✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Members,

Fully Christian-only forums will be going into effect immediately. The designated Christian-only forums are: For New Christians, Theology, Types of Ministry, and Edification.

Only members who have selected a Christian icon will be able to post in these forums. Any post by members with a non-Christian icon will be removedby staff. If a member selects a Christian icon, but is not Christian, we will not be removing their icon (i.e. no forcible icon changes). However, any post that is contrary to Christian Forums' Statement of Faith will be removed.

We would ask that members respect the designated Christian areas and not pretend to be of a faith you aren't simply to gain access.

At some point, our tech will make CO forums software-enforced. If members have a non-Christian icon selected, they will be unable to post. We will also be placing restrictions on how often religious icons can be changed. Members will be unable to change the religious icon until a week has passed since the member's previous icon change. We are trying to get our tech on this as soon as possible, but it's hard to know when exactly that will be.

Thanks.

Regards,
Letalis

Reactions: D'Ann

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*snip*

Only members who have selected a Christian icon will be able to post in these forums. Any post by members with a non-Christian icon will be removedby staff. If a member selects a Christian icon, but is not Christian, we will not be removing their icon (i.e. no forcible icon changes). However, any post that is contrary to Christian Forums' Statement of Faith will be removed.

*snip*

Regards,
Letalis

I am making a public challenge.

Every Staffer--from the lowest trainee Moderator to the most senior Advisor--who posts that there will be no forced icon changes is challenged to immediately resign from any position with Christian Forums if even one forced icon change is done.

Are you willing to do this? Are you willing to put your position of power on the line?

Upvote 0

ReadingForOrders

Mar 2, 2008
East of the Mississippi (probably)
Visit site
✟8,585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

Every Staffer--from the lowest trainee Moderator to the most senior Advisor--who posts that there will be no forced icon changes is challenged to immediately resign from any position with Christian Forums if even one forced icon change is done.

Are you willing to do this? Are you willing to put your position of power on the line?

So you are asking them to answer for the possible actions of others?

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So you are asking them to answer for the possible actions of others?

Often when governments act in a dishonorable manner, members of parliments and so forth agree to resign. The government of an internet message board is no different. He is merely trying to ascertain which ones will 'pledge their honor". That is certainly most reasonable.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

I second this.

And :thumbsup: to Meh

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Wouldn't want anything to do with it in that instance, anyway.

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
Members,

Fully Christian-only forums will be going into effect immediately. The designated Christian-only forums are: For New Christians, Theology, Types of Ministry, and Edification.

We would ask that members respect the designated Christian areas and not pretend to be of a faith you aren't simply to gain access.

At some point, our tech will make CO forums software-enforced. If members have a non-Christian icon selected, they will be unable to post. We will also be placing restrictions on how often religious icons can be changed. Members will be unable to change the religious icon until a week has passed since the member's previous icon change. We are trying to get our tech on this as soon as possible, but it's hard to know when exactly that will be.

Thanks.

Regards,
Letalis

Will there be any sort of exception made for the unorthodox theology forum and the subforums within it? There are unorthodox beliefs and issues that are contrary to the CF SoF. My understanding is that generally that is why these beliefs and issues are regulated to discussion in this forum and subforums.

Quote:

CF supports the following as a statement of faith:

We worship one God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Isaiah 44:6-8; Exodus 3:15). God is three divine persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who share one essence--the Trinity (John 6:27; John 1:1, 14; Romans 8:9; Hebrews 1:2-3).

Our Lord, God and Savior, Jesus Christ, the incarnate second person of the Holy Trinity, fully God and fully man (John 1:1, 14), by the Power of the Holy Spirit was born of a Virgin (Luke 1:35) and existed before all time begotten of God the Father (John 1:2; John 1:18). He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) and is seated at the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19). Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah (John 1:49; Matthew 16:16). His coming was foretold by the prophets of the Old Testament (Acts 3:18-23). He shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead (Acts 10:42) and His Kingdom will have no end (2 Peter 1:11).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Will there be any sort of exception made for the unorthodox theology forum and the subforums within it? There are unorthodox beliefs and issues that are contrary to the CF SoF. My understanding is that generally that is why these beliefs and issues are regulated to discussion in this forum and subforums.
Yes. Unorthodox Theology will be open. We're looking at either moving UT, or keeping it in Theology, and just not placing any software restrictions on that forum.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whose decision was this anyway? Making the theology forums Christian only is the epitome of stupidity. Way to alienate seekers. I thought the goal was to spread the message of Jesus - not form some elitist cult.

I think the decision was an excellent one. And the tech change will take the load off the mods enforcing it, because the rule is broken dozens of times each day.

This forum has several purposes -- edification and fellowship within the Christian community (in the CO forums) as well as outreach (in the outreach forums).

I would like to ask, though: what is the official list of Christian icons?

Upvote 0

PETE_

Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God
Jun 11, 2006
✟212,561.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This may help although it may not be the officially list

Nicene CHRISTIAN ICONS

Christian
Christian.gif

Non-Denominational
Non-Denominational.gif

Lutheran
Lutheran.gif

Anglican
Anglican.gif

Baptist
Baptist.gif

Calvinist
Calvinist.gif

Presbyterian
Presbyterian.gif

Methodist
Methodist.gif

United Church of Christ
UnitedChurchOfChrist.gif

Wesleyan
Wesleyan.gif

Nazarene
Nazarene.gif

Salvation Army
Salvation-Army.gif

Anabaptist
Anabaptist.gif

Calvary Chapel
Calvary-Chapel.gif

Pentecostal
Pentecostal.gif

Charismatic
Charismatic.gif

Word-of-Faith
Word-of-Faith.gif

Utrecht
Utrecht.gif

Catholic
Catholic.gif

Eastern Orthodox
Eastern-Orthodox.gif

Oriental Orthodox/Coptic Orthodox
Oriental-Orthodox.gif

Messianic
Messianic.gif

Seventh Day Adventist
Seventh-Day-Adventist.gif

NON-Nicene Christian ICONS

Christian Seeker
Christian-Seeker.gif

Other-Church
Other-Church.gif

Non-Trinitarian Messianic
Non-Trinitarian-Messianic.gif

Unitarian
Unitarian.gif

Mormon
Mormon.gif

Jehovahs Witness
Jehovahs-Witness.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the decision was an excellent one. And the tech change will take the load off the mods enforcing it, because the rule is broken dozens of times each day.
So that is the primary reason for this change, so mods don't have to do as much? Instead of segregating - get more mods, or find mods who actually have the time and willingness to enforce the forums.

This forum has several purposes -- edification and fellowship within the Christian community (in the CO forums) as well as outreach (in the outreach forums).
There is an entire subforum dedicated to edification. I don't see a problem with that being Christian only. The theology forum, however, includes apologetics, science, ethics, etc. discussions that become quite dry without any opposing views. And we all know fundamentalists/evangelicals just pat each other on the back regardless of how horribly poor their arguments are.

Not to mention, you do realize that Jews are excluded from that forum too right? I realize there aren't a lot of Jewish posters here, but merely on principle, the fact that God's chosen people who brought about Christianity can't even post in "Theology" is rather insulting.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So that is the primary reason for this change, so mods don't have to do as much? Instead of segregating - get more mods, or find mods who actually have the time and willingness to enforce the forums.
No, that's not what I said. Given that the decision was made for various other reasons, I said the tech change would help the mods.

I've been a mod here, and it's a tough job. And the only payment received is a lot of personal abuse. I take my hat off to the mods still around.

The theology forum, however, includes apologetics, science, ethics, etc. discussions that become quite dry without any opposing views.
Many of those topics have a CO version and an open version. People can choose where they want to be.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are the non-Nicene Christian icons allowed the same posting privileges as Nicene Christian icons?
I assume that "However, any post that is contrary to Christian Forums' Statement of Faith will be removed" means that non-Trinitarian posts will be removed.

We could probably do with clarification on whether non-Trinitarian members are allowed to post in CO forums.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.