United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so angry at God. I know it's probably wrong and I don't want to be but I just feel like he's up there laughing at me. I beg and beg and beg for answers, for relief when I feel pain, for comfort when I'm lonely, for clarity when I'm confused. I beg and he's just silent. I feel like he's just messing with me. Is that true? Most likely no but I'm so angry with him.
What do you do when you're angry at God? He's always just silent with me. I can't get any answers and I feel stuck and hopeless. It feels like he's just a brick wall. I'm sending all my prayers to a wall that doesn't listen.

MyLordYeshuaTheMessiah

Nov 12, 2017
london
✟29,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so angry at God. I know it's probably wrong and I don't want to be but I just feel like he's up there laughing at me. I beg and beg and beg for answers, for relief when I feel pain, for comfort when I'm lonely, for clarity when I'm confused. I beg and he's just silent. I feel like he's just messing with me. Is that true? Most likely no but I'm so angry with him.
What do you do when you're angry at God? He's always just silent with me. I can't get any answers and I feel stuck and hopeless. It feels like he's just a brick wall. I'm sending all my prayers to a wall that doesn't listen.
God listens, but remember. It's "your will be done Father, not mine".
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness."
There may be other issues. Consider this verse, "God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble".
Are you proud?
Also, consider what you're asking for.
If you're expecting some big revelation, then you won't get one. Like the Pharisees who wanted a sign, and Jesus said, "a wicked generation seeks for a sign, and there no sign shall be given".

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties. But being angry at God probably isn't going to help. We don't always know why God is silent with us but it can be for several reasons. Don't stop praying and don't give up.

"If you are experiencing the silence of God, do not believe the lie that you are a second-tier, second-rate Christian. In reality, it is possible, even probable, that it means quite the opposite. God has entrusted you with His apparent silence for a greater reason. Trust is the central issue that needs your focus. Will you trust God to straighten out this mess in your life? Will you trust God to see you through the desert? Will you trust God, even when He says no or wait or not now?"

Why You Should Not Despair When God is Silent

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why should cross and trial grieve me?
Christ is near With His cheer;
Never will He leave me.
Who can rob me of the heaven
That God's Son For my own
To my faith hath given?

God oft gives me days of gladness;
Shall I grieve If He give
Seasons, too, of sadness?
God is good and tempers ever
All my ill, And He will
Wholly leave me never.

Death cannot destroy forever;
From our fears, Cares, and tears
It will us deliver.
It will close life's mournful story,
Make a way That we may
Enter heavenly glory.

Lord, my Shepherd, take me to Thee.
Thou art mine; I was Thine,
Even e'er I knew Thee.
I am Thine, for Thou hast bought me;
Lost I stood, But Thy blood
Free salvation brought me.

Thou art mine; I love and own Thee.
Light of Joy, Ne'er shall I
From my heart dethrone Thee.
Savior, let me soon behold Thee
Face to face, -May Thy grace
Evermore enfold me!

Paul Gerhardt--1647

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I understand that it can be frustrating at times. God is big enough to handle your frustration with Him. But, please don't ever lose sight of Who He is. If He really is God, do you have a better option than to faithfully wait for His answer? If He is God, is it helpful for you to listen to and come into agreement with your enemy's voice claiming God has mean-spirited motives--like laughing at you or messing with you? In all seriousness, I am sure I have done a lot of things that make God laugh at me and wonder if "this kid is ever gonna get it?" I'm okay with that picture. I should laugh, too! If He wanted to just laugh at you, I'm sure you've done enough that He earned that right. Yet, instead of laughing at you and me, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us and tell us that in doing so, we could be forgiven.

What if there are reasons you don't know now? Remember Daniel's prayers were inhibited, according to the Scriptures. I am quite certain that Daniel wasn't the only one of us who has had prayers delayed while a spiritual battle that we were oblivious to was going on around us.

Let faith rise up in you, so you can trust God and so you can be free from defaulting to the enemy's voice when you don't get what you want when you want it. Remember the many things Jesus said about what we would go through here. Remember what Hebrews says about the imperative importance of faith (Heb 11:6). Diligently seek Him! You will eventually hear His answer.

Remember, too, that the Apostle Paul learned how to be thankful and satisfied when in need and when the answer was "my grace is enough".

Upvote 0

JesusIsMySavior101

Matthew 25:40 everything we do, we do it for Him!!
Oct 16, 2016
Usa
✟10,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think he gives us all trials some different then others. You know like you will go through things that only you can do, and if someone else were to attempt them they probably wouldn’t be able to do it because they were made for something different. It’s kinda like a test I think in a way. To see if you can overcome it. I’m sure many many other Christians have been in the situation you have found yourself in, and yes like somebody else already mentioned because he trusts you with more and means it for your good. With his help we can overcome anything really. So try looking at it like that. Maybe there is sin in your life that needs to be repented of and this is the only way to change us.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've never been angry at God. It's not because I'm so good, but any good that has ever happened to me came from Him. Jesus laid down His life for us.

James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

I'm especially thankful to Him, because neither of my parents taught me about God, but He had plans for my life.

I hope you feel better soon.

Christian James_4.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Step by Step. Ironically, I think your user pic says it all - footsteps. God often seems silent when we want Him to show up. It feels like we're on our own. And often we respond by yelling louder, praying harder. But He's there all the time. If we could only believe that, we would have peace in the storm.

That is why this verse:

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. -Heb 11.6​

is not just about God. It's good for us also, when we have that proactive kind of faith during dark times. God doesn't want to lead us around by the nose, so He allows times of apparent distance so we can process and inculcate the lessons He's trying to teach us or even to realize we need to learn the lessons. In due season we'll feel intimacy again (actually, it's only a moment away when we have the right perspective). This on-again, off-again cycle is the way He grows our faith and matures us in Christlike character.

So know that God is not laughing at you. He's cheering you on all the way. He's on your side, and will never leave nor forsake.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you do when you're angry at God? He's always just silent with me.

Honestly, I get silent back, then I slowly come back around.

Like some people that we just can't stay angry with, there is one that we'd better not, like it or not. ;)

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You will get all the answers you need from His Word. Its all in there. Yes, life is so, so hard for those who truly want to please Him and live according to His ways. That's why the Bible says narrow is the way that leads to life and only a few find it. Its His pruning and refining process that is so very painful. You are put through a furnace of affliction and brought forth as gold.
When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.
Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73:21-24
I got angry with God once and was a brute beast before Him. Then I quickly repented of it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that so many people think God absolutely will reply in explicit and unmistakable terms to any request we direct to him--and promptly. The fact is that he hears, but his response is not always what we think we are entitled to. He may work his will in response to your request but over a period of time. Or the request that you think is reasonable and desirable, he knows to be a mistake. So keep on with your prayers, but know that the anger is misplaced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm so angry at God. I know it's probably wrong and I don't want to be

If you are angry be honest with God and tell him. He alreadsy knows through the indewlling Spirit, so let your anger out.

That said you also have to be honest with your self.
God is not a spiritual google, ask him a question and up pops an answer.

There are no new questions about Christianity.
Other cleverer and more Spiritualy aware Christians have struggled with ever question you have and have come up with answers.
We have to use our intellect and google to find the answers.

If you are in physical pain you need a doctor.

Loneliness is why we have fellowship with other Christians at church.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm so angry at God. I know it's probably wrong and I don't want to be but I just feel like he's up there laughing at me.

Yes, it is wrong to be angry at God. If anyone does not deserve your anger it's Him.

I beg and beg and beg for answers, for relief when I feel pain, for comfort when I'm lonely, for clarity when I'm confused. I beg and he's just silent. I feel like he's just messing with me. Is that true? Most likely no but I'm so angry with him.

Well, what sort of answers to your pleas are you expecting? Maybe you've been wanting particular kinds of answers rather than the answers God wants to give to you.

It's a mistake to think that all of your priorities will be God's. His view stretches into eternity, remember. He sees the infinite span of time that extends before you and knows that the comparatively tiny length of time you spend here on planet earth is nothing to get overly wound up about. He's preparing you for the eternity to come, not for the here and now. And so His priorities for you won't necessarily align with your own temporally-preoccupied priorities.

I used to think and pray like you. And then God gave me some perspective on my life. It was...painful. But eye-opening.

God is never silent. He is always waiting to speak to you in His word, the Bible. If you want to hear God speak, open your Bible and study it. But don't just study the Bible; do what it says. You'll find, as I and so many countless other disciples of Christ have found, that when you obey God's will expressed to you in His word, life starts to come into focus, it starts to make a whole lot more sense, and God suddenly is right there with you convicting you, illuminating your understanding, strengthening you to do as He has told you to do, comforting you, and providing for you. It's when we want things our way, when we demand God serve us, that He feels a million miles away.

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,907.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of great answers here.

God is not deaf, He never laughs at us, and He responds to every prayer in one of three ways: Yes, No, or Wait.

Usually when I feel God's silence, it's because I need to learn and develop something before He will respond. What is it that you need to learn? To trust Him? To worship Him? To obey Him?

We all go through our desert seasons. This is when God refines us and teaches us something. Without the dark, you can't appreciate the light. The first response to His pause should not be stomping feet and anger. It should be the question, What is He teaching me now? Pray about that first, then learn and grow. He will answer, but it's been my experience that His answers are not exactly what I was looking for. They are always better. He understands more than you and I do, and we need to trust and obey.

As others have wisely said, "Not my will but yours."

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Most likely no but I'm so angry with him.
Oh yes. I’ve been angry at God. I told him so. I expressed my frustration with no movement on a situation I was in that needed a resolution. It went on for months.

Finally I had no choice but to put 100% of my trust in his decision and turn 100% of my will over to him. I prayed something like:
“OK, it’s not up to any other party or myself in this situation. It’s up to you. You know exactly what I want, but I give up. I will do exactly what you want. Show me how to make everything work out your way.”

When I truly felt ok with his will, whatever it would be, I had peace. For the first time in my life I had absolutely no option but to submit. So I did.

A few days later, after I stopped dwelling on the situation and stopped expecting the phone to ring...it rang.

I got exactly what I wanted, but I truly believe God told me, “STOP worrying and leave it up to me.” Which is what I finally did.

Whatever you are feeling, I think I understand. Try giving up and let God decide and be good with it.

Upvote 0