up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why are you having such a hard time comprehending that people in high palaces want as much power and control over society as possible?
This be true in many cases because they often believe that their wits that got them to that high place makes them worthy to be seen as authorities. However there is still dissention within the ranks when for instance an elite like Musk lashes out against absolute control and the power hungry forget for the moment the masses that they wish to control and instead lash out against such rebellious behaviour by one of their own to their cause. The masses they fear as an enemy of their position can also be found amongst their own and that really unsettles them. So yes, control is key.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, it's actually this topic. You are seemingly complaining about this now. But you haven't over the last 2 or 3 years. Because nobody told you about it. Why not? Because nobody was interested. It's the same group. Same people give or take. They talk about the same things. Nobody thought to complain about it before. And still nobody involved has. Yet you are now bringing this up as a big thing. Why is that?
Here, by the way, is the latest: Boston Mayor Proudly Defends Decision to Exclude White Colleagues From Christmas Party I thought some of the responders answered your question very well, but it appears we are on two different trains of thought. I've complained about racism, the exclusion by race of students at universities, and the CRT and the like pushed by Democrats from pretty much the first time I heard about it. Just because the news media does not pick up on it for years does not mean it is not newsworthy. As to the major media side, they have a narrative, and the narrative is to very much exclude liberal or the policies or systems of Democrats or those who they are aligned with from criticism. It is very apparent on recent coverage of racism or the border. On the border the media was forced to cover immigration problems after the busing, when Democrat leaders complained. There are plenty of people INTERESTED in a story but that does not mean the media will cover it. Any instance of discrimination is important, and important for people to hear about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here, by the way, is the latest: Boston Mayor Proudly Defends Decision to Exclude White Colleagues From Christmas Party I thought some of the responders answered your question very well, but it appears we are on two different trains of thought. I've complained about racism, the exclusion by race of students at universities, and the CRT and the like pushed by Democrats from pretty much the first time I heard about it. Just because the news media does not pick up on it for years does not mean it is not newsworthy. As to the major media side, they have a narrative, and the narrative is to very much exclude liberal or the policies or systems of Democrats or those who they are aligned with from criticism. It is very apparent on recent coverage of racism or the border. On the border the media was forced to cover it after the busing, when Democrat leaders complained. There are plenty of people INTERESTED in a story but that does not mean the media will cover it. Any kind of discrimination is important, and important for people to hear about it.
It's like you never read any of your own thread...

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
In our blood? Ah, no. Not even close. This really came to light when ours were in Middle School and faced the dreaded "What is your culture?" essay. This was in conjunction with genealogy, and I think the point was to help children to connect to their roots. The problem the first time we ran into this is that we didn't even know how long we'd been in the US. Some of my wife's ancestors were already here, and there's a possibility that some of mine were as well. Our surnames didn't matter one whit, as what ancestors we knew of hailed from all sorts of places. The only culture we had was the one we grew up in, rural farming, and even that was radically different from my great-grandfathers day.

It turned out that all of our ancestors had been in what's now the US before there even was a US. Whatever culture they brought with them was long since forgotten. The culture we have now is an amalgam from different influences, including changes in technology and industry. Even the order of worship is different than it was in the 19th or even early 20th centuries. Culture changes, perhaps more rapidly than we realize.
True, culture can change rapidly, however being ignorant of your roots does not mean that they do not exist in the food you grew up eating, the way you celebrate holidays, or even what music you like. I believe Americans may have a blended culture in some instances but their culture is rooted somewhere other than he unless they are a member of one of the indigenous nations. I have a mixed heritage but know that my ancestors came from Ireland, Sweden, and Africa. In America, most of our cultural identity is influenced by Great Britain from the traditions of Sunday roast to Christmas trees (Which actually a German tradition that was adopted by Brits). So we may not all know exactly what our ancestor's ethnicities are but we all have a way that we were raised that reflects on the places our parent's ancestors came from.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You misunderstood I think. Not to see color or the slanting of eyes. I judge people by their actions. If they are lazy, mean, or racist, I'll have my prejudice against them no matter what color they are.
Good attitude to take, I wish more people judged others that way. Still we have stereotypes that exist in the US and people who either subscribe to them or decide in their minds that they will not influence their decisions. Sadly more people do allow stereotypes to influence their decision than don't. I congratulate you for NOT allowing stereotypes to influence your decisions. With that attitude, I can see why you may have a blind spot to others who do allow stereotypes to influence them. Unfortunately, I believe that we are in the minority. One thing to consider is the racism in the US that has been awakened by the Trump administration. He works a philosophy of "us versus them" and it has awakened many dormant racist ideals in the mainstream. This makes it harder to eliminate as people vote based on racism/sexism and classist ideals.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Why are you having such a hard time comprehending that people in high palaces want as much power and control over society as possible?
But what specifically are they going to do in your opinion with that power and control? The way I see it these people are already in power because we already voted them in. So why all the conspiracies?

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, culture can change rapidly, however being ignorant of your roots does not mean that they do not exist in the food you grew up eating, the way you celebrate holidays, or even what music you like. I believe Americans may have a blended culture in some instances but their culture is rooted somewhere other than he unless they are a member of one of the indigenous nations. I have a mixed heritage but know that my ancestors came from Ireland, Sweden, and Africa. In America, most of our cultural identity is influenced by Great Britain from the traditions of Sunday roast to Christmas trees (Which actually a German tradition that was adopted by Brits). So we may not all know exactly what our ancestor's ethnicities are but we all have a way that we were raised that reflects on the places our parent's ancestors came from.
I grew up eating corn, which only hypothetical American Indian ancestors would have known. My ancestors from elsewhere might have known of maize, but likely never tasted it until they came to the Americas. Likely as not, most of my ancestors couldn't have afforded a roast every week. Sunday dinner varied for my generation, as did my ancestors, and was only a special event when the preacher came to dine. My first ancestors in the Americas didn't put up Christmas trees, and my ancestors wouldn't until sometime in the 19th Century, if then. I don't try my hand shooting mistletoe out of trees, but that was a Christmas pastime for some of my ancestors.

That's just a few. There have been so many cultural changes, so many dictated by necessity, so much foreign to generations past. I'm seeing changes now in family culture and I'm only in my sixties. Somehow I doubt my ancestors in Europe celebrated Christmas with a bowl of chili. That's assuming all of them kept the day at all and didn't cast a dim view on the proceedings. There's a possibility of that, too.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But what specifically are they going to do in your opinion with that power and control? The way I see it these people are already in power because we already voted them in. So why all the conspiracies?
The goal is total domination. To take over the world or as much of it as possible. You can find examples of that throughout history.

It's funny I was watching parts of the movie Batman Returns today, and this quote stood out:

Maximillian 'Max' Shreck: Power surplus? Bruce, shame on you. No such thing. One can never have too much power. If my life has a meaning, that's the meaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0