Am i wrong or should my mom wear a bra around my boyfriend? (At home)

Amy Lohter

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
✟11,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone

We are a very religious family and happy

Ive been reading here a while and its an awesome site but wanted to ask a question and i thought here was best.

I have an issue and maybe its me insecure? I dunno

But hanging around the house you wear something comfy and for us girls it normally means bra off if no one is around.

But i wish my mom would put a bra on / wear more suitable clothes when my boyfriend comes over

I trust my boyfriend and i trust my mom but i think she should wear a bra when hes over. Ive been seeing him for about 3 months and ive always hated that my mom is braless when hes there. I wish she would just throw one on when he comes over.

Like i said i trust my boyfriend but its easy to notice shes not wearing one because of her nipples. I trust him but ive seen his eyes looking in that direction a few times when he hasnt known ive noticed him looking. If i can notice him looking in that direction then surely she has noticed?? But she just keeps chatting to him.

I definitely wouldnt say my mom flirts with him but shes definately very talkative with him and like i said ive noticed him looking in that direction (her boobs). Am i being insecure or can i ask my mom to wear one?

I havnt asked yet because i just think it will make her think that i dont trust her or cause some kind of weird reaction.

We havnt always been super close and i dont want to lose the little bit of closeness i have with her now

Thanks

• Prayers
Reactions: CoreyD

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
On the surface of this, a couple of things.

Guys are going to look, it's human nature. Fine it's just guy nature.

Daughters are going to be annoyed by their mother, it's human nature. Fine, it's daughter nature.

But by inviting your boyfriend over at hanging around time, it implies you're okay with it. To both of them. Now if it were Thanksgiving dinner, that would be different. So in the short term, I suggest limiting visit time to not co inside with mom's hanging around time.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the no bra look. It might be more of distraction if someone is dressed up and wearing one. But that's me. If it bothers you, then maybe talk with your mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An option is for your boyfriend and you to hang out somewhere else until you work up the words/courage to talk to her.

However, it is her home, so you may need to make a decision to not bring your boyfriend over during casual times anymore.

I'd be very uncomfortable if my mother was exposed in this fashion around my boyfriend as well.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
But by inviting your boyfriend over at hanging around time, it implies you're okay with it. To both of them.

Yep. You have allowed it to happen without saying anything. Now it has become an uncomfortable issue for you.

If she has a shirt on, then she is not indecent because her breasts are covered. It would be more discreet to wear a bra, but she is in her own home. Should she have to be fully dressed? There are also some who would argue that wearing bras make breasts more attractive and noticeable because her they are lifted up.

To bring it up now would only cause drama between you and your mother and you and your boyfriend. If you don't want him around your mom without a bra, then don't bring him around when it is a part of the day when she wants to be comfy. Remember that the home is her personal space and she needs her down time.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you dont have a good relationship with your mother, it is wise not to tell her how you want her to dress in her own house.

When a nipple is showing, everyone looks....until they get use to it. He is more likely uncomfortable than "turned on"

I'd say that it would be in your best interest to work on your own insecurities. You are a treasure that everyone would be lucky to have, and no one would give up for a nipple.

There are plenty of nipples outside of your house......if you cant control your feelings about them inside......good luck doing it when you have to leave the house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your kind words

So you think he'd be more uncomfortable than anything else?
I would be for sure....I dont like being put in situations where im forced to look at sexual images. I try to avoid them at all cost. But if they are there, My eyes find them at least once. Yet once my eyes get their fill.....they dont find them again.

Upvote 0

Amy Lohter

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
✟11,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would be for sure....I dont like being put in situations where im forced to look at sexual images. I try to avoid them at all cost. But if they are there, My eyes find them at least once. Yet once my eyes get their fill.....they dont find them again.
Ok thanks

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dont think anyone can really advise you because each relationship is different along with the individuals in it. For me though Id be like....mummmmmm I can see your nipples n my b/f is coming over. Go put a bra on...pleaseeeeeeee. My mum would laugh n do it. But - thats me n my mother. For you - you know best.

Upvote 0

Amy Lohter

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
✟11,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont think anyone can really advise you because each relationship is different along with the individuals in it. For me though Id be like....mummmmmm I can see your nipples n my b/f is coming over. Go put a bra on...pleaseeeeeeee. My mum would laugh n do it. But - thats me n my mother. For you - you know best.
Haha thank you. If onlyit was that easy for me

Upvote 0