Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have to say it is really sad that the judges would be so fixated on one contestant. They have never tried to do anything to promote any other member in the history of the show, but this Jessica stuff is over the top. I really lost a lot of respect for the judges this year.

Upvote 0

austinm08

Jul 25, 2005
Wichita, KS
Visit site
✟8,769.00
Faith
Methodist
I'm enjoying Season 11 so far. This year is the first year I've been following AI since the very beginning.

I just read this article about Colton. Very encouraging that he is so bold about his faith.

I have noticed there are some contestants who are vocal about their faith on social media, and I am really encouraged by that. I hope they keep it up! :thumbsup:

I just did a cover of his song if you're interested :)

You Are (cover of Colton Dixon) - Austin Marti

Upvote 0

Journey_On

Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2007
✟50,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I just did a cover of his song if you're interested :)

Nice job, Austin! Thanks for sharing. :)

I should mention that I got to see Colton at a local mini-concert/album release party! He sang some songs from his new album, A Messenger. I recommend checking it out! I got to meet him (briefly) afterwards, and he signed my book. :)

Anyone watching American Idol this season? I'm not keeping up with it as much as last year, but I'd like to watch it more once we get to the live shows.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am watching it this year, but the new judge mix is producing some interesting results. For the girls, at least (since tonight's show for the boys was interrupted), they sent all the interesting voices home and kept all the cookie-cutter sounding girls. I'm pretty disappointed.

Upvote 0