Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
okay I just watched episode 17, I haven't seen the results.....
These are my picks..
TOP 3 - Philip, DeAndre, and Skylar - but I also loved Joshua and Elise.
bottom 3 - Shannon, Erica, and HeeJun - I would send Shannon home, but I wouldn't have picked her in the first place.

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I watched Wednesday's episode yesterday so I was ready to see the elimination last night, but if everyone hasn't seen it, I won't give it away, but these were my choices.

Top: Jessica, Skylar, Hollie and Phillip
Bottom: Kolton, Jeremy, Elise and Shannon

I have not liked Deandre in the past, he just overuses his falsetto, but this week's performance was good.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I may be biased, but I was very disappointed in the results. Shannon and Elise had terrible performances, not to mention Elise had a bad attitude with the judges, Ryan, and the mentors. There's no way they should have kept her.

Also, I looked at the numbers, and I'm not convinced Jermaine actually had more votes than Jeremy (neither of them had their best performance regardless). Jeremy had thousands more Twitter followers, Facebook fans, and iTunes downloads/ratings. Jermaine had no iTunes ratings at all (where everyone else had at least 10) at the time I checked (a few hours before the results show aired). If people didn't like Jermaine's performance enough to purchase it and review it on iTunes, then they didn't like it enough to vote.

I also don't believe Joshua should have been in the bottom three guys. Deandre should have been there instead. And Steven Tyler's comment during the bottom 4 was completely uncalled for -- he praised Jeremy's performance on Wednesday, and all of the judges criticized Shannon and Elise's performances on Wednesday. Why insult Jeremy now, but not those two (who actually performed worse)? I'm disappointed in the drama this show is trying to create this season.

--

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Assuming the votes weren't tampered with (which I'm still not entirely convinced of), there are two reasons Shannon is still there:

1.) The judges wanted it even: 6 guys and 6 girls. They were going to eliminate a guy no matter who was in the bottom two. That's why instead of eliminating the person with the lowest votes, they gave the judges the "choice" between the lowest girl and lowest guy (i.e. a guy was doomed from the start, even if two girls ACTUALLY got the lowest votes. Making it guys vs. girls made the voting irrelevant in a sense).

2.) Her dad used to be a pro baseball player, and he has a lot of influence, especially here in the Tampa area where I'm from. So much that he got the Rays baseball team to endorse her. She had tons of votes coming in from that alone. So while she was still in the bottom 3 girls, that support alone was enough to keep her safe from the bottom two overall.

--

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think Elise needs to be less down and out because my like for her is dwindling. At times she looks so kicked to the curb,attitude..it's everything so either she is sorry she's doing the competition and it is too much for her or...she knows something we don't.

I don't think Jeremy should have been the one to go

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Elise needs to be less down and out because my like for her is dwindling. At times she looks so kicked to the curb,attitude..it's everything so either she is sorry she's doing the competition and it is too much for her or...she knows something we don't.

I don't think Jeremy should have been the one to go

To me Elise seemed like she was just mad that she didn't get her way, and she seemed a little tired of being there. From the moment she started singing, you could tell she wasn't at all into it. She also wasn't willing to take criticism from Jimmy and Mary, or the judges. She just clammed up, gave a nasty look, and almost rolled her eyes a little. I don't think that's the kind of attitude people should have if they're supposed to be a role model.

I've supported Jeremy from the beginning, and I'll admit his performance this week wasn't his best, but it was far better than Shannon and Elise, along with a few others. There's no way he should have gone home. Nerves got the best of him on Wednesday. But I listened to the recordings on iTunes, and his was definitely in the top three best ones. It honestly sounded very professional, and his vocals were incredible. Shannon and Elise sounded karaoke on the recordings.

--

Upvote 0

Journey_On

Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2007
✟50,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm enjoying Season 11 so far. This year is the first year I've been following AI since the very beginning.

I just read this article about Colton. Very encouraging that he is so bold about his faith.

I have noticed there are some contestants who are vocal about their faith on social media, and I am really encouraged by that. I hope they keep it up! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am really upset that Jermaine got the boot. I understand why, but I felt he was one of the best. :sigh:

I honestly think they planned it for weeks. Why would a show that makes hundreds of millions of dollars not spend $49 to get a background check on a contestant to ensure that they were clear? It doesn't make sense.

The producers want more girls to progress, as they have been plagued by unsuccessful male winners the past several seasons. This is why they instituted the rule for last week only, where they could "choose" who to eliminate rather than sending the person with the lowest votes home, so they could send a guy home no matter what. This week they got to eliminate another guy because of his dishonesty about his criminal record, and his active arrest warrants.

They really want the girls to dominate this season, and I'm thinking they'll probably push for Jessica or possibly Hollie to win.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the girl talent is much stronger than the boys talent this year. Hollie, Jessica and Erica (in that order (for me)) are the best of the season.

Hollie's performance last night sounded very professional, with the exception of her final note. I like Erika, but for some reason she doesn't have a very large fan base, as she's consistently ranking among the contestants with the lowest votes.

Jessica is a good singer, but i think the show tries really hard to enhance her voice in some of her performances, using reverb and other digital enhancements, where the other contestants typically don't get any of that. I also don't like that she seems to be kind of spoiled and prissy.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the girl talent is much stronger than the boys talent this year. Hollie, Jessica and Erica (in that order (for me)) are the best of the season.

I totally agree. And last night's bottom three was so wrong. The worst of the week was, by far, with no doubt in my mind, Heejun. And he did not even end up in the bottom three.

Once again, this year, the problem with who gets kicked off has nothing to do with talent. The fault lies in the was American Idol votes. They are more interested in how many millions of votes come it, rather than determine who has the most talent.

They need to change the voting to the way that Dancing With The Stars does it-and that is to limit the number of votes from one phone number to the number of contestants. And the same goes for voting on the website.

Doing this would eliminate many, many votes for a guy, or gal, simply because they are "cute" or "good looking", and move it to voting for real talent.

With the current voting system, look for one of the good looking boy "rockers" to win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always thought that the voting by the public should be based on song sales. Put the song of each contestant on line, available for download (the way most music is sold now). They can start out charging only like a $.10 or $.25 a download, and work it up to like $.99 once they hit the final 10. This would far more accurately reflect how well the individuals would do as professionals. Like in the real business, record sales are everything. IMHO, this makes it less of a personality/looks popularity contest and more of a contest that reflects the real music industry.

Just a thought...

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree. And last night's bottom three was so wrong. The worst of the week was, by far, with no doubt in my mind, Heejun. And he did not even end up in the bottom three.

Once again, this year, the problem with who gets kicked off has nothing to do with talent. The fault lies in the was American Idol votes. They are more interested in how many millions of votes come it, rather than determine who has the most talent.

They need to change the voting to the way that Dancing With The Stars does it-and that is to limit the number of votes from one phone number to the number of contestants. And the same goes for voting on the website.

Doing this would eliminate many, many votes for a guy, or gal, simply because they are "cute" or "good looking", and move it to voting for real talent.

With the current voting system, look for one of the good looking boy "rockers" to win.

That's what I'm beginning to dislike about this show. I've followed it for several years, but this may be my last year watching if they don't change some things. The reason they allow unlimited votes is simple: money. They make money off of each vote they get. I read somewhere that AT&T makes something like 6 cents per vote (probably largely from being the sole network Idol allows text message votes from). That's well over $1million per show, possibly even more. I'm sure they share that profit with Idol, in exchange for being contracted as the only method for voting via text message.

--

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Elise in no way deserved to be in the bottom three!! Her performance was stellar. My top three were Jeremy, Elise, and Skylar. Bottom three: Shannon, Heejune, and Ericka. I totally agreed with who was (finally) sent home......

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Elise is getting a raw deal...it may be based :( on her pouty ways. I think she was one of the best this week. With S. going home I really think the 'voters' are made up of tween girls...

Ugh Erika ruined that Bryan Adams song. I muted her...

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Elise is getting a raw deal...it may be based :( on her pouty ways. I think she was one of the best this week. With S. going home I really think the 'voters' are made up of tween girls...

Ugh Erika ruined that Bryan Adams song. I muted her...

Finally! Someone agrees with me! You have it right on--tween girls voting for good looking guys. Nothing to do with talent.

Last year, the very best singer got knocked off early. Even Randy commented "No way". The best talent will not ever come out until they change the way the votes are counted. But don't look for that to happen.

Upvote 0