When I say, "I am a Christian,"
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches
Which is why I seek His Name.

When I say, "I am a Christian,"
I do not wish to judge.
I have no authority.
I only know I am loved.
Thanks for contributing that O.F.F! I have saved a copy and it is posted by my desk at work.

Upvote 0

Beminde

Nov 16, 2006
The Netherlands
✟8,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is something I learned a few weeks ago:

Being a christian means your part of the family
and you can't say for example:
Am I truly a Jones?

Well, I try to live like a Jones..
I know other Jones' and they are so much better Jones than I am..

You're part of the family so you are a [Jones] Christian!

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you need to do is you need to go to your local Catholic Church and talk to the priest. He will instruct you on what to do next. :) If you haven't been baptised before, you will need to be baptised sometime in the near future.

Upvote 0

drifter5

Dec 6, 2006
✟16,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Indeed you can be sure that once you have accepted Jesus into your heart.....You are without question saved! You see Jesus paid for the sins of all people in the whole world!- the only way a person can be Not saved is if they do not accept His free gift! So if you believe in your heart that Jesus died for your sins and rose after 3 days, then your are saved! The only thing that can seperate you from God is you. :thumbsup:
Yes we need to believe these things, and also to surrender our heart, and life to Jesus. We need to submit our will to Jesus. We need to confess our sins , each time we know that we have sinned . Then , God , who is faithful and just , will forgive us our sins, through The blood of The Lord Jesus, which cleanses us from all sin. If we pray with known sin unconfessed to God , in our heart , The Bible teaches that, our prayer will be an abomination to The Lord. We are saved through grace alone, but we do have responsibilities. We have to choose to live for Jesus, instead of ourselves.Our life is no longer our own , it now belongs to Jesus . :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brokyn888

Jan 21, 2007
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
No one is saved where do you get this false stuff.Why would god make moses established the 10 commandments if we could just get saved and go to heaven no matter what,,some people get saved and then say hey if i kill someone and rape a girl im going to heaven because i got saved no one is truly saved but god does save us if we try to be good,but no one is saved

Upvote 0

drifter5

Dec 6, 2006
✟16,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello :wave:

I`m new here at this forum, and I`m sooooo looking forward to read and post many of the post here in the different forums! :)

I`m not sure if I can call myself a new christian, because I have been a believer for about 3 years now.
I don`t belong to a church or a christian fellowship but I believe in Jesus, pray and read the Bible.
I have a little question that has made me a little confused lately:
Can I really trust and believe that God has forgiven me and that I`m saved?

I truly believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he came to pay all of our sins. And I know that he loves me too. I pray almost everyday and ask for a sign to show me that he hears my prayer.
I guess everyone doubts now and then, but I really need to know if I`m truly saved?

I appreciate if anyone would like to share their thoughts :prayer: :hug: ;) please
I had asked Jesus to be my Saviour in the past, but i had never asked Him to be my Lord. I still wanted to live my own way and i had not surrendered my life and heart to Jesus. I thought that i was saved . The Lord spoke to my heart through one of the posts on this forum, and He told me that i had asked Jesus to be my Saviour but not my Lord and, therefore, He was NOT really my Saviour at all. I then examined my heart to test whether i was a real Christian or not , as Jesus asks us to in The Bible. I realised that i was NOT. It was ONLY once i submitted my will to The Lord, asking Jesus to be The King of my heart , that i felt The Holy Spirit enter my heart , for the first time. Jesus has graciously saved me ! He has brought me from death to life ! I PRAISE THE LORD ! HALLELUJAH! WHAT A SAVIOUR !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshinegirl2

Dec 22, 2006
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It`s been a while since I was in here now.. I see that my thread has received many replies and much response! I`m happy to see that!:) Thanks.

First of all.. to Brokyn888:
After my opinion a person isn`t truly a christian if he or she kill/rape/steal etc. Then they haven`t given they`re life completely over to Jesus, and the faith is only on the outside, and not in they`re heart if they do things like that. When a person truly believes the faith will have an impact on how that person live and is to other people. Doing good things and showing love. Not by being false but sincere and true!:)

And I can see in my own life that after I took a stand and asked Jesus into my heart I have received a deep love inside that I haven`t had before. I care a lot more about other people. Not because I try to be like that, but it just comes naturally in a strange way. I`m far from perfect, and I never will be, but I feel much more peace and I know now that I`m loved! And that is amazing!:) I`m God`s little girl, and I`m so happy!
I want my relationship with Him to grow, and I feel more secure in my faith now than when I started this thread.

And to drifter5:
Yes, I have asked Jesus to be my Lord and come in and turn my life around and be my everything! Not only my saviour, but also the Lord of my life!:) I prayed Him to take over my life and make me whatever He wanted me to be. And now almost 4 years (or so) after that small prayer, I still ask Him to renew me, forgive me and change me to how He want me to be! I want to live for Him and live as He wants me to.

I hope all who reads this understand what I`m trying to say and I don`t know if I made myself clear enough.

Anyway, now I`m tired and have to go to bed:sleep:

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, Sunshine girl--

We walk by faith. Also, you believe the Bible right? If so, than you can certainly believe that God has forgiven you and that your saved. Being a christian is an spiritual and intellectual decision. Also, I would attend a bible believing church and surround yourself with other christians. Why? Hebrews 10:25- don't forsake the assembling of yourselfs together.... And Proverbs 27:17- iron sharpens iron..

Upvote 0

Prodigal7

Feb 10, 2007
California
✟11,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone has their own ideas on the importance of church. :holy:

It has helped me. I got to a point where I realized that I could benefit from the knowledge of other Christians. I tried to "go it alone". For me going it alone was a way of weak faith and a lot of doubt. I didn't see it at the time.

A friend of mine said he likes to stay in the "middle of the pack". If you see a herd of deer it's the stragglers that get picked off by wolves or mountain lions.

For a period of time I got lost in the "which denomination" debate. I found a church I liked and gave it a try. It was different than the church my grandparents went to. I realized my grandparents didn't sit down with an encyclopedia and try to pick a church. They picked the church of their land, probably a church around the corner - and it worked for them.

As for whether to choose a priest or pastor, as a layman my view is I can benefit greatly from anyone who has spent their life studying the word of God.

:liturgy::priest:

I finally realized I'm not a biblical scholar. Being a theologian isn't in the cards for me. Once I realized that it was a great relief.

Good luck to you.

2 Peter 1:16
We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his magesty.

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is saved where do you get this false stuff.Why would god make moses established the 10 commandments if we could just get saved and go to heaven no matter what,,some people get saved and then say hey if i kill someone and rape a girl im going to heaven because i got saved no one is truly saved but god does save us if we try to be good,but no one is saved

You've missed the point in salvation. Eternal life is in a relationship with God (John 17:3). He's not out to sell fire insurance, He wants your life. We are free from the curse of the Law, but we still must be led of the Spirit:

"But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." - Galatians 5:18-25

For us to have the Spirit of God, we must be born of the Spirit (John 3:3-7), but we also must submit to God in obedience to that leading of the Spirit if we are going to enjoy the fruits of salvation. God's Spirit dwells in a willing heart:

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." - John 14:21

God loved us so that we might love Him and love others as ourselves. Anyone not doing so ought to question his relationship with the Lord.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.