Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6:23 - The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.
God sent Jesus to offer his life as a sacrifice for sin, Matthew 26:28, Mark 10:45, John 1:29, John 3:16, John 10:11, 2 Corinthians 5:19. To say that he gave his Son only for a few people, suggests that he creates millions of people in his image, with no intention of saving them from sin - and later punishes them because they didn't turn from that sin.

I doubt very much that anyone would deliberately choose eternal punishment in the lake of fire.

We can do nothing to make God save us. He does not need our permission to save us; just as he didn't need our permission to create us.
God has sent Jesus - we believe in him and receive him, or don't. Jesus said "come to me", and "everyone who believes in me" - not "have you done enough to make God accept you?"

Jesus HAS died for sin and made it possible for someone to be reconciled to God.
If we accept that and receive God's free gift, we have eternal life; as he promised.

If you bought me a house, chose it, paid for it, put it in my name etc, I wouldn't benefit from it unless I accepted it and went to live in it. Even if you gave me the keys and a map of how to get to it, if I didn't move in, the gift would have done me no good.

I don't know what others think, but I have never come across that view.

God doesn't need to be "enabled" to save anyone. He only asks that we accept what he has provided - which is eternal life through his Son.

That's fine.
Where does Scripture say that God decides to save only a few people, that a sheep has to become aware of its salvation or that there is limited atonement?
The false doctrine in the OP of predestination Augustine, Calvin and the WCF teaches that God created the majority of man to be reprobates without ever having the chance to be saved and to remain blind and dead in their sins since they are not one of the " elect ". The doctrines of "grace" known as TULIP is heresy. Divine determinism which is another Calvinist distinctive is also heresy as their god detemines all sin for his glory including the rape and murder of children. Their false god has a purpose in the sin he ordained to occur for his glory. I know as I was a Calvinist for over 40 years and defended this nonsense that attacks our Loving and Holy God. It make God nothing but a moral monster.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The false doctrine in the OP of predestination Augustine, Calvin and the WCF teaches that God created the majority of man to be reprobates without ever having the chance to be saved and to remain blind and dead in their sins since they are not one of the " elect ".
:openmouth: :sick: How awful.
I know as I was a Calvinist for over 40 years and defended this nonsense that attacks our Loving and Holy God. It make God nothing but a moral monster.
It sounds like it.
That God he's not like that.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0