• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I suffering from diabetes?

logan3

Oct 23, 2007
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
I am a 55 years old male. I have a history of type 2 diabetes running in my family. My weight is under control and I exercise regularly. Four years ago my blood sugar was 6.5 mg/dl and now I have brought it down to 6.2 mg/dl. Indian doctors do not consider me diabetic but a French doctor says I have type 2 diabetes. Can you tell me which out of this is correct? What precautions should I take, other than avoiding sugar? Is it possible to correct my sugar level through diet and exercise?

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a 55 years old male. I have a history of type 2 diabetes running in my family. My weight is under control and I exercise regularly. Four years ago my blood sugar was 6.5 mg/dl and now I have brought it down to 6.2 mg/dl. Indian doctors do not consider me diabetic but a French doctor says I have type 2 diabetes. Can you tell me which out of this is correct? What precautions should I take, other than avoiding sugar? Is it possible to correct my sugar level through diet and exercise?
It is hard to say because we don't know what kind of eating habits you have or if your overweight or other health factors. Some say there is such a thing as pre-diabetic. If they have diabetic educators then I would visit one of those if I were you and get some advice on portion control in your meals and some specific advice on your situation. It is almost impossible for someone to diagnose you on a forum like this and be accurate.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would agree with the other two who have responded. Only a physician can diagnose diabetes, and there are tests they can do to see if a person has diabetes.

If the physician thinks you have diabetes then you need to educate yourself on how to manage this and see if they will refer you to a nutritionist to help you learn how to eat, and to set you up with a way to monitor your blood sugars and to learn about your situation. Even if you don't have diabetes, with it in your family, it's good to learn what you can do to reduce your risk.

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a type 11 diabetic on insulin... you need to see a doctor and request a glucose tolerance test...you need to have this officially diagnosed or discounted one way or the other professionally.

Diabetes is not something to guess at or delay with treatment.

See a doctor and get it correctly diagnosed.

Les

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a type 11 diabetic on insulin... you need to see a doctor and request a glucose tolerance test...you need to have this officially diagnosed or discounted one way or the other professionally.

Les

And do it yesterday. In 2002 I was experiencing unusual symptoms. Intense thrist. I could not drink enough water. I had constant indigestion. My vison improved, but my hearing deteriorated. My wife forced me to go to a hospital for a blood test, My BGL was over 400. The machine at that particular hospital only went to 400. I have been on meds since then. I check my BGL every day.

Upvote 0

Nobella

Jesus Is Lord
Nov 25, 2006
New York
✟27,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot stress enough how important it is to eat right, I will post this info here, and if you visit my thread it is there as well, I just really want people to try it because it has helped me so much and it takes the stress out of what to eat, soon you will get the hang of it but the meals taste great, IT will help you to EAT to LIVE.:clap: :thumbsup:
It was created by the FOOD NETWORK IT IS A 30 DAY MEAL PLAN FOR Diabetics!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_hl_diabetic_planner/0,3151,FOOD_29017,00.html

Upvote 0

merryheart

bookworm nerdgirl
Mar 1, 2004
Oregon, USA
✟13,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
an A1C of > 6 is considered under control, but is certainly indicative of diabetes II. If you had normal blood sugar metabolism your A1C would be 5 or lower.

I have been diabetic for 20 years, and usually keep my A1C to the mid 5s.

Also, the A1C is just an average of your bloodsugar over the last 3 months - it does not say if you were screamin high, then crashin low, or nice and steady. For that you need to meter.

A1C non-diabetic range: 4.3 – 5.5 % (70 – 108 mg/dl)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would agree with the other two who have responded. Only a physician can diagnose diabetes, and there are tests they can do to see if a person has diabetes.

If the physician thinks you have diabetes then you need to educate yourself on how to manage this and see if they will refer you to a nutritionist to help you learn how to eat, and to set you up with a way to monitor your blood sugars and to learn about your situation. Even if you don't have diabetes, with it in your family, it's good to learn what you can do to reduce your risk.

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Les

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I cannot stress enough how important it is to eat right, I will post this info here, and if you visit my thread it is there as well, I just really want people to try it because it has helped me so much and it takes the stress out of what to eat, soon you will get the hang of it but the meals taste great, IT will help you to EAT to LIVE.:clap: :thumbsup:
It was created by the FOOD NETWORK IT IS A 30 DAY MEAL PLAN FOR Diabetics!!

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
an A1C of > 6 is considered under control, but is certainly indicative of diabetes II. If you had normal blood sugar metabolism your A1C would be 5 or lower.

I have been diabetic for 20 years, and usually keep my A1C to the mid 5s.

Also, the A1C is just an average of your bloodsugar over the last 3 months - it does not say if you were screamin high, then crashin low, or nice and steady. For that you need to meter.

A1C non-diabetic range: 4.3 – 5.5 % (70 – 108 mg/dl)

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
yes you can fix that check this link where two boys type
one and type two were fixed by the good Docter
the video down the center of the screen
pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0