Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to ask for prayer as I am struggling with an issue which I have had for many years but seems to be affecting me more now than in the past. I find that I am often overlooked by other people and in particular I am always the one to get dropped to allow times for other things. This has been a particular problem for my work recently and when I an to discuss things and get a bit of guidance on what I am doing or check I am heading on the right direction and arrange a meeting to go through things I seem to get it cancelled every time. I know that this does not happen to anyone else in the organisation. I often find this is the case in my personal life and church life as well. I even had a meeting arranged with my pastor this week where I was going to raise this. He had scheduled an hour fort me but his previous meeting overran by about 3/4 hour so we started very late. We chatted a bit about how work was going generally and then his next appointment turned up on time. He just left me and said rearrange for next week. Exactly the problem I was going to raise with him came form him as well.

This has been going on for a while and is starting to get me down, to the point where I am even considering leaving the church. It just feels like I am always overlooked and that no one ever gives me positive feedback and encouragement at work at home or at church. All I get is negative comments from people and taken advantage of. I try to be gracious in this but sometimes it just becomes a burden I struggle with. PLease pray for srength for me and for psotive input from those around me.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Will pray. I would attend church and try to block out the social side of it. Sadly, church isn't different sometimes socially from a work setting. I have to more or less condition myself not to expect much socially, outside of my wife, family, and long term friends. People mean well, but they are busy, or have trouble looking past their own lives.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what it is like to be "overlooked" or "ignored." I agree with HereIStand; folks have difficulty looking past their own lives. In any event, I am a born-again Believer in Jesus as Savior and I daily follow Him as Lord. CF is a major portion of my Christian outreach. I look past my own previous difficulties and stand amazed in His Amazing Grace.

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Bro. Daniel

Prophet & Psalmist
Aug 22, 2017
Eph. 1:4, Ps. 139:15, Jer. 1:5, Virginia, U.S.
✟15,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would like to ask for prayer as I am struggling with an issue which I have had for many years but seems to be affecting me more now than in the past. I find that I am often overlooked by other people and in particular I am always the one to get dropped to allow times for other things. This has been a particular problem for my work recently and when I an to discuss things and get a bit of guidance on what I am doing or check I am heading on the right direction and arrange a meeting to go through things I seem to get it cancelled every time. I know that this does not happen to anyone else in the organisation. I often find this is the case in my personal life and church life as well. I even had a meeting arranged with my pastor this week where I was going to raise this. He had scheduled an hour fort me but his previous meeting overran by about 3/4 hour so we started very late. We chatted a bit about how work was going generally and then his next appointment turned up on time. He just left me and said rearrange for next week. Exactly the problem I was going to raise with him came form him as well.

This has been going on for a while and is starting to get me down, to the point where I am even considering leaving the church. It just feels like I am always overlooked and that no one ever gives me positive feedback and encouragement at work at home or at church. All I get is negative comments from people and taken advantage of. I try to be gracious in this but sometimes it just becomes a burden I struggle with. PLease pray for srength for me and for psotive input from those around me.

I heard the Lord say you have spiritual embargos placed upon you.
They bring hindrances in one's life in the natural if not canceled in time in the spiritual realm.
Do a Google search for "prayer points against satanic embargo" to research on it and pray them for release.

Shalom and blessings,

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray that You will enable @GirdYourLoins to rest in Your love and be totally satisfied in You, his true source of security and love. Allow him to see himself as the man of God You have created him to be, fully confident in You, His Rock and His strength. Help him learn Your ways as he walks through this difficulty, and see that Christ, himself was despised and rejected in His walk on earth as well. I pray that You will raise up some Christian friendships for him that will be mutually edifying and encouraging.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, what a shame to have this problem of being overlooked. May they take some comfort in the fact that You never overlook them, and are never to busy or distracted from them. I believe that You would have them receive some human recognition, and I pray that You will lead their work/employer and church and others to give it to them. I know that just a little human recognition has prevented suicides in the past, or has been such an encouragement to lead people on to great things. May this one receive such encouragement. Amen.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard the Lord say you have spiritual embargos placed upon you.
They bring hindrances in one's life in the natural if not canceled in time in the spiritual realm.
Do a Google search for "prayer points against satanic embargo" to research on it and pray them for release.

Shalom and blessings,
I've definitely felt there is something like this going on in my life. I have always felt there is something blocking me moving forward and being more successful. Ive had a look at it now but will spend more time reading about this and praying tomorrow. Thank you.

Reactions: Bro. Daniel
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, what a shame to have this problem of being overlooked. May they take some comfort in the fact that You never overlook them, and are never to busy or distracted from them. I believe that You would have them receive some human recognition, and I pray that You will lead their work/employer and church and others to give it to them. I know that just a little human recognition has prevented suicides in the past, or has been such an encouragement to lead people on to great things. May this one receive such encouragement. Amen.
Thank you. Suicide is certainly not an issue or temptation for me. It was for my brother a few years ago though. He refused to accept Christ as his saviour and in the end hung himself. I have accepted Jesus as my personal saviour and He has healed me of much of the damage of a traumatic childhood.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying for you (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums