Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin
✟352.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
zsearchingz said:
Checking in.... I'm here for a little bit. Are there any particular posts that a newcomer should make a point to read?

Hi Z!

I'm pretty new here too, but I would recommend reading the YMBALI (You might be a Lutheran if...) thread. It might give you a few chuckles to start your day.

Rod B.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm more off than on...

We're supposed to have temps in the 60's on Sunday. If that happens, I certainly won't be on this thing. :D I'll be streakin' through the neighborhood! LOL

Just kidding. I'd probably scare the life right outta some of the neighbors, others might die in a fit of laughter.

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phoebe said:
I'm more off than on...

We're supposed to have temps in the 60's on Sunday. If that happens, I certainly won't be on this thing. :D I'll be streakin' through the neighborhood! LOL

Just kidding. I'd probably scare the life right outta some of the neighbors, others might die in a fit of laughter.

Hey Phobe, You stole my lines ;)

Wished we could hit 50, I think its been 5 mothes since we have had 50's :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Phoebe said:
Well, Jim, you need to move to Iowa. We can have all four seasons occur in a single week. :D
All four seasons in a single week? That's called Louisiana! We can have two in one day!

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phoebe said:
Well, Jim, you need to move to Iowa. We can have all four seasons occur in a single week. :D

Thanks for the Phoebe, but Ya'all got way too much "corn" for me. I live in the middle of a corn field 6 monthes of the year now, but at least I get to escape it when I go up north a ways or a couple counties to the west.

Give me them thar trees and lakes of northern Michigan and I'm happy as a Lark. I always had a dream of living in the north woods in a log cabin, but I'm afaid that will have to wait till I'm Heaven bound. :angel:

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
KagomeShuko said:
All four seasons in a single week? That's called Louisiana! We can have two in one day!

Stein Auf!
Bridget

We've actually had rain snow and sleet all in the same hour, and then have the sun come out later on. Being surronded by the Great Lakes is never the same for very long, if you don't like the weather today, thers a good chance it will be different the next day. We've also seen a change of 45 degress in the same day and some times in just a few hours.

The thing I don't envy you about Lousiana is all the high humidity and mosquitos. My lings are working overtime down there, and that was when I was I still young, many many moons ago. :priest: Oh, and do Ya'all have any snakes down there ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pastel

Lex orandi lexest credendi
Jan 9, 2005
Markleeville
✟6,186.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to live where there are more trees than people. Or corn stalks. ;)

Even though I love corn to eat.

I won't be here much in the following weeks because we are having my kitchen remodeled. I expect a huge mess. :( But it will be nice when it's done.

Upvote 0

Rod B

Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin
✟352.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Jim47 said:
Give me them thar trees and lakes of northern Michigan and I'm happy as a Lark. I always had a dream of living in the north woods in a log cabin, but I'm afaid that will have to wait till I'm Heaven bound. :angel:

Hmmm, Heaven is in Northern Michigan? Does that mean yoopers are angels? :D

Same here Jim,we try to spend as much time in Northern Wisconsin as possible. There's just something about lakes and trees that completely relaxes me. Except of course when the skeeters are out, then it's maddening.

Good Luck with the remodeling Charlene.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jim47 said:
We've actually had rain snow and sleet all in the same hour, and then have the sun come out later on. Being surronded by the Great Lakes is never the same for very long, if you don't like the weather today, thers a good chance it will be different the next day. We've also seen a change of 45 degress in the same day and some times in just a few hours.

The thing I don't envy you about Lousiana is all the high humidity and mosquitos. My lings are working overtime down there, and that was when I was I still young, many many moons ago. :priest: Oh, and do Ya'all have any snakes down there ^_^
It can rain and hail, then be dry and sunny, be below freezing, and then be up in the 70s all in one day in Louisiana!

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Music4Hym777 said:
Ya'll are crazy, we had it hail balls of snow (yes it can do that) in the same hour that it was bright and sunny. The sad thing is, I live in Arizona!!!
Yep, we can have that in Louisiana, too. Sunny and raining/hailing. . .it's actually quite normal!

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.