✟3,323.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Serapha

First of all, a woman is not save from both physical and spiritual death through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Her resurrection depends upon her husband calling her "secret" name on the day of resurrection... therefore her salvation (exaltation) is based upon her husband and not upon Christ.

Exaltation is not synonymous with 'salvation.' I have not been thru the temple, so I do not know the details of the teachings to which you refer, and I am not interested in learning, either. They have nothing to do with the resurrection specifically, but that of exaltation, which you yourself pointed out was a very separate issue.

If you refuse to see the similarities of LDS and Christian definition of salvation, that is your perogative. I am only seeking common ground, I forget others find that offensive.

There is a big difference between "exaltation" in the LDS's and in salvation in the Bible.

That is very true.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
I think that the LDS defination of salvation differs from the orthodox defination concerning spending eternity in the presence of God the Father. In LDS theology, one can be "saved," yet separated from God the Father for eternity. Separation from God the Father for eternity seems to me more like dam*ation, than salvation.

Upvote 0

ChileanEldr2004

ChileanElder
Feb 18, 2004
TEXAS
✟15,158.00
Faith
Mormon
skylark1 said:
I think that the LDS defination of salvation differs from the orthodox defination concerning spending eternity in the presence of God the Father. In LDS theology, one can be "saved," yet separated from God the Father for eternity. Separation from God the Father for eternity seems to me more like dam*ation, than salvation.

I think the only thing that I was trying to illustrate is that maybe, it could be possible that, LDS people and christians will all be saved. Obviously, I believe in Christ, I know he died for my sins, and I repent of my sins sincerely and forsake them. I try to lead the best lifethat I can, using the teaching that Christ laid forth in the bible. So I guess by most of the definitions presented I will be saved just like most of the people here.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
ChileanEldr2004 said:
I think the only thing that I was trying to illustrate is that maybe, it could be possible that, LDS people and christians will all be saved. Obviously, I believe in Christ, I know he died for my sins, and I repent of my sins sincerely and forsake them. I try to lead the best lifethat I can, using the teaching that Christ laid forth in the bible. So I guess by most of the definitions presented I will be saved just like most of the people here.
And I was just trying to point out that if you tell non-LDS that you believe that they will be saved, when you believe that they will be eternally separated from God the Father, to most Christians what you are speaking of is NOT salvation.

We are saved when we trust in Jesus Christ alone as our Savior. Some place their trust in Jesus, as well as their good deeds or ordinances to save them.

Upvote 0

ChileanEldr2004

ChileanElder
Feb 18, 2004
TEXAS
✟15,158.00
Faith
Mormon
skylark1 said:
And I was just trying to point out that if you tell non-LDS that you believe that they will be saved, when you believe that they will be eternally separated from God the Father, to most Christians what you are speaking of is NOT salvation.

We are saved when we trust in Jesus Christ alone as our Savior. Some place their trust in Jesus, as well as their good deeds or ordinances to save them.

I agree

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.