Can somebody please pass the incense?
May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but if I were to apply the reasoning behind this article, I would need to live in a cave I discovered myself, in a region that nobody had yet inhabited. Sound weird?

The essence of this article is that something (in this case, a vaccine) must be avoided if it (a) involved some immorality in its past, somewhere or (b) in any way was created by people who are, were, or whose forebears were pagan/atheist/whatever. He's narrowing down on COVID vaccines because they're a hot and controversial topic right now, but his reasoning could be applied to anything.

Have you seen the list of common medicines that have been tested using cells cultured from these same lines? Better clear out your entire medicine cabinet.

Lifesaving organ transplants use techniques developed through experimentation on cadavers, which some well-meaning Christians still believe to be "of the demons." Like the source of the stem cell lines, some cadavers used in research are unidentified victims of murder.

An awful lot of technology used at every level of our lives has origins in military research and development done long ago to develop weapons. Weapons kill.

Whatever plot of ground you currently live on was likely once owned by someone else, before it was forcibly taken from them by some other government, tribe, or whatever.

The surgeon who brought my father back from the brink of death 13 years ago, performing a risky heart bypass operation on his still-beating heart, was also a Yoga instructor. Yoga has its roots in pagan religion.

How far do we take this? Say no to the surgeon because his weekend activities are inspired by the demons?

Am I to reject medication that is potentially life-saving (whether this vaccine or anything else?) because a demon is said to have told a monk that he did a satanic ritual somewhere? Do we believe the chemists at Pfizer are sacrificing goats in the lab and drawing pentagrams on the floor while they develop their products? Doesn't something in all this sound absurd?

Isaac Newton was involved in alchemy? I won't take the time to look that up, but if he was...so what? Do we reject our understanding of gravity and quit flying in airplanes? Is a mathematical discovery negated because it was first published by an atheist? Or a Muslim? Or a Yogi?

The data I've heard anecdotally from nurses, doctors, and other medical staff I know personally all conforms to what's continually published about these vaccines. Those who are admitted to hospitals, require intense treatments, and especially who die or suffer long-term results of COVID, are not vaccinated. These vaccines have a profound effect on reducing the rate of hospitalization and mortality. They don't contain tracking devices. I have had three shots and no demons have appeared to me in my dreams. I haven't begun levitating although that would be kinda fun.

I guess ultimately it seems to me that if being faithful Christians requires us to reject any modern development that has ever been tied to anything the Church Fathers would not have approved of, then we'd better move into a cave somewhere that has never been forcibly taken from anyone else.

(BTW, the computer this priest used to write his article, and the Internet used to share it, all surely involved someone who wasn't a faithful Christian.)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What stunned me in the article was how none of the bishops in the synod said anything about the use of fetal tissues in this vaccine and past one. And you can include medicines. Since the Church, our faith, the Church Fathers, and Saints consider abortion murder, why did none of our bishops decades ago up to now tell their flock that it is wrong to take whatever medications and vaccines that have used aborted fetuses or fetal tissue in them? It's extremely disturbing to me because I find it hard to believe none of our bishops, past and present, didn't know this at all. There are plenty of Orthodox doctors that could have and most likely did, told their spiritual fathers and maybe even their bishops. In any case, that is very appalling and upsetting to me. Other than the aborted fetal issue, we already have several holy elders telling us taking this vaccine is in preparation of receiving the mark of the antichrist by lessening the ability for people to spiritually discern important things coming.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but if I were to apply the reasoning behind this article, I would need to live in a cave I discovered myself, in a region that nobody had yet inhabited. Sound weird?

The essence of this article is that something (in this case, a vaccine) must be avoided if it (a) involved some immorality in its past, somewhere or (b) in any way was created by people who are, were, or whose forebears were pagan/atheist/whatever. He's narrowing down on COVID vaccines because they're a hot and controversial topic right now, but his reasoning could be applied to anything.

Have you seen the list of common medicines that have been tested using cells cultured from these same lines? Better clear out your entire medicine cabinet.

Lifesaving organ transplants use techniques developed through experimentation on cadavers, which some well-meaning Christians still believe to be "of the demons." Like the source of the stem cell lines, some cadavers used in research are unidentified victims of murder.

An awful lot of technology used at every level of our lives has origins in military research and development done long ago to develop weapons. Weapons kill.

Whatever plot of ground you currently live on was likely once owned by someone else, before it was forcibly taken from them by some other government, tribe, or whatever.

The surgeon who brought my father back from the brink of death 13 years ago, performing a risky heart bypass operation on his still-beating heart, was also a Yoga instructor. Yoga has its roots in pagan religion.

How far do we take this? Say no to the surgeon because his weekend activities are inspired by the demons?

Am I to reject medication that is potentially life-saving (whether this vaccine or anything else?) because a demon is said to have told a monk that he did a satanic ritual somewhere? Do we believe the chemists at Pfizer are sacrificing goats in the lab and drawing pentagrams on the floor while they develop their products? Doesn't something in all this sound absurd?
When you think of it from a worldly POV, yes, it sounds absurd. Spiritually, not particularly. We've become so lax, weak, and immersed in the world, we've disconnected from what all of this really is. This is what I've discovered over the last nearly two years, and day by day, I realize it more and more.

Isaac Newton was involved in alchemy? I won't take the time to look that up, but if he was...so what? Do we reject our understanding of gravity and quit flying in airplanes? Is a mathematical discovery negated because it was first published by an atheist? Or a Muslim? Or a Yogi?
Since we're not sure what all that means about chemistry and it doesn't go into anymore detail, I don't think we can say either way.

The data I've heard anecdotally from nurses, doctors, and other medical staff I know personally all conforms to what's continually published about these vaccines. Those who are admitted to hospitals, require intense treatments, and especially who die or suffer long-term results of COVID, are not vaccinated. These vaccines have a profound effect on reducing the rate of hospitalization and mortality. They don't contain tracking devices. I have had three shots and no demons have appeared to me in my dreams. I haven't begun levitating although that would be kinda fun.
Demons aren't seen by the unholy. Those closest to God see them and struggle against them. Hence, the hiermonk experienced it. We who aren't as spiritually advanced aren't going to notice this, which is unfortunate, because we can't know we are being manipulated. But the holy elders say if you've taken the first two, don't take the booster or any other of these shots, repent, do confession, and you will regain your spiritual health.

I guess ultimately it seems to me that if being faithful Christians requires us to reject any modern development that has ever been tied to anything the Church Fathers would not have approved of, then we'd better move into a cave somewhere that has never been forcibly taken from anyone else.
I don't recall reading in the article that EVERY modern development is evil or demonic. We must test the spirits and the ethics behind each technical or medical advancement to see if it's okay to use or receive. Common spiritual sense, really.

(BTW, the computer this priest used to write his article, and the Internet used to share it, all surely involved someone who wasn't a faithful Christian.)
The editor isn't a priest. I don't recall reading that on the right side of the page that says the bio of the editor. And the Internet can be used for good or bad, just like eggs, trees, or most anything else.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I have realized I should reject certain medications that are life-saving if it is dangerous or was done through a sinful act. Difficult to do in our comfortable, afraid to die lives. Your description of chemists at Pfizer labs etc. is hyperbole and does sound absurd. None of these people think they're doing anything wrong. They think they're making advances to help people, but there are also many that are doing it for the money. That is all.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Christ told us we would take up a cross if we are His. This article illustrated what that means for us in our times. Seems too extreme to be realistic? So did Christ (seem too extreme) and His contemporaries knew He was the Truth and killed Him, and soon we will be killed also, because we are not going to take these demon inspired vaccines.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. I've been wanting to study some Father's and canons to find any that can be found to address our current concerns. This is a good place to start.
You're welcome!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I share these articles and the elders' warnings via videos at times to help inform my beloved brothers and sisters. Because I love them and want them to be aware of what's going on. I hope my motives are clear. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I share these articles and the elders' warnings via videos at times to help inform my beloved brothers and sisters. Because I love them and want them to be aware of what's going on. I hope my motives are clear. Thanks.
It's hard to find other Orthodox brothers or sisters who have sight, though There are a few near us that we continue to have fellowship with, and we help one another with support and encouragement in faith and love. Lord have mercy on us.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Ignatius21

Can somebody please pass the incense?
May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'll be honest, I'm exhausted from the endless arguments surrounding COVID and all that goes with it. I was exhausted of the anti-vaccine arguments LONG before COVID, when I encountered folks who still sent their kids to "chicken pox parties" because they were convinced that vaccines were dangerous, immoral, demon-inspired, or contained tracking devices so the gov't could follow their whereabouts. I long since tired of claims that this, that or the other thing are either the mark of the beast, or the sign of the antichrist, or the the preparation of the mark of the antichrist, or whatever combination of words or phrases were used. I've found all anti-vaccine arguments, whether "scientific" or spiritual, to ultimately fail and these are no different. The use of cells derived from aborted fetuses has been explained in lengthy detail for decades. Nobody is shooting dead babies into their bodies. As I said earlier, if any product must be rejected if something immoral is part of its history somewhere, then we'd better find caves to live in that were never forcibly taken from previous inhabitants. Mars is looking like our best option.

I respect all my brothers and sisters, and I'm responsible for my own decisions. But I'm not taking the word of Internet writers, nor anecdotal stories of demons speaking through exorcisms, nor legions of uninformed folks broadly who have absolutely no understanding of how vaccines actually function, over the scientific advice of scientists or the spiritual guidance of my own bishop. Among the Internet Orthodox, this vaccine issue seems to be developing into another of those "we small few, misunderstood or even persecuted by the many, alone have the true understanding and hold to the true faith in times of persecution, while so many of the Orthodox bishops fall away into delusion, etc." There is no shortage within Orthodoxy of little clumps of people who've separated themselves from communion with the larger Church over whatever issue they believed warranted it, and today are essentially little cults who know better than their hierarchy. I would just caution everyone here to be careful they aren't elevating themselves too far.

And if you believe that dying on a ventilator from COVID-induced pneumonia constitutes some kind of martyrdom for the faith, have at it. I don't mean that to be rude or snarky. I just pray that more people, Orthodox or otherwise, get off their Internet forums and get vaccinated so they can reduce the number of people in our over-saturated hospitals right now. Viewed in its totality, vaccination is the ethical and Christian thing to do in our imperfect world. God bless.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hard to find other Orthodox brothers or sisters who have sight, though There are a few near us that we continue to have fellowship with, and we help one another with support and encouragement in faith and love. Lord have mercy on us.
True. It's good you have that fellowship. There are a few at my parish I'm able to fellowship with as well who also understand what's going on, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll be honest, I'm exhausted from the endless arguments surrounding COVID and all that goes with it. I was exhausted of the anti-vaccine arguments LONG before COVID, when I encountered folks who still sent their kids to "chicken pox parties" because they were convinced that vaccines were dangerous, immoral, demon-inspired, or contained tracking devices so the gov't could follow their whereabouts. I long since tired of claims that this, that or the other thing are either the mark of the beast, or the sign of the antichrist, or the the preparation of the mark of the antichrist, or whatever combination of words or phrases were used. I've found all anti-vaccine arguments, whether "scientific" or spiritual, to ultimately fail and these are no different. The use of cells derived from aborted fetuses has been explained in lengthy detail for decades. Nobody is shooting dead babies into their bodies. As I said earlier, if any product must be rejected if something immoral is part of its history somewhere, then we'd better find caves to live in that were never forcibly taken from previous inhabitants. Mars is looking like our best option.

I respect all my brothers and sisters, and I'm responsible for my own decisions. But I'm not taking the word of Internet writers, nor anecdotal stories of demons speaking through exorcisms, nor legions of uninformed folks broadly who have absolutely no understanding of how vaccines actually function, over the scientific advice of scientists or the spiritual guidance of my own bishop. Among the Internet Orthodox, this vaccine issue seems to be developing into another of those "we small few, misunderstood or even persecuted by the many, alone have the true understanding and hold to the true faith in times of persecution, while so many of the Orthodox bishops fall away into delusion, etc." There is no shortage within Orthodoxy of little clumps of people who've separated themselves from communion with the larger Church over whatever issue they believed warranted it, and today are essentially little cults who know better than their hierarchy. I would just caution everyone here to be careful they aren't elevating themselves too far.

And if you believe that dying on a ventilator from COVID-induced pneumonia constitutes some kind of martyrdom for the faith, have at it. I don't mean that to be rude or snarky. I just pray that more people, Orthodox or otherwise, get off their Internet forums and get vaccinated so they can reduce the number of people in our over-saturated hospitals right now. Viewed in its totality, vaccination is the ethical and Christian thing to do in our imperfect world. God bless.
I understand that you have that perspective, and many do. I don't believe anyone here is trying to elevate themselves because of their heeding the holy elders and Saints and have become aware because of their homilies and letters.

For me personally, regarding vaccines. You said you're tired of anti-vax sentiments. And they seem to mostly regard aborted fetuses or fetal tissue. This has not been my experiences over the past thirty years. I've never questioned vaccines of any kind until the last maybe 5 or so years. I will say in all the years the flu shot has been around I never got it. Not because of some concern of what was in them, but because I didn't know and never researched any of it. It was because I had the flu many times as a kid and didn't think I needed a shot for something I dealt with fairly well. To me, vaccines that are worth taking are the ones that are for deadly diseases, not viruses that are comparable to a cold or flu. For instance, I certainly understand having shots for pneumonia and meningitis. Those are extremely dangerous illnesses, especially for the elderly and for children. This is why when the meningitis vaccines came about and were required for my sons, I was okay with them getting them. I didn't want them to have the chicken pox vaccine because I don't think it's serious or deadly enough to need a shot for it and find it's safer for my kids to contract chicken pox naturally and have immunity as I did growing up. And neither I nor my kids had "chicken pox parties". It just happened naturally for me at one years old. I also got the mumps when I was one years old too.

For me, until around 2013, I blindly followed whatever the state news media (MSM) said on anything, especially foreign policy, intel, etc. But I woke up from that in 2013. I had the same blind, gullible belief of the public health and other agencies, such as the EPA. Never questioned anything. Believed they all told the public the truth on a regular basis. Yes, I was very naive throughout my early years up into my 40s.

But thanks to informed consent patient advocates regarding vaccines, such as the HighWire, I started learning about what was the problem with some vaccines, which had nothing to do with aborted fetuses. Just the dangers of the adverse effects from other ingredients in them. I learned to start to researching everything and question everything. I think I was more able to be open to that because of the previous awakening in 2013 and becoming skeptical of anything reported about global issues within the foreign policy area and surveillance issues. I'm thankful that God woke me then on that and many things to be more aware now.

I never paid attention to vaccines, people who were anti-vaccine. Didn't ask why. Didn't care. But I now see why these families did so because of their personal experiences with their children dying or permanently injured from them. I felt for them and still do. Of course they're going to feel like that. Anybody would.

But these covid injections are 10x worse with regard to adverse reactions and death. It's astronomically over the 50+ allowed threshold of death in vaccine trials. They already passed than after the first 3 months of administering the shots in the trials and public. They should have been pulled back in March 2021. This is what is so upsetting to me from just a health perspective. And all the non sensible and insane things going on tells me this has never been about our health. In fact, we know what it's about when leaders of the World Economic Forum blatantly tell us. In any case, my prayer is these shots will be pulled before more adults and children, especially die unnecessarily. I pray often that God will take these away and the truth will finally take hold, and all of this insanity will stop.

Lord, have mercy on us all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

So we've been told. Accepting Monothelitism, according to the majority and to those making the decisions, would've been the ethical and Christian thing for Maximus the Confessor to do as well. He refused. Things aren't what they appear to be to the majority of people. We already established in another current discussion that the only purpose of this life is to prepare for the Kingdom of God. How prepared are those who ignore what God's word, Spirit, and Holy Tradition speaks about abortion? Martyrs also die from sickness, because they chose not to abandon, by rather chose to sit beside the sick and dying, comforting them with prayers and fellowship. So to die from disease for the sake of God's unborn children (i.e for the sake of the world) is no small feat of martyrdom. Medicine will not make life better, if that medicine promotes the murder of children. I therefore reject it, and God knows why. He knows our hearts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's the newest video from one of our holy elders regarding this issue that just came out yesterday, I believe. My son and I watched it last night. It's good to listen to what he says. It's not extreme or ridiculous or what have you. But sound, loving, and said with conviction and humility.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Well, if we were merely talking about any product needing to be rejected if something immoral is part of its history somewhere, then you might have a point. But abortion is happening right now, and fresh fetal tissues are being harvested from the aborted right now. This is not a thing that happened long ago that nobody can reject. It is a thing that continues unhindered. God bless anyone who has enough faith in Him to speak and to live the truth at any cost.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was just excited to read the article to ponder something spiritually uplifting, then…..sigh….another vaccine article, more harlot of Babylon stuff, more COVID junk. This is becoming an idol. I’m tired of hearing about COVID. I have a million sins to battle and I need inspiration, not more Johnson & Johnson baby tissue debate.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟241,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it's been helpful in bringing me closer to Christ and back to the faith that I was floundering in the past 5-10 years. But my son and I had epiphanies last night from his reading the next chapter in the book, The Soul After Death. Wow. We learned so much, and it really helped get my spiritual priorities in order. So happy we are reading this! The info in there of the Church Fathers and the Scriptures, have been so helpful in helping me to repent and finding a way to go about changing, for I have so many sins to struggle and work through. I need to get to confession as soon as possible. It's been way too long (like early 2020 too long!).

• Prayers
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0