• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My dear young brother in Christ....take this advice from an 80 y/o the really know what he's talking about (from both a personal and professional standpoint). FIND A BIBLE-BELIEVING CHURCH THAT IS VERY WELCOMING AND JOIN IN WITH THE OTHER YOUTH....REALLY! And read and believe what God says about loving you (and He really LIKES you too, no matter what you do or will do if you believe that Jesus is God's son and accept Him as your LORD and SAVIOR!! You will never, ever, regret it and you'll remember that you heard this from an ancient but wise man! May God RICHLY bless you!!!!

The thing is, I have found a welcoming church and youth and have friends there, and I know God loves me and I've accepted Jesus as my saviour, but I still feel alone and more, I can never seem to find deeper, more meaningful relationships, but thanks :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sonny, I can definitely feel for you. I'm 33, but can empathize with much of what you've written. Even now. One thing that stands out for me is how *difficult* young adulthood is for many. Quite a few young people struggle with depression.

I've also come to see heavy bouts of depression / self-pity / loneliness / unhappiness with my life as being a form of Satanic attack. Some might argue that I'm over-spiritualizung things, but I don't think so.

Prayer to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and also to Mary have been massive helps to me. Forcing myself to pray *for* others when consumed by depression has helped the depression lift, so that I focus more on others, and less on my own feelings. Though a Catholic practice, and while you may not be Catholuc, praying the Rosary has helped and is helping me immensely. It is a blessing and life raft beyond words.

I hope this helps you. I'll be praying for you, too, friend.

Thank you, and sorry for the late reply. No I am not Catholic, so I only pray to God but thank you none the less, and for your prayers :) I do not know if I believe it to me a Satanic attack as such, but it is definitely a result if his sins

Once again, thank you, I shall continue to pray about it :)

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear you feel so alone. I think it is very normal to feel alone and sad during times of change; especially relationships moving far away. I go through feeling alone myself. I think Jesus felt very alone that night in the end praying while the others fell asleep. I don't have the answers, but I wanted to write and tell you that I care. (hug)

Thank you, have things improved for you? I shall add you to by prayer list (hugs back)

Upvote 0