Alt-Med company sued out of existance

lemur

Aug 20, 2011
✟15,711.00
Faith
Atheist
This forums a rather depressing place with nearly every other thread advocating for expensive and unproven medical treatments as alternatives to treat life threatening conditions... I thought I'd improve the mood a bit.

PowerBalance Scam Lawsuit Forces Company Into Bankrupcy

Yeah, I know it's not the worst offender, but at least it proves we still have consumer protection laws.

earagun

Oct 29, 2011
✟852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This forums a rather depressing place with nearly every other thread advocating for expensive and unproven medical treatments as alternatives to treat life threatening conditions... I thought I'd improve the mood a bit.

PowerBalance Scam Lawsuit Forces Company Into Bankrupcy

Yeah, I know it's not the worst offender, but at least it proves we still have consumer protection laws.
I clicked on your site, it started to make my pc start clicking much like a virus I got a week ago, you wouldn't be trying to do somthing like that would you, I quickly pulled the plug

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I clicked on your site, it started to make my pc start clicking much like a virus I got a week ago, you wouldn't be trying to do somthing like that would you, I quickly pulled the plug

If the gizmodo.com website isn't working for you, plus "power balance lawsuit" into a search engine and you'll get dozens of germane results.

Upvote 0

lemur

Aug 20, 2011
✟15,711.00
Faith
Atheist
I clicked on your site, it started to make my pc start clicking
90% of the time, that's a HDD physically dying, you're going to want to make a backup sometime very soon.
much like a virus I got a week ago, you wouldn't be trying to do somthing like that would you, I quickly pulled the plug
Two things here:
1)
If a virus is trying to destroy your computer, you can't react fast enough. At 3 billion or so operations a second, the damage is done before you know it.

2)
It's really (this needs to be emphasized) bad to turn off power to a computer like that. It can damage the HDD (see the first statement).

Gizmodo is the place where nerds like me get our news, you can trust them seeing as the computer repair guy you should be contacting also does.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gizmodo is a legitimate site. It's not good to ignorantly accuse people of malice - you should apologize.

Can companies be granted bankruptcy to avoid paying out claims for fraud?

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Waiting for GodBeTheGlory to show up and tell us that those things cured cancer and it is just another example of vaccine evil and "Big Pharma" trying to kill people.

I've never wore one of those.
Most "Supplements" and "Alt-med" don't do much if anything. But some Supps and Alt-med do great things. It would be ingnorant to say all Supps/Alt-med don't work.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never wore one of those.
Most "Supplements" and "Alt-med" don't do much if anything. But some Supps and Alt-med do great things. It would be ingnorant to say all Supps/Alt-med don't work.
I think Zicam works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums