✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
oan pa
Have the FEs figured out yet what 'went wrong' with their laser gyroscope measurements that precessed just as a rotating Earth predicts?

You mean the one that replicated the Michelson-Gale experiment measuring the rotation of the ether over the surface on the earth? Yup, almost a year ago now.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The more I look into this measurement by lasers, the more I find out about why this wasn't done before. Refraction.

here is an article that covers the details well, as well as a test t hat is easier to do.

https://flatearthlunacy.com/index.p...-water-horizon-are-inconclusive-and-worthless

i am not sure how they handled this with the latest test, but I would not be surprised if they didn't account for refraction, since if they ignored that they could claim flat earth.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
The more I look into this measurement by lasers, the more I find out about why this wasn't done before. Refraction.
The one I was referring to used a ring laser gyroscope to measure the Earth's precession; they got the 15 degrees precession a rotating Earth predicts. Refraction wasn't an issue.

• Useful
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

here is an article that covers the details well, as well as a test t hat is easier to do.

flat Earth FAIL - Why ALL flat Earth laser experiments beyond the land-water horizon are inconclusive and worthless

i am not sure how they handled this with the latest test, but I would not be surprised if they didn't account for refraction, since if they ignored that they could claim flat earth.

There are numerous people working with incorporating and mitigating refraction. It's actually not as big an issue as you would think.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The one I was referring to used a ring laser gyroscope to measure the Earth's precession; they got the 15 degrees precession a rotating Earth predicts. Refraction wasn't an issue.
Oh, I wasn't referring to that one. Though it is funny that it shows a moving earth and they don't accept it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are numerous people working with incorporating and mitigating refraction. It's actually not as big an issue as you would think.

Well then, I can't wait to see the results.

But given all the other evidence for a round earth, I don't think they will find a flat earth.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Well then, I can't wait to see the results.

But given all the other evidence for a round earth, I don't think they will find a flat earth.

I've seen the preliminary results. The channel where it should ultimately reside would be MrThriveAndSurvive.

The problem the globe has is they tell us a definite circumference for earth, but measurements never even come close to the required measurement. The closest I've ever seen was a Stephen Hawking documentary where they take 3 measurements, close to shore, 3 miles, and 6 miles away. They completely botch the 3 and 6-mile measurements because they gave the measurements from the perspective on the ground level, not their laser level, and even got caught faking some video footage for the 6-mile measurement. At that point it becomes obvious propaganda. Only other one I saw claiming to measure curve was a NatGeo piece with some boat holding a banner with horizontal lines who claimed the lines at the bottom disappeared due to the curve. The only problem was the horizon line could still be seen ahead of the boat. Idiots.

Funny thing is that neither ever even mentioned refraction. That seems to only be a concern for globers who want to discount all these measurements over the last few years which don't show curvature. Even though some measurements have been inconclusive as to the complete flatness (others have), there aren't any demonstrating the ball, and that's something globers should be really concerned about. There aren't any people out there proving the globe measurements that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Yea, the one that measured the ether. That's what I said.
No, the one I'm talking about uses the Sagnac effect (rotational interferometry). That there is no measurable directional aether has been demonstrated many times.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Take a container and put water into the bottom of it and put dry ground on top of that and you have an instant flat Earth. That's the way Genesis 1:9-10 shows how God made Adam's flat Earth. Gen 1:9 It's another Scriptural fact which most people ignore since they falsely assume that ALL life came from the present planet Earth. That's FALSE.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've seen the preliminary results. The channel where it should ultimately reside would be MrThriveAndSurvive.

Preliminary results are just that, preliminary. I would hate for them to come forth with one result and then find out they forgot to carry the two.

The problem the globe has is they tell us a definite circumference for earth, but measurements never even come close to the required measurement. The closest I've ever seen was a Stephen Hawking documentary where they take 3 measurements, close to shore, 3 miles, and 6 miles away. They completely botch the 3 and 6-mile measurements because they gave the measurements from the perspective on the ground level, not their laser level, and even got caught faking some video footage for the 6-mile measurement. At that point it becomes obvious propaganda. Only other one I saw claiming to measure curve was a NatGeo piece with some boat holding a banner with horizontal lines who claimed the lines at the bottom disappeared due to the curve. The only problem was the horizon line could still be seen ahead of the boat. Idiots.

Why are you guys so stuck on this measuring thing? There are hundreds of ways that measuring the curve of the surface can, and does, go wrong. Why not look at the stellar information we have, the navigation we do across the sea by the stars that are based on us being on a globe. Or the shapes of the other planets?

Funny thing is that neither ever even mentioned refraction. That seems to only be a concern for globers who want to discount all these measurements over the last few years which don't show curvature. Even though some measurements have been inconclusive as to the complete flatness (others have), there aren't any demonstrating the ball, and that's something globers should be really concerned about. There aren't any people out there proving the globe measurements that I'm aware of.

Read the blog post from a scientist on why refraction matters.

As for why there are measurements not showing a curve, I am unfamiliar with any that don't show a curve. The ones they claim show the earth is flat I am sure are due to experimental error.

Which is why one should question oneself and the experment before declaring something that flys in the face of all other evidence. I remember doing basic physics experiments with a ball and ramp. My results were always off. But the reason was me, or a math mistake, or something with the equipment.

You need to check, and then recheck, and then have someone else check the results. Otherwise, you can end up with poor results.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take a container and put water into the bottom of it and put dry ground on top of that and you have an instant flat Earth. That's the way Genesis 1:9-10 shows how God made Adam's flat Earth. Gen 1:9 It's another Scriptural fact which most people ignore since they falsely assume that ALL life came from the present planet Earth. That's FALSE.

I am familiar with your pet theory. Not the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They completely botch the 3 and 6-mile measurements because they gave the measurements from the perspective on the ground level, not their laser level, {snip}

Is this a variation on "the horizon always rises to eye level"?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I am familiar with your pet theory. Not the subject of this thread.

I just showed you how God made Adam's FLAT Earth Scripturally on this thread which is named Another Argument Against Flat Earth. There is no argument against a Scriptural Flat Earth since it was the Earth of Adam. My "pet theory" is God's Truth which agrees with every other discovered Truth.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My "pet theory" is God's Truth which agrees with every other discovered Truth.

Except when it doesn't and then you make up a bunch of creationist fan fiction to deal with the contradictions.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just showed you how God made Adam's FLAT Earth Scripturally on this thread which is named Another Argument Against Flat Earth. There is no argument against a Scriptural Flat Earth since it was the Earth of Adam. My "pet theory" is God's Truth which agrees with every other discovered Truth.

You did not show me. You described you idea of Edan as another dimension, which has nothing to do with this Earth, much less show evidence that your extra dimensional Edan exists.

Been there, done that with you before. Done now.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've told you multiple times the kind of evidence I'm looking for. You are the one who refuses to even attempt to provide it.
Nobody can get to the edge because of the size, the distances, the weather, temperatures, fuel capacity and communications. The frozen land beyond the ice wall could be tens of thousands of miles and cannot be traversed. That's what they discovered from images taken from rockets in the late 40s and 50s. They certainly would run out and tell the world that science is dead wrong about cosmology and the Bible is true and accurate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.