Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
EVERYTHING GOD SAYS WILL HAPPEN, HAPPENED OR WILL HAPPEN.

Of course! If Judas had done things differently, then God would say different things would happen. He would have foreknowlege of that of course.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Of course! If Judas had done things differently, then God would say different things would happen. He would have foreknowlege of that of course.
God Stated what would happen, because as always He Knew exactly what would happen.

It happened exactly as God already knew. There was no possible change in God's Word.

• Agree
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God Stated what would happen, because as always He Knew exactly what would happen.

It happened exactly as God already knew. There was no possible change in God's Word.

It's a free will discussion. My belief: If I know a person really well I know what that person will choose in a certain situation. My knowing doesn't cancel his free will. God knows everything, also our free will choices before we have made them. Still the free will is there.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's a free will discussion. My belief: If I know a person really well I know what that person will choose in a certain situation. My knowing doesn't cancel his free will. God knows everything, also our free will choices before we have made them. Still the free will is there.
That all seems in order, yes.

God already KNOWS EVERYTHING even before HE CREATES anything.
God KNEW ALWAYS what the betrayer would do.
No one could change that.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That all seems in order, yes.

God already KNOWS EVERYTHING even before HE CREATES anything.
God KNEW ALWAYS what the betrayer would do.
No one could change that.

This is where we think differently. God knows what we choose. It's not what God knows we choose.

Another anology would be. You have seen the World cup on TV. You know the results. Does that mean that the players' effort on the field couldn't make any difference?

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly

Picture God standing on a mountain overlooking a valley. A train track runs thru the valley. God sees one train enter the valley from one side, and a second train enters that valley from the other side. God looks down and says, if those trains don't stop, they are going to collide. The trains don't stop, and they collide.

Does this mean God made the trains collide?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting view! I don't agree, but thanks for moving my braincells around. :)

Peter only addressed the men of Israel in acts 2. Under the law of Moses, gentiles have to covert to Judaism in order to be saved (exodus 12:48)

Cornelius was the first gentile to be saved without having to convert to Judaism

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ananias and Sapphira planned to trick the Church, holding on to money and fell down dead.

1. Why weren't they given a chance to repent?

2. Could this happen to a Christian today?
We all belong to God. If he needs to use us to make a point, His will be done, has nothing to do with our salvation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is where we think differently. God knows what we choose. It's not what God knows we choose.
What post gave you the idea that I think differently ?

Another anology would be. You have seen the World cup on TV. You know the results. Does that mean that the players' effort on the field couldn't make any difference?
I was thinking of this same example.

After watching the game, and then playing back a recording while someone else is watching with you,
you could 'bet' on various plays (not advocating betting at, just pointing out what you already know),
and WIN each time since you already know the results.

You, I , others just watching the games, in real time or recorded, can't make the players do what we want, and usually cannot influence them.

God is able to, as He Says, when He wants to. He Always Knows Everything.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Exactly
Picture God standing on a mountain overlooking a valley. A train track runs thru the valley. God sees one train enter the valley from one side, and a second train enters that valley from the other side. God looks down and says, if those trains don't stop, they are going to collide. The trains don't stop, and they collide.
Does this mean God made the trains collide?
:) ..... like Gomex on "The Adam's Family" ?!

• Haha
Upvote 0