• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So I'm a 17 year old teenager at a Christian high school. In the past I've struggled with things such as depression etc, whatever (no physical stuff or anything tho)
But now I feel very alone
I cannot find any meaning or anything in my relationships and friendships
All the people that cared about me moved away or moved on
And it's not that I can't move on, it's that I have nothing to move on to....
Any suggestions would be nice
Thanks

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it depends on how you turn out from this. Me? I felt the same at first. But eventually I just accepted and got used to not having anyone/anything. Doesn't mean I don't want friends of course, but I've just adapted to not really having any. Now I'm fine with it.

While that may sound good, it does mean you grow a bit...well.... uncaring about making a friendship continue further. For example the old me would do anything out of desperation to keep a friend. Even if it meant being a door mat and abused. The new me won't do that. And even if the friend is a great person, if they stop calling for awhile I won't really call them back. If our friendship ends its of no loss to me.

So you can see its sort of a double edged sword situation.

Overall I'd say stay strong, keep faith and hope in God. Pray friends come along or maybe even someone that could be a future love interest. If you really need some companionship then maybe try a pet? Growing up my parents got me cats and I really loved them. Again, not that I am being negative about humans as friends but pets are pretty loyal and loving. You don't have to worry about anything like "Why aren't they calling me?" or "Do they really like me at all?". Of course down side is pets don't live long and the grief of losing a pet is tremendous!

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It all depends how u write your future. I thought when I was your age I had nothing to live for but I kept living b/c I wanted to see what lies ahead of me good or bad. We all have bad days but try to get through them. Good things will come your way. It took me 15 years to finally be happy and I'm here if you need to talk to anybody I've been through depression and worse. I'll try to help you out if I can. Just keep your head up and always say to tomorrow will be better if you had a bad day

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks...but what if tomorrow isn't a better day?
Cos it never seems to be....
And on top of that....
I've wondered if this happening in my life NOW is God getting me ready for worse things in the future
And sure, I'm up for it, doing what God wants me to do to help anyone, etc
But I don't know how I can live like this

Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It all depends how u write your future. I thought when I was your age I had nothing to live for but I kept living b/c I wanted to see what lies ahead of me good or bad. We all have bad days but try to get through them. Good things will come your way. It took me 15 years to finally be happy and I'm here if you need to talk to anybody I've been through depression and worse. I'll try to help you out if I can. Just keep your head up and always say to tomorrow will be better if you had a bad day
Yeah, I still constantly feel lost and alone....idk what to do with myself.....

Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I mean, I read the Bible daily and I have people who teach it
What do you mean, physical things? I meant at the start I don't physically hurt myself. And my problem isn't sin in my heart, but loneliness and no one that cares for me really as such
Carnal flesh? No. Holy Spirit? Yes

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So I'm a 17 year old teenager at a Christian high school. In the past I've struggled with things such as depression etc, whatever (no physical stuff or anything tho)
Thanks

Keep looking towards the future, God can use you in powerful ways. I went through a time of great depression and severe loneliness when I was about your age. You can come out of it, and all the experiences we go through can be used to help others. Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you.

John 16:33
You have bright future ahead my friend. In this world you will have trouble, take heart I have overcome the world. God bless you!!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

blossom15

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing which may help keep you going is to be thankful for and count your blessings - water to drink, a roof over your head, etc etc If you can think of say, five things throughout the day and perhaps talk about them with the Lord. This is something I'm realising I could do too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, I read the Bible daily and I have people who teach it
What do you mean, physical things? I meant at the start I don't physically hurt myself. And my problem isn't sin in my heart, but loneliness and no one that cares for me really as such
Carnal flesh? No. Holy Spirit? Yes

Nevertheless, the people God raises up as leaders must be willing to endure the suffering of solitude. On the contrary, solitude helps us appreciate people more. While we may come to Christ as individuals, we do not remain solitary salvation pilgrims or individual lone ranger Christians. Being a Christian is not an individual journey; it is a group effort lived in community.

In solitude, our heart of stone can be turned into a heart of flesh, rebellious heart into a contrite heart, and a closed heart into a heart that opens itself to all suffering people in a gesture of solidarity. This type of solitude is not a state of loneliness but of aloneness with God alone.

Broken

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Sonny Jim

Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
✟19,811.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Keep looking towards the future, God can use you in powerful ways. I went through a time of great depression and severe loneliness when I was about your age. You can come out of it, and all the experiences we go through can be used to help others. Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you.

I mean, I am trying to come out of it, but everytime I do start to come out, or get closer to it, I get kicked back down again, and I don't understand why

One thing which may help keep you going is to be thankful for and count your blessings - water to drink, a roof over your head, etc etc If you can think of say, five things throughout the day and perhaps talk about them with the Lord. This is something I'm realising I could do too!

I am thankful for the physical things I have, definitely, it's just that emotionally I feel as if I have little to no support, but thank you kind sir

Nevertheless, the people God raises up as leaders must be willing to endure the suffering of solitude. On the contrary, solitude helps us appreciate people more. While we may come to Christ as individuals, we do not remain solitary salvation pilgrims or individual lone ranger Christians. Being a Christian is not an individual journey; it is a group effort lived in community.

In solitude, our heart of stone can be turned into a heart of flesh, rebellious heart into a contrite heart, and a closed heart into a heart that opens itself to all suffering people in a gesture of solidarity. This type of solitude is not a state of loneliness but of aloneness with God alone.

I mean, yes, the Bible does talk about being alone with God but it also talks about having people as brothers and sisters, friends who believe in you and care for you

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sonny, I can definitely feel for you. I'm 33, but can empathize with much of what you've written. Even now. One thing that stands out for me is how *difficult* young adulthood is for many. Quite a few young people struggle with depression.

I've also come to see heavy bouts of depression / self-pity / loneliness / unhappiness with my life as being a form of Satanic attack. Some might argue that I'm over-spiritualizung things, but I don't think so.

Prayer to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and also to Mary have been massive helps to me. Forcing myself to pray *for* others when consumed by depression has helped the depression lift, so that I focus more on others, and less on my own feelings. Though a Catholic practice, and while you may not be Catholuc, praying the Rosary has helped and is helping me immensely. It is a blessing and life raft beyond words.

I hope this helps you. I'll be praying for you, too, friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My dear young brother in Christ....take this advice from an 80 y/o the really know what he's talking about (from both a personal and professional standpoint). FIND A BIBLE-BELIEVING CHURCH THAT IS VERY WELCOMING AND JOIN IN WITH THE OTHER YOUTH....REALLY! And read and believe what God says about loving you (and He really LIKES you too, no matter what you do or will do if you believe that Jesus is God's son and accept Him as your LORD and SAVIOR!! You will never, ever, regret it and you'll remember that you heard this from an ancient but wise man! May God RICHLY bless you!!!!
nutsofacto (doclaire@hotmail.com).

Reactions: blossom15
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you feel so alone. I think it is very normal to feel alone and sad during times of change; especially relationships moving far away. I go through feeling alone myself. I think Jesus felt very alone that night in the end praying while the others fell asleep. I don't have the answers, but I wanted to write and tell you that I care. (hug)

Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks

Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please scroll down and re-read my first post to to you...if you are still having a bad time I'll bet you that you didn't follow the guidance that I would have given even my own son! I sincerely hope and will pray that you reconsider this course toward life-saving joy and peace!!!!! nutsofacto (doclaire@hotmail.com)

Upvote 0