Americans to receive COVID shots inside abortion centers as part of multi-million dollar...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
...Planned Parenthood campaign

Planned Parenthood announced a $2 million English and Spanish ad blitz to promote COVID-19 vaccines to at least 1.5 million people, on top of campaigns to distribute shots through its abortion facilities and mobile sites in five states.

Continued below.
Americans to receive COVID shots inside abortion centers as part of multi-million dollar Planned Parenthood campaign
WHY NOT?

Spread the abortion tainted vaccines far and wide. They would probably want to use the most abortion tainted vaccines available. There is a cynical sickness to Planned Parenthood.

Maybe each shot comes with a free condom.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't at least one vax contain aborted human fetus cells?
Might as well use gov't sponsored "health" clinics to promote gov't sponsored health. Indoctrination.
Surprised they don't make PP the only place to be vaxd. If the vax is really so necessary, they could make certain no pro-lifers would partake.
Where's George Carlin when we need him? Maybe Chevy could fill in.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Might as well use gov't sponsored "health" clinics to promote gov't sponsored health. Indoctrination.
Surprised they don't make PP the only place to be vaxd. If the vax is really so necessary, they could make certain no pro-lifers would partake.
Where's George Carlin when we need him? Maybe Chevy could fill in.
Fill in for George Carlin? I could not compete! Not even close.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So far most and maybe all of them do. Some with distant cooperation in evil, and others in more proximate cooperation. Catholics may partake of something distantly related to a moral evil as long as they themselves do not agree with the moral evil and if they do so because they have no other and better option to do some necessary thing.

Getting vaccinated against Covid can be considered 'necessary' and both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines involve only distant cooperation in evil. The J and J one seems much more problematic.

Catholics are asked to object to the moral evils these vaccine companies engage in. And to avoid the worst of them if they can. What we should be doing is be creating our own moral vaccines using the capabilities of Catholic medical schools and Catholic hospitals. We might even find there is a demand for such vaccines from faithful Catholics and faithful Protestants.

• Informative
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,411.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So far most and maybe all of them do. Some with distant cooperation in evil, and others in more proximate cooperation. Catholics may partake of something distantly related to a moral evil as long as they themselves do not agree with the moral evil and if they do so because they have no other and better option to do some necessary thing.

Getting vaccinated against Covid can be considered 'necessary' and both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines involve only distant cooperation in evil. The J and J one seems much more problematic.

Catholics are asked to object to the moral evils these vaccine companies engage in. And to avoid the worst of them if they can. What we should be doing is be creating our own moral vaccines using the capabilities of Catholic medical schools and Catholic hospitals. We might even find there is a demand for such vaccines from faithful Catholics and faithful Protestants.
To my knowledge none of them contain aborted fetal cells.

Most of them were tested on a fetal stem cell line they believe could have been the product of an abortion. That is the indirect cooperation with evil potential.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,411.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From the USCCB guidelines document on the morality of receiving the vaccine:

"It is important to note that the making of the rubella vaccine (or that of the new COVID19 vaccines) does not involve cells taken directly from the body of an aborted child. Cells taken from two abortions in the 1960s were replicated in a laboratory to produce two cell lines that can be reproduced again and again, ndefinitely. To make the rubella vaccine, cells from these cell lines are stimulated to produce the chemicals necessary for the vaccine. It is not as if the making of the vaccine required ever more cells from ever more abortions.

There are currently three vaccines that have been presented to us as having demonstrated their effectiveness and that are likely to be made available in the coming months, those from Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca. The situation of the first two is essentially the same. Neither Pfizer nor Moderna used morally compromised cell lines in the design, development, or production of the vaccine. A confirmatory test, however, employing the commonly used, but morally compromised HEK293 cell line was performed on both vaccines. Thus, while neither vaccine is completely free from any connection to morally compromised cell lines, in this case the connection is very remote from the initial evil of the abortion.

In view of the gravity of the current pandemic and the lack of availability of alternative vaccines, the reasons to accept the new COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna are sufficiently serious to justify their use, despite their remote connection to morally compromised cell lines. In addition, receiving the COVID-19 vaccine ought to be understood as an act of charity toward the other members of our community. In this way, being vaccinated safely against COVID-19 should be considered an act of love of our neighbor and part of our moral responsibility for the common good.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is more morally compromised. The HEK293 cell line was used in the design, development, and production stages of that vaccine, as well as for confirmatory testing. The current vaccine for rubella, though developed earlier, relies on morally compromised cell lines in much the same way as the newly developed AstraZeneca vaccine. The AstraZeneca vaccine should be avoided if there are alternatives available."

https://www.usccb.org/moral-considerations-covid-vaccines

When I first heard of the potential abortion connection it was on Catholic radio and I believe a person from the National Catholic Bioethics Center was being interviewed. At that time it didn't seem they knew for sure it was an stem cell line from an aborted baby that was being used. Based on the USCCB document it seems they do know that -- there's a footnote on the document that says "The cell line involved in the three new COVID-19 vaccines, a cell line known as HEK293, has its origin in kidney cells taken from the body of a child aborted in the Netherlands in 1972."

It's a reproducing cell line that doesn't require more abortions to be perform in order to continue manufacturing vaccines.

But the idea that when you receive the vaccine you are injected with cells from that child is not true.

We do all have a connection to that child though. There is a person connected to the often faceless victims of abortion. One whose life among us is now saving lives. Martrydom? Sainthood? In my opinion yes. A life of great value to the common good. That does not justify their abortion. But it should help us to remember that all of these lives have value and meaning, and someday we will know just how much.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. What I understand from this document and from conservative Pro-life Protestant publications (i.e. Southern Baptist) that if one has a choice one should take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine but there may not be an alternative available to some(they mention Astra Zeneca but the Johnson and Johnson shot would be more morally compromised as well) so then it is morally permissible to take the J and J or Astra Zeneca. Of course I also have seen where the Vatican has said people should be allowed to turn down the shots, too, and I have several friends and family who will not get vaccinated.
For this reason I received my first dose of the Pfizer last week and will get my second dose at the end of April. I really agonized whether I wanted a shot at all, as they do not have FDA approval but are only authorized for emergency use. But I have a couple of friends who were seemingly in good health who have gotten very ill from Covid and now have lingering symptoms(from 6 months ago, these people were relatively young and fit, 50ish) whereas I have seen people who have underlying conditions not get as sick as one might think. I am over 60 and work in retail and though we wear masks and clean, still I could be exposed more to it, so I made the decision to get the vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums