Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Americans buying guns alongside their toilet paper and canned goods in anticipation of Nov. 3

With just four days until the 2020 presidential election, early indicators show American shoppersconcerned about political fallout, a spike in coronavirus cases and the possibility of more lockdowns are stockpiling goods.

As tensions run high, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and other basic goods are reportedly flying off store shelves once more in anticipation of a night of civil unrest next Tuesday.

Continued below.
American shoppers panic-buying as coronavirus spike aggravates year of upheaval

• Haha
Reactions: justtrance

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Panic buying began in the summer. I documented my experiences at Whole Foods and odd items missing in the Preppers forum. Around Labor Day, we had multiple empty bins of rice, nuts and legumes and shelves of pasta out of stock. That's odd for that period. I spoke with the cashiers in multiple stores and they reported the same. Customers were stocking up.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah... seen it this last weekend...

I just don't wanna leave my apartment if I don't have to. I try to go every 2 weeks for groceries and etc. But the aisle that was once overflowing with toilet paper was almost empty again.

I was busy buying chuck roasts and pork butts for less than the price of ground beef or sausage(I have my own meat grinder and make my own sausage)

I also grabbed some paper towels, toilet paper and kleenex amongst our regular grocery shopping. Things were looking thin again...and there were still the holes from the last time there was panic buying.

Canning supplies were also wiped out completely except for gulfwax. (It's also great for canning and candles but whatever)

So yes, if you are anywhere near low you might want to get more.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Americans buying guns alongside their toilet paper and canned goods in anticipation of Nov. 3

With just four days until the 2020 presidential election, early indicators show American shoppersconcerned about political fallout, a spike in coronavirus cases and the possibility of more lockdowns are stockpiling goods.

As tensions run high, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and other basic goods are reportedly flying off store shelves once more in anticipation of a night of civil unrest next Tuesday.

Continued below.
American shoppers panic-buying as coronavirus spike aggravates year of upheaval
When people see others coming out of shops carrying firearms they have purchased, they will probably be crapping themselves and will be a mad rush to go to the local supermarket and lay their hands on all the toilet paper and cleaning supplies.
It's all a bit of a mess!

Upvote 0