✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Br. Max said:
Well lets see - are we still fighting in Japan or Germany?

Is it really fair to compare those?

We are now in a position where the majority of Americans do not support this war. If we went their to spread Democracy, but the Iraqis don't want to take charge, and the citizens of our own country don't want us in Iraq, then what should we do? I'm not saying we should leave right away, but shouldn't we at least give them a time table? Tell them that they have a certain amount of time to get it together, or we're done? Can we really occupy Iraq for the long haul, when it has little support in America, and is sending the country into enormous debt? What about the state of the military? Is Iran going to ever even care what we have to say, as long as we are in Iraq? Why would they, when they have no reason to be afraid of us, because our military is so weak?

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
thirstforknowledge said:
Is it really fair to compare those?

We are now in a position where the majority of Americans do not support this war. If we went their to spread Democracy, but the Iraqis don't want to take charge, and the citizens of our own country don't want us in Iraq, then what should we do? I'm not saying we should leave right away, but shouldn't we at least give them a time table? Tell them that they have a certain amount of time to get it together, or we're done? Can we really occupy Iraq for the long haul, when it has little support in America, and is sending the country into enormous debt? What about the state of the military? Is Iran going to ever even care what we have to say, as long as we are in Iraq? Why would they, when they have no reason to be afraid of us, because our military is so weak?
since when is doing the right thing subject to doing the POPULAR thing? When Christ went to the cross - he was VERY unpopular. Does that mean he was wrong for doing it?

And as for them not wanting us there - that's not exactly the case.

Upvote 0

pantsman52

Senior Veteran
Dec 29, 2003
Fairfield
✟4,755.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Br. Max said:
since when is doing the right thing subject to doing the POPULAR thing? When Christ went to the cross - he was VERY unpopular. Does that mean he was wrong for doing it?

Who exactly are we to say that it was the RIGHT thing to go half-way around the world and invade a country? The "right" thing has brought death to hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's. Even Iraqi polls show that they want us to leave.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Br. Max said:

Christ was not a country.

Who decides what is "right"? Because you and some others view it as "right", then it is right? What if the people who disagree with it are right, and you are wrong? I'm not sure doing the right thing is really what you want to use here, because quite honestly, many people think that it was the wrong thing.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
pantsman52 said:
Who exactly are we to say that it was the RIGHT thing to go half-way around the world and invade a country? The "right" thing has brought death to hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's. Even Iraqi polls show that they want us to leave.
Polls are worthless. A measure of FEELINGS no thought or morality. Polls are designed to get the answer the pollster wants not to gauge the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Br. Max said:
Polls are worthless. A measure of FEELINGS no thought or morality. Polls are designed to get the answer the pollster wants not to gauge the truth.

I realize that, but that really doesn't answer the question. I'm not trying to say that something is right or wrong, based on popular opinion.

Upvote 0