✟2,369.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I posted this in the Lutheran Wisdom thread but I think it belongs here too:

Martin Luther ("A Commentary on St. Paul's Epistle to the Galatians" 1531) said:
'Sir Devil, I fear not they threatenings and terrors, for there is one whose name is Jesus Christ, in whom I believe; he hath abolished the law, condemned sin, vanquished death, and destroyed hell; and he is thy tormentor, O Satan, for he hath bound thee and holdeth thee captive, to the end that thou shouldest no more hurt me, or any that believeth in him.' This faith the devil cannot overcome, but is overcome of it.

-James

Upvote 0

ChiRho

Confessional Lutheran Catholic
Mar 5, 2004
Fort Wayne
✟9,982.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Libertarian
I rant against the censor machines at CF! There are certain times when strong language is not only appropriate, but the thought or idea suffers without the "harsh" term.

HERESY = SPUCATUM TAURI

AHH! Maybe I am on to something....

Pax Christi,

ChiRho

Upvote 0

ChiRho

Confessional Lutheran Catholic
Mar 5, 2004
Fort Wayne
✟9,982.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Libertarian
Law and Gospel properly distinguished! That is the only way one can even begin to make heads or tales of Holy Scripture. This revelation comes from no one but Christ. When you blend the two, strange...horrible things come out! People actually believing that they seek God! People believing that they are sinless! Satan is certainly "good" at what He does...even when trying to talk to someone about some of their confusion, He even uses every distraction possible. Who knew that Roman was such a dirty word...?

Pax Christi,

ChiRho

Upvote 0

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟29,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lotar said:
JUST GREAT!!! First ChiRho stole my idea and started the new rant thread before I could, then you go and copy it in TAW!!! :p

PS: I stole the idea from OBOB. ;)
How does that saying go? "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Awwwwww...
I was in a bad mood at work when I first got there. (road rage- I have a mile drive to work, LOL)
I eventually got over the road rage. I wanted to tear off someone's head and spit down his neck this evening. (someone called in to work with a "personal problem")

RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRR!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is hard to not grow angry towards the sofists, who can look at nothing without the lense of human reason. And to think that at first they accused us of using human reason to object to their most foul doctrine of transubstantiation, then only to reject Christ's words off hand on the basis of their reason.

Does this fall under the catagory of righteous anger? :sorry:

Upvote 0
N

notbreetai

Arg!!!!! How can people actually follow someone who taught that men can become gods and have their own planet to be god over; that God is only one of many similar gods and that there are many gods which are superior to Him. Arg!!!!!

How can some people actually believe that Jesus came back in 70AD? That's idiotic!!!

Thank's guys, I'm done now.

I thought that it was best to use my alter-ego to post this stuff, with the option to view a users last 100 posts and all...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.