am i uforgivable??

Jan 18, 2009
America
✟10,055.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
i have found that i did something bad to my daughter while i was asleep.i have asked for both her's and god forgiveness, but i keep feeling sorrow for it and still ask myself ow can god forgive what i did. what sort of restitution can i give my daughter? will god let me repent???

God forgives all sin. The only sin that is unforgivable is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. You may need to forgive yourself. Also, it could be the enemy giving you false accusations. Remember, Jesus cover all of your sins past, present and future. If believing this is a struggle, look into Mark 9:20-24.

"20And they brought the boy to him. And when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth. 21And Jesus asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood. 22And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." 23And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes." 24Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

If you have to, ask God to help you believe that he forgave you.

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
i have found that i did something bad to my daughter while i was asleep.i have asked for both her's and god forgiveness, but i keep feeling sorrow for it and still ask myself ow can god forgive what i did. what sort of restitution can i give my daughter? will god let me repent???
MY DEAR BROTHER,

God has promised us:

#1. ALL who ask are forgiven;

#2. EVERYTHING that is asked to be forgiven is forgiven.

Your restitution to your daughter is a life-time of Unconditional Love.

Your repentance is not only God's greatest desire--it is also His greatest joy!

BE BLESSED, MY BROTHER, AND FORGIVE YOURSELF AS GOD HAS FORGIVEN YOU!

A BOND-SLAVE/FRIEND/BROTHER OF OUR LORD/GOD/SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is forgiveness to be found in God , but what you did with your daughter will effect her the rest of her life. The best thing for you to do now is get her into sexual abuse counseling ASAP. This will be her best chance at equipping her self with the tools she needs to deal with this type of betrayal in her life.

Remember forgiveness doesn't give you a pass on consequences. try and give back a little of what you have taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joshua2009

Jan 12, 2009
United States
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does forgive your sins, as far as the east is from the west. Remember that always.

But brothers and sisters, we must always be diligent not to judge. The OP never stated what the sins were, but I am sure most in their minds have condemned him. Please do not speculate, unless the OP decided to tell us. Some here may have condemned a man for sexual crimes when that may not be the case. Please remember this always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Greetings and may God bless all who read. God is always willing and ready to forgive with a stretched out arm Brother Ren. God's Holy Word clearly states as written in Psalms 86:5, "For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee." Amen.

Also take heed well to this Brother Ren, as Satan, our accuser and enemy preys on our mistakes and stalks us continuously, trying to plague us with guilt. It is written in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a ROARING LION, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." Amen. Strive to be careful in all things.

Go to God in prayer my Brother and take this concern you have to Him. Let us all continue to pray for one another for God to supply us with the courage and strength we need to overcome any and all adversity.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only reason I leave it up, is not to condemn an already completely anonymous brother, but on the off chance of a typo, and then, seeing the need to separate God's forgiveness, and the consequences of our sin. If in fact there is alittle girl out there somewhere who needs to be in counseling, I don't want someone looking to do right, to convince themselves to sweep this incident under the carpet and pretend that nothing happened, while the daughter pays the rest of her life, for someone else's understanding of "forgiveness," and her fathers interpretation of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faithful follower

Sharing our Journey
Dec 10, 2008
United States
✟29,484.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
All things are forgiveable.

My thoughts as to the best way to make restitution is to get to the root cause of participating in a behavior while 'asleep'. There are a few things that come to mind that could cause this. All of them treatable.

Sleep disorders
Medications
Alcoholism
Drug Abuse
Dissociative Disorders

Also, make sure your daughter is safe. To repeat the offense would be catastrophic.

Also, get the daughter some counseling.

You are in my prayers.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

My dear brother, guilt and shame is what you are suffering from.

You feel guilty for what you have done, and you feel shame of your action.

Our Lord Jesus Christ always forgives those who confess and repent their sins verbally, and call out to Him for His Forgiveness. Repentance is not remorsefulness.

I believe that you need to take this sin to your pastor, and you need to confess it to another mature Christian.

Forgiving yourself will always be hard.

How old is your daughter?

Time is what heals any action that has hurt another person.

All I can say to you brother, is for you to take this to another, such as your pastor.

Blessings!:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

ren13

thank you all for your comments. my original post was misread. I was Asleep. after finding out about the incident i was diagnosed with a sleeping disorder, parasomnia which includes walking, talking, eating and yes various sexual behaviors while asleep. i am now receaving treatment. i pray that anyone readig this post that has had episodes of doing aything while sleeping to tell your doctor. i would not wish what my daughter and my wife and i are going through on anyone.:prayer:

Reactions: Sadiegrl
Upvote 0

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, but you need to be careful.

I do NOT know what you did nor what caused you to do it, especially while asleep.

You may need to think & pray if there is anything unwholesome thing that you've accidently let in by watching or listening to something particular.
If so, change your ways with God's help; if not, consider it darts from the Devil & continue on your way to God.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was Asleep. after finding out about the incident i was diagnosed with a sleeping disorder, parasomnia which includes walking, talking, eating and yes various sexual behaviors while asleep

Regardless of your waking state, there is forgiveness to be found in God. But that forgiveness still does not exclude you from the consequences of your actions.
If in fact your daughter has been sexually violated then she needs to see someone to help her cope with this new burden. because like I said despite your waking state of mind she will carry this around with her for the rest of her life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It might help if you think like a police officer or private investigator to find out and prevent the causes and effects of sin that began since Adam and Eve ate the forbidden apple. Sin passed along through generations from one race long ago to many different races today. No one is immune to evil. Even Christians can be hypnotised by the power of Satan when they remove the safety of Jesus Christ for a short time. Satan would use love with no rules if hatred is not enough to destroy life.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A passage that helped me to realise I had been forgiven was Zacharia chapter 3 I think. it tells of Joshua the high priest standing before an angel of the Lord and satan accusing him. The angel rebuked Satan by saying "Is not this man like a burning stick snatched from the fire". Take time to think what that means. If you were to reach into a fire to grab a stick you would get burnt and scarred for life. This is what God has done for you. So use God's strength to rebuke satan next time you wonder if you are forgiven. The only condition for forgiveness is that you must repent. As long as you don't want to do the same sin again you are forgiven.

I also agree there are consequences. Your daughter would most likely need counselling. Get it. It will also change the relationship. The impact it has may change with time.

Also take action to prevent this from happening again. Put a lock on the door. (keep a key somewhere hidden and difficult to get to so she can't lock herself in any old time she feels like it) Get a lock on your door which could prevent you getting out of your room in the first place.

Upvote 0