a stink about their own denominational leaders?
Trafficking is a huge problem. Human trafficking in the US is a much bigger problem than we think

I don't understand the relationship you are attempting to make here. Trafficking is a crime. So is sexual abuse. Both are hard to detect and both are horrific crimes. There are entire networks of organizations that work against both and speak out loudly.

• Useful
Upvote 0