Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Who will leave the show tonight? Based on previous votings, I predict Holly. She was way down from last week; but, from what I saw, and based on previous singing, again, I think that Heejun should go-personally, I do not see how he ever made the top ten.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have not been a big Colton fan, but I definitely think this was HIS week.
TOP THREE: Colton, Elise, and Philip
BOTTOM THREE: Hollie, Heejun, and - yeah, only two on the bottom. If I had to pick three - Erika or Joshua could join them? But they were pretty good, actually.
I think Hollie or Heejun should def. go home. If it's anyone else, it's just wrong.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I missed the results show, but I just caught it on Youtube, and I'm really tired of the wrong people going home. The producers have made it clear who they want to progress; the past three who have gone home (Jeremy, Shannon, and Erika) haven't gotten as much airtime as the rest of the contestants, so they'd never stick in people's minds. The favorites are Phillip, Jessica, and Colton; Heejun is also a favorite, but only for comedic value. It's looking like they want the final two to end up being Phillip and Jessica, considering how much they've promoted those two.

I think next week Deandre will go home. Elise and Heejun will follow, with Josh and Skylar going later.

--

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sigh. Again, Heejun survived. How in the world he is still there is amazing to me. At this point, with the unfair voting that American Idol has, look for Colton to win it all. The tweens love him, and will vote, vote, vote, vote. Again, like I and others have posted in the tread feel that the gal talent this year is better than the guy; yet every week, it is a gal that goes home.

As far as the bottom three this week, based on what I saw. I would agree with two of the three; but the one that got sent home, Erika, did not deserve to be in the bottom 3. This week, although I think she is one of the best, Holly should have been there, with Heejun being sent home.

By the way, and this is personal, I think that Erika made a big mistake cutting her hair. I think that her new look may well have contributed to her demise.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sigh. Again, Heejun survived. How in the world he is still there is amazing to me. At this point, with the unfair voting that American Idol has, look for Colton to win it all. The tweens love him, and will vote, vote, vote, vote. Again, like I and others have posted in the tread feel that the gal talent this year is better than the guy; yet every week, it is a gal that goes home.

As far as the bottom three this week, based on what I saw. I would agree with two of the three; but the one that got sent home, Erika, did not deserve to be in the bottom 3. This week, although I think she is one of the best, Holly should have been there, with Heejun being sent home.

By the way, and this is personal, I think that Erika made a big mistake cutting her hair. I think that her new look may well have contributed to her demise.

I think Phillip or Jessica will probably win. Not that I want either of them to, but that's probably how it will be. The producers kinda seem to be getting ticked off at Colton's expression of his faith, and that also may bias some voters. While the tweens may still like him, the housewives and soccer moms are crazy about Phillip, as are the Idol judges. Heejun is only still there because he makes the show interesting and makes people laugh.

I also agree that Erika shouldn't have changed her hair so much. Tommy Hilfiger did her a major disservice by suggesting that to her. Ironically, I think she's the only one who even took his advice; it seemed like the rest of the contestants did the opposite of what he suggested fashion wise.

--

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
LOL, I am not a housewife or a soccer mom, but I recognize Philip's talent. I think it's possible that the producers are pushing Philip and Jessica because if they don't push people with actual marketable talent, then someone like Shannon or Heejun will win, porque la gente son como las ovejas.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not just yet, but I am almost ready to give up on the show. The best talent has not won since the tweens took over the voting, and when Carrie Underwood (and btw, am not a new country music fan) won. She was, indeed the best. But since that year, it has become not about talent, but about looks, sex appeal, and "cuteness".

I regress to the voting that "Dancing With The Stars" uses, which limits the votes from any one phone number. You may not agree with who actually wins, but the top 3 are almost always the best of the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, Heejun is gone. I can't say I am sorry; but I must admit that he had his best ever this week.

But again, the bottom 3 goes to show what was said by one person on the show this week -the young teens control the voting. The winner will be a good looking guy, regardless of the talent. For my money, the best talent is Elise. But she will never defeat the tween voting.

Wake up American Idol, and change the voting! The best reality voting is done on Dancing With The Stars, where you cannot vote more times than the # of contestants.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This was the first week that Elise did anything worth listening to. She needs to stick to this genre. If she does, then I can say she's in it to win it. The previous weeks she was weak and deserved to be in the bottom 3.

I was kind of disappointed in Hollie. IMO, she is the best of the year. But she is young and could return when she is in better control of her voice.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This was the first week that Elise did anything worth listening to. She needs to stick to this genre. If she does, then I can say she's in it to win it. The previous weeks she was weak and deserved to be in the bottom 3.

I was kind of disappointed in Hollie. IMO, she is the best of the year. But she is young and could return when she is in better control of her voice.

I also like Holly, and I agree with you that her age is against her.

As far as Elise, I agree, believe it or not. She did deserve to be in the bottom 3 in those weeks; but she is getting stronger every week-but her talent even then showed.

But I still say, with the current voting, either Colton or Deandre will win it all, because of looks, and not talent. Coulton is vey good, and may well, in the end deserve to win. That remains to be seen; but looks, and not talent guides the tween voting, and they rule the show.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have not watched the results show yet - I just this moment am finishing the competition show - here's what I think

Top 3 - Joshua, Skylar, and Colton
Bottom 3 (sadly) - Elise (my fave!), Hollie, and Jessica

I want Hollie out, but I think this is what will happen - America will vote out Elise, and the judges will use the save for her.

Questions:
What was up with Philip? It seemed to me like something was off with him. Pain maybe?
Does anyone on this thread see a star in Hollie?

oh, and notes on the duets -
Hollie's duet with DeAndre was for me the best thing she's done so far.
It's possible that Elise redeemed herself with the duet she and Philip did. LOVED IT!
Also loved Joshua and Jessica's duet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I just finished watching all the videos from Wednesday night (for some reason my DVR only recorded half). This is how things fell out for me.

Duets:
Jessica and Joshua were the best.
Skylar and Kolton
Elise and Phillip
Holly and DeAndre. They just were not excited till the very end of the song.

Singles:
Kolton
Skylar
Joshua
Jessica

I think that Hollie's voice has the best sound. Jessica is a great singer, but her voice has a tinny sound that is not my favorite. I hope that Hollie can pull it together in the coming weeks and go back to who she was in the beginning. For the guys, I think Kolton is coming on strong, and he will outlast Joshua.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hollie is very young. She can will it all, but not this year. She take two or three years, get some voice training, and come back.

I do agree with this week's "go home" person. I know that Lopez loved him, but I never saw anything special.

Of the remaing, my favorite is Elise. But I think the tweens will vote Coulton in. Not that I don't like him, he is very good. I will say it again--AI needs to CHANGE the way that the public votes are counted.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hollie is very young. She can will it all, but not this year. She take two or three years, get some voice training, and come back.

I do agree with this week's "go home" person. I know that Lopez loved him, but I never saw anything special.

Of the remaing, my favorite is Elise. But I think the tweens will vote Coulton in. Not that I don't like him, he is very good. I will say it again--AI needs to CHANGE the way that the public votes are counted.

I would be okay with Colton winning, not because of his appearance (which I couldn't care less about), but because he is talented and he is a good role model for kids and teens.

I don't have much of a preference anymore, because my favorite was already eliminated, but based on judges' feedback and fanbase, I think Phillip will win it. It will most likely come down to him and Jessica.

--

Upvote 0