Annihilationism

What is your view of the final state of the unrepentant.

• Annihilationism (I believe the unrepentant will be destroyed)

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Traditionalism (I believe the unrepentant will suffer eternal conscious torment in hell)

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Universalism (I believe that everyone will eventually be saved)

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Which is your opinion and is not supported by scripture and as such is rejected outrightly.
It is supported by some parts of scripture, you just don't want it to be true because it is your belief that God torments his children who don't want to continue on. Perhaps you are unable to overcome revenge so you find it difficult to believe in a good God.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
It is supported by some parts of scripture, you just don't want it to be true because it is your belief that God torments his children who don't want to continue on. Perhaps you are unable to overcome revenge so you find it difficult to believe in a good God.
The proof is in the pudding Colter, just supply the scripture.
FYI, God is Not only love. If his word has any meaning and has to have the meeting that was conveyed at the time it was written in the sense that it was written not based on modern-day equivocation and political correctness.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lazarus/rich man story is written in the past tense, not present tense. "There was a certain rich man" past tense,"there was a certain beggar" past tense. "it came to pass, that the beggar died" past tense
In all candor, are you serious? Here is the question I posed to which the above was your response"

How, and please be specific, does my referring to NT Wright as one who rejects a literal take on Luke 16 connect in any way to my exceedingly reasonable supposition that if Jesus wants his readers to understand that an event is in the future, he will refer to it using the future tense.
I see not even a smidgen of relationship of your response to my question. What does the fact - that I obviously agree with - that the story is in the past tense have to do with the particular question I posed?

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Are you a troll? This is the THIRD time I have posted this clear, comprehensive answer:
Reported for ad hominem, and it's not my fault you can't keep track of your numerous and onerous posts.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reported for ad hominem, and it's not my fault you can't keep track of your numerous and onerous posts.
You are an habitual liar and are nothing but a source of slimy, deprecating remarks.

Moderators: You know what this poster is up to. If I have to take the fall and this guy is allowed to continue with his awful behaviour, well that's your decision. If need be, I will go elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.