May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Did you see the live tests tonight at the Salton Sea? Successful triangulation test 7-8 miles from shore to shore to shore, zero curve. and the nature of the tests rules out refraction. They also did an 18-mile laser test, shore to shore, with no curve. MrThriveAndSurvive gave periodic updates on his channel, but PaulOnThePlane streamed the whole thing live, almost 12 hours worth.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you see the live tests tonight at the Salton Sea? Successful triangulation test 7-8 miles from shore to shore to shore, zero curve. and the nature of the tests rules out refraction. They also did an 18-mile laser test, shore to shore, with no curve. MrThriveAndSurvive gave periodic updates on his channel, but PaulOnThePlane streamed the whole thing live, almost 12 hours worth.
Do you have links or papers on this tests? Because I would have thought these would have made news, but I have heard anything.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Do you have links or papers on this tests? Because I would have thought these would have made news, but I have heard anything.

They were just last night and I gave sources I currently know about for information. At some point, the live footage should be edited in a way to make it more consumer friendly.

I don't know why you think they would make the news though. There have literally been many hundreds of tests conducted in the last 4-5 years around the world by many different groups with similar results. None of those made the news either. But they are a chief reason the FE movement is growing exponentially around the world. What happened last night has become common place.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm totally going to trust amateur measurements done by people who don't even understand the most basic principles of geometry.

If you want to convince me the earth is flat with a video, you could start by showing me one where we see people actually visiting and recording the edge.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm totally going to trust amateur measurements done by people who don't even understand the most basic principles of geometry.

If you want to convince me the earth is flat with a video, you could start by showing me one where we see people actually visiting and recording the edge.

I'm fine with that. Willingly remaining ignorant is a right you have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm fine with that. Willingly remaining ignorant is a right you have.

I've told you multiple times the kind of evidence I'm looking for. You are the one who refuses to even attempt to provide it.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
I'd like to see that too. I expect there's a big sign: "Edge Of The World - mind the step" ;)

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I've told you multiple times the kind of evidence I'm looking for. You are the one who refuses to even attempt to provide it.

Attempt to trek to the dome? That request is a special kind of crazy.

A primary point to all I've ever said about this topic is that one doesn't need to find the 'edge' to be able to prove the earth isn't a ball. But you never know, you might just get your wish one day, depending on what effect the upcoming FE documentary from Logan Paul has on the next generation of future flat-earthers.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Attempt to trek to the dome? That request is a special kind of crazy.

A primary point to all I've ever said about this topic is that one doesn't need to find the 'edge' to be able to prove the earth isn't a ball. But you never know, you might just get your wish one day, depending on what effect the upcoming FE documentary from Logan Paul has on the next generation of future flat-earthers.

If it's there in Antarctica like you guys keep claiming, then surely someone must have seen it.

We have decades of pictures, video recordings, and live broadcasts from space, which is all apparently some kind of omnipotent conspiracy, yet there is not a single record purporting to show someone actually visiting the edge of the earth?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If it's there in Antarctica like you guys keep claiming, then surely someone must have seen it.

We have decades of pictures, video recordings, and live broadcasts from space, which is all apparently some kind of omnipotent conspiracy, yet there is not a single record purporting to show someone actually visiting the edge of the earth?

Not yet that I'm aware of. But again, completely unnecessary.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Eleven plus hours? I would be surprised is any one has the time to watch it.

I said in post 525 it was a live stream of an all day event, around 12 hours worth. I also mentioned there will be edited versions for easier consumption, but those take time to assemble. Some of that is addressed in the Q&A session in post 533.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a Q&A with one of the guys involved in the test. It streamed live yesterday. As it was a live session, there are points where he talks about things not directly related to the test at times, depending on the questions asked.

is there a condensed version of this? Otherwise it may be a long time before I can get the time to look at it.

on the other hand, this is Paul on a Plane who took a level to prove planes don't dip down, as if gravity doesn't exist on a ball. I am not expecting much here based on that reasoning.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
is there a condensed version of this? Otherwise it may be a long time before I can get the time to look at it.

See post 533.

on the other hand, this is Paul on a Plane who took a level to prove planes don't dip down, as if gravity doesn't exist on a ball. I am not expecting much here based on that reasoning.

All he did was live stream. He wasn't there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.