Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hate it when people post links to articles on here. I read them all, they're usually lame, and I usually know what they are going to say before I read them. I wonder if the poster has an original thought in his head, and why he's on a board pimping someone else's thoughts. I read them anyway, for reasons unknown. This article is different. It's good. It didn't make me sad, but it did make a little tear well up. I don't know why. I'm not very sentimental. My knowledge of clasical music is limited to the 5 or 6 clasical CDs I own. I do not play violin. I've never been to a symphony.

We will never expirience what beauty is if we don't look for it.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup: Wow!
I wish Josh Groban would show up in my town and do this.
Joshua Bell plays violin on one of Josh G's albums.
Beautiful indeed.

(I have to confess when i first wrote this quick reply, I had only read a piece of the article. Now I read it, and watched the video.
It's hard to put words to how it makes you feel. So sad. Sobering.)

MikeK, I like what you said....
"We will never experience what beauty is if we don't look for it."
Very true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The part which I thought was most poignant, was how the children wanted to stop and see him play, but their parents would spirit them along. It shows how children have a certain innate curiosity and appreciation for the good and beautiful. I think postmodern society is such that it desensitizes us to what is important over time. It kills the soul. We are rich in technological gadgets and poor in the stuff of the spirit.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The part which I thought was most poignant, was how the children wanted to stop and see him play, but their parents would spirit them along. It shows how children have a certain innate curiosity and appreciation for the good and beautiful. I think postmodern society is such that it desensitizes us to what is important over time. It kills the soul. We are rich in technological gadgets and poor in the stuff of the spirit.

Very true, unfortunately.:(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.