Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Greater = more in quantity not in substance. And I do not follow you on your question. Jesus did the greatest work of all. The Apostle's did a great number of works after Christ left us.
The word ‘greater’ in that verse is not limited to quantity, and in fact in your example of the Apostles you needed to add ‘number’ after great in order to focus the intent of your usage of great.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you choose to not use oil? Jw

One reason is the extra expense, and another is our son would probably get into it and waste it like he has with other liquids like hand soap and shampoo. Most of all, I suppose until Christianity is internalized in my home, external practice is more going through the motions. I have no issue with those who do, I have an aunt who uses oil from Israel, but she's also visited the Holy lands. I'm just a poor person of low social status, a crack in the wall.

• Friendly
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word ‘greater’ in that verse is not limited to quantity, and in fact in your example of the Apostles you needed to add ‘number’ after great in order to focus the intent of your usage of great.
Ok, quantity = number. Thanks

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

Do you anoint your home?

Where do you anoint?

Why do you anoint?

~Natsumi Lam~
Here's a somewhat humorous story about this.

In the interest saving some money on cleaning the church, we volunteered to do church cleaning for a while. When it was our turn I remember doing some window washing. I was working on the front entryway to the church where many of our youngsters leave their handprints on the glass. So there was quite a bit of scrubbing to do. I was cleaning the door frame as well and noticed some particularly greasy spots that I was having to scrub hard to remove, when suddenly it dawned on me that these doors had been anointed with oil, and there I was scrubbing it off. - lol

I guess the Lord honored the anointing, we did not suffer any attacks that I am aware of due to my overzealous scrubbing.

• Haha
Upvote 0