Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm listening to the book 'The Veil: an invitation to the unseen realm' by Blake K Healy. He's a Christian and claims to have seen both demons and angels since he was a child. This isn't something I learned about growing up as a Methodist and I've always tended to stay away from the subject.

Anyway, now I'm reading this book and wonder what Christians of different denominations think about this kind of 'gift'. It doesn't seem like a gift to me to see demons and it scares me even thinking that there are demons everywhere!
Anyone read the book or familiar with the subject?

• Winner
Reactions: Sunshinee777

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm listening to the book 'The Veil: an invitation to the unseen realm' by Blake K Healy. He's a Christian and claims to have seen both demons and angels since he was a child. This isn't something I learned about growing up as a Methodist and I've always tended to stay away from the subject.

Anyway, now I'm reading this book and wonder what Christians of different denominations think about this kind of 'gift'. It doesn't seem like a gift to me to see demons and it scares me even thinking that there are demons everywhere!
I dont believe the interaction between angels and demons is actually a gift either. Here is scripute to help clarify. Blessings
I Corinthians 12
The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Christian brothers, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. You need to understand the truth about this. 2 You know that before you were Christians you were led to worship false gods. None of these gods could speak. 3 So I tell you that no one speaking by the help of the Holy Spirit can say that he hates Jesus. No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the help of the Holy Spirit.

The Kinds of Gifts
4 There are different kinds of gifts. But it is the same Holy Spirit Who gives them. 5 There are different kinds of work to be done for Him. But the work is for the same Lord. 6 There are different ways of doing His work. But it is the same God who uses all these ways in all people. 7 The Holy Spirit works in each person in one way or another for the good of all. 8 One person is given the gift of teaching words of wisdom. Another person is given the gift of teaching what he has learned and knows. These gifts are by the same Holy Spirit. 9 One person receives the gift of faith. Another person receives the gifts of healing. These gifts are given by the same Holy Spirit. 10 One person is given the gift of doing powerful works. Another person is given the gift of speaking God’s Word. Another person is given the gift of telling the difference between the Holy Spirit and false spirits. Another person is given the gift of speaking in tongues. Another person is given the gift of telling what these tongues mean. 11 But it is the same Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, Who does all these things. He gives to each person as He wants to give.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont believe the interaction between angels and demons is actually a gift either. Here is scripute to help clarify. Blessings
I Corinthians 12
The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Christian brothers, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. You need to understand the truth about this. 2 You know that before you were Christians you were led to worship false gods. None of these gods could speak. 3 So I tell you that no one speaking by the help of the Holy Spirit can say that he hates Jesus. No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the help of the Holy Spirit.

The Kinds of Gifts
4 There are different kinds of gifts. But it is the same Holy Spirit Who gives them. 5 There are different kinds of work to be done for Him. But the work is for the same Lord. 6 There are different ways of doing His work. But it is the same God who uses all these ways in all people. 7 The Holy Spirit works in each person in one way or another for the good of all. 8 One person is given the gift of teaching words of wisdom. Another person is given the gift of teaching what he has learned and knows. These gifts are by the same Holy Spirit. 9 One person receives the gift of faith. Another person receives the gifts of healing. These gifts are given by the same Holy Spirit. 10 One person is given the gift of doing powerful works. Another person is given the gift of speaking God’s Word. Another person is given the gift of telling the difference between the Holy Spirit and false spirits. Another person is given the gift of speaking in tongues. Another person is given the gift of telling what these tongues mean. 11 But it is the same Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, Who does all these things. He gives to each person as He wants to give.

Hmm seems this fits the bill, angels and demons

Another person is given the gift of telling the difference between the Holy Spirit and false spirits.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm seems this fits the bill, angels and demons

Another person is given the gift of telling the difference between the Holy Spirit and false spirits.
Respectfully no, it does not. The Holy Spirit dwells in the beliver and a demon or false teachings can dwell in an apostate. This is the gift of discernment between the two.This does not cover visitations from the spiritual realm. Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Respectfully no, it does not. The Holy Spirit dwells in the beliver and a demon or false teachings can dwell in an apostate. This is the gift of discernment. This does not cover visitations from the spiritual realm. Blessings.

Angels are of one accord, demons not so much.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay so, he doesn't claim to interact with them just to see them. Also it's not a fiction book, I wouldn't ask about a fiction book.
It could be that he's lying or deluded. It's not a 'normal' thing though in some denominations then?
I'm probably just going to stop reading it, it's kind of freaking me out anyway.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angels are of one accord, demons not so much.
I will add though...that this person who wrote the book can be easily discerned as someone who lays out a stumbling block to those who are weak in faith by directing ones attention to things other than Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay so, he doesn't claim to interact with them just to see them. Also it's not a fiction book, I wouldn't ask about a fiction book.
It could be that he's lying or deluded. It's not a 'normal' thing though in some denominations then?
I'm probably just going to stop reading it, it's kind of freaking me out anyway.

Maybe it’s best to step back from reading it, specially if it’s seems freaky

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great! You have discerned wisely! Blessings!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

... I'm sure he thinks he sees "something," but lots of people think they see something ...

Sometimes you kind of have to take these claims with a pinch of salt.

Maybe a lot of salt. Like a whole bag of it! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Where I can find this audiobook?
Demons are as real as angels. It’s all in the bible and I have read many people having experiences seeing demons and angels. Funny though, so many christians can accept that angels are real but deny that demons are real. Im not really blaming christians but churches who don’t teach the truth of this because watered down scriptures are much more pleasant than facts. Nobody wants to hear the ugly truth. But when you know the truth you know how to protect yourself from these evil entities like demons.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I'm familiar with the concept, many Charismatic Christians, and sometimes saintly figures in Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity believe the same thing or have those kind of experiences. I believe that sort of thing is possible and some people have the gift etc. but I also have some skepticism regarding people claiming various kind of gifting like prophetic visions, prophetic words from God etc. and other things including the Discerning of Spirits because I realize the roles psychology can play in such things etc. and I have seen first hand from being in the Charismatic movement how people can be unreliable vessels etc. where their prophetic words and other spiritual experiences seem to be coming from their own imagination, psyche etc. rather than from God.

Besides all this there is a theme in Eastern Orthodoxy called Prelest which relates to being under spiritual delusion coming from demonic spirits. Basically demons can give visions, and other kinds of supernatural workings to lead people astray. But that is another reason to be circumspect when dealing with the subject. But I would not go too far into skepticism either the idea that people don't have things because of a lack of faith is also a big theme in the Gospels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where I can find this audiobook?
Demons are as real as angels. It’s all in the bible and I have read many people having experiences seeing demons and angels. Funny though, so many christians can accept that angels are real but deny that demons are real. Im not really blaming christians but churches who don’t teach the truth of this because watered down scriptures are much more pleasant than facts. Nobody wants to hear the ugly truth. But when you know the truth you know how to protect yourself from these evil entities like demons.

I think you're right, of course, Sunshinee777, but I also think that we probably shouldn't give Satan anymore creedance (or attention) than would Jesus and the Apostles.

Sure, being aware of demonic forces (and the presence of angels) who are perched in high places isn't optional for the Christian, but in mulling over how we should address this issue, I'm sure that we can all see from Scripture that it should be done in a sober, thoughtful and prayerful manner.

Personally, I'd pick up a book like Understanding Spiritual Warfare: Four Views - Ed. James K. Beilby & Paul Rhodes Eddy (2012, Baker Academic) before the one mentioned in the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There are plenty of instances throughout the Bible of people seeing angels, with descriptions, so that's not really unbiblical. As far as seeing demons, I cannot think of any time that anyone recorded seeing a demon. They may have discerned that a demon had possessed a person or that a spirit was even afflicting them (Paul). However there are no descriptions in the Bible of the demons or spirits like there are of angels. Therefore, that part of it is unbiblical.

For what it's worth, regarding the author. He is part of Bethel Atlanta, went to Bethel's school of supernatural ministry, and heads up the supernatural ministry of Bethel Atlanta.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

St. Padre Pio from childhood had the ability to see his guardian angel. It is certainly possible that people can have this gift and I would not be surprised about it.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I’ve heard of another person who saw demons. As I understood it, he saw them regularly. As I recall, the prophet Elisha saw angels protecting him and his understudy. The understudy was enabled to see them as well. I should have added that The Word becomes clear as Christ reveals The Truth. The Word in Hebrews 10 is very specific to those who Truly know.

Heb.10 Verses 26 to 27

1. [26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

2Kgs.6

1. [17] And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0