Amazing Photoshop Creations - post 'em here!

kc5hwb

Feb 27, 2004
Grapevine, TX
✟15,170.00
Faith
Protestant
Here are some that I have done. I make photo cards with scriptures on them and use them for bookmarks and to post around the house as a reminder of scriptures I like. Here are some examples...

Attachments

• Isaiah 53.10.InGodWeTrust.jpg
    Isaiah 53.10.InGodWeTrust.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1Peter 4.12.greenzoom.jpg
    1Peter 4.12.greenzoom.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 63
  • James1.2-8(NIV).raindrops&lightning.jpg
    James1.2-8(NIV).raindrops&lightning.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 64
  • Romans12.1-2.grayswirlingfur.jpg
    Romans12.1-2.grayswirlingfur.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 67
  • James1.2-8.chocdiamond.jpg
    James1.2-8.chocdiamond.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
HeatherJay,

I've been working on this for a class project. We had to do a portrait of a classmate using only a silhouette, but it took a fair but of PhotoShop. Okay, maybe not really, but for me it felt like a fair bit as I'm trying to teach myself as I go.

Attachments

• underwater4-small.jpg
    underwater4-small.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: HeatherJay
Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
michabo said:
HeatherJay,

I've been working on this for a class project. We had to do a portrait of a classmate using only a silhouette, but it took a fair but of PhotoShop. Okay, maybe not really, but for me it felt like a fair bit as I'm trying to teach myself as I go.
Wow, that's so beautiful! If you taught yourself how to do that, I'd say you have a pretty good teacher. ;) Post more if you have any...I really love that one. :clap:

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Thanks HeatherJay. You would be shocked to hear how long it took for me to settle on this picture (and I'm still making very slight changes to it :) ). My current project is to create two abstract representations of "jealousy" and "bliss". I'm still scratching my head on "bliss", but here is what I have for jealousy.

Attachments

• jealousy6-small.jpg
    jealousy6-small.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
HeatherJay said:
I like it...very cool effect with the red. Good for you...not a speck of green!
Funny you should mention that! Everyone tells me that jealousy should be green (like "envy"). I chose blue to show sort of tranquility (which jealousy consumes), and jealousy itself to be red - sort of hot and passionate. I didn't add any yellow to keep the colours deliberately out of harmony. I still have a hard time thinking of jealousy as being anything but green, I just can't figure out how to make it work.

What do you think? Can jealousy NOT use green?

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
michabo said:
Funny you should mention that! Everyone tells me that jealousy should be green (like "envy"). I chose blue to show sort of tranquility (which jealousy consumes), and jealousy itself to be red - sort of hot and passionate. I didn't add any yellow to keep the colours deliberately out of harmony. I still have a hard time thinking of jealousy as being anything but green, I just can't figure out how to make it work.

What do you think? Can jealousy NOT use green?
Well, I think you can use an colors you want to, lol...I only said that because jealousy being green is such a cliche. I know I've been jealous plenty of times in my life, and I just never thought that green was an accurate description of the color of my feelings, ya know? I think that red more closely would capture it, maybe...for me, it's a feeling pretty close to anger (does that make me psycho??;)), so, even though anger being red is also somewhat cliche, I think it's much more accurate...at least for me, personally. But, if you feel green when you're jealous, then you should definitely use green. :)

And I think what you've done is actually a pretty good representation so far...no matter how sweet a person you are, when you're extremely jealous it can definitely consume all those calm and tranquil feelings...it can transform that part of you into something that you don't even recognize. I think the 'consuming' angle that you're using is really great. It's a slow consumption, though...which is the feeling I get from looking at your picture. There's also an aspect of desperation that jealousy produces...at least in me...a feeling that I would do almost anything to get what I want. Desperation is a dangerous componant of jealousy, though I'm not sure how I'd represent that visually...it makes me think of all those myths and stories that you hear about people selling their soul to the devil. The things that people are willing to go through to be loved...

Anyway, I'm rambling on, but I think you have a lot of options depending on where you want the picture to go. Just go back to a time in your life when you can still tangibly feel the jealousy you felt, and work from that place...unless you're incredibly jealous at the present time, which would work in your favor, I think. ;) If you can feel it, then it should be much easier to visually represent it. But, you probably knew that already. :)

I think it's going great so far, though. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums