All that the Father give me will come to me.

Bob corrigan

May 3, 2022
San Antonio
✟30,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Divorced
Even Armenians understand that not all people will come to Christ. The majority won't. This fact is shown over and over again in Scripture.

John 3: 19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness instead of the light because their works are evil. For every person who does evil hates the light (Since Jesus is "light," it means they hate Jesus), nor will come to the light...

But, those who are sheep always go to the light.
John 3:21 But he that does the truth cometh to the light...

John 18:37... Everyone that is of the truth hears my voice.

John 8:47 He that is of God hears God's words. You (Pharisees and scribes) do not hear God's words because you are not of God.

John 10:26-27 But you don't believe because you are not one of my sheep, as I have already told you, 'My sheep hear my voice...

So, one of the differences between sheep and goats is that the sheep come to Jesus and come to the Light, and the goats won't. In the 17th chapter of John, we see another distinguishing characteristic between sheep and goats. Jesus is not just speaking of those who come to him, but why they come to Jesus. Jesus talks of those whom "God has given to Jesus."

John 17:1-24

vs 2...that he should give eternal life to as many as THOU HAS GIVEN HIM.

vs 6 I have made known your name unto the men which YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME out of the world. They were yours and YOU GAVE THEM TO ME...

vs 9 I only pray for them. I do not pray for all of the people in the world, only for those which you HAVE GIVEN TO ME. They are yours.

vs 11...Holy Father, keep them through your own name those whom you HAVE GIVEN TO ME...

vs 24...whom you HAVE GIVEN TO ME... WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN ME...

After seeing these verses first, John 6:37 has much more impact, ALL THAT THE FATHER GIVE ME WILL COME TO ME. Let that sink in! Every single person that God has given to Jesus, WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT, COME TO JESUS!

John 10:29 My Father, which GAVE THEM TO ME...

So, according to the words of Jesus, a believer is a person who will come to Christ IF AND ONLY IF that person has been given to Jesus first. Or, to hear the voice of Jesus, one must already be a sheep. How about

John 6:44-45 No man can come to me EXCEPT THE FATHER...DRAW HIM. It is written in the prophets, "All (sheep) will be taught by God. Every man who has heard and been taught of God COMES UNTO ME.

6:65 Therefore I said unto you, "THAT NO MAN CAN COME UNTO TO ME EXCEPT IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FATHER.

These two traditions of men, "Whomsoever will, let him come," and "Whosoever will, may come" are not found in Scripture. The Greek word for "whosoever" is opoiosdipote and "whomsoever" would be opoion. Neither of these Greek words is found in Greek texts! Where the translations use "whosoever" in John 3:16 are mistranslating what is in the text. In John 3:16 the Greek reads pas ho, which means "the all." Not all people but "as many as." Just as Rom 8:28 reads "the called," indicating a specific group of people, not all people.

When a believer is physically born, they are already born as a sheep. They have certain predispositions in place and they will read, hear, understand and obey God's word, when God opens their eyes and ears to the truth. They don't have to be "convinced," "persuaded," or "begged" into believing something in Scripture. They don't need to be asked, "if you died tonight, where would you spend eternity," or, threatened with "hell fire."
Whenever I come across a sheep, and God has decided to open their eyes to the truth, it is so simple. I just show them two or three verses and Poof! THEY GET IT! They SEE IT, BELIEVE IT, AND ACCEPT IT AS TRUTH I don't have to do any convincing, just explain things and define words. I can't tell you what a thrill it is for me when I come across sheep! To see their eyes of understanding opened is wonderful to behold!

Reactions: Clare73

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟134,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Even Armenians understand that not all people will come to Christ. The majority won't. This fact is shown over and over again in Scripture.

John 3: 19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness instead of the light because their works are evil. For every person who does evil hates the light (Since Jesus is "light," it means they hate Jesus), nor will come to the light...

But, those who are sheep always go to the light.
John 3:21 But he that does the truth cometh to the light...

John 18:37... Everyone that is of the truth hears my voice.

John 8:47 He that is of God hears God's words. You (Pharisees and scribes) do not hear God's words because you are not of God.

John 10:26-27 But you don't believe because you are not one of my sheep, as I have already told you, 'My sheep hear my voice...

So, one of the differences between sheep and goats is that the sheep come to Jesus and come to the Light, and the goats won't. In the 17th chapter of John, we see another distinguishing characteristic between sheep and goats. Jesus is not just speaking of those who come to him, but why they come to Jesus. Jesus talks of those whom "God has given to Jesus."

John 17:1-24

vs 2...that he should give eternal life to as many as THOU HAS GIVEN HIM.

vs 6 I have made known your name unto the men which YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME out of the world. They were yours and YOU GAVE THEM TO ME...

vs 9 I only pray for them. I do not pray for all of the people in the world, only for those which you HAVE GIVEN TO ME. They are yours.

vs 11...Holy Father, keep them through your own name those whom you HAVE GIVEN TO ME...

vs 24...whom you HAVE GIVEN TO ME... WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN ME...

After seeing these verses first, John 6:37 has much more impact, ALL THAT THE FATHER GIVE ME WILL COME TO ME. Let that sink in! Every single person that God has given to Jesus, WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT, COME TO JESUS!

John 10:29 My Father, which GAVE THEM TO ME...

So, according to the words of Jesus, a believer is a person who will come to Christ IF AND ONLY IF that person has been given to Jesus first. Or, to hear the voice of Jesus, one must already be a sheep. How about

John 6:44-45 No man can come to me EXCEPT THE FATHER...DRAW HIM. It is written in the prophets, "All (sheep) will be taught by God. Every man who has heard and been taught of God COMES UNTO ME.

6:65 Therefore I said unto you, "THAT NO MAN CAN COME UNTO TO ME EXCEPT IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FATHER.

These two traditions of men, "Whomsoever will, let him come," and "Whosoever will, may come" are not found in Scripture. The Greek word for "whosoever" is opoiosdipote and "whomsoever" would be opoion. Neither of these Greek words is found in Greek texts! Where the translations use "whosoever" in John 3:16 are mistranslating what is in the text. In John 3:16 the Greek reads pas ho, which means "the all." Not all people but "as many as." Just as Rom 8:28 reads "the called," indicating a specific group of people, not all people.

When a believer is physically born, they are already born as a sheep. They have certain predispositions in place and they will read, hear, understand and obey God's word, when God opens their eyes and ears to the truth. They don't have to be "convinced," "persuaded," or "begged" into believing something in Scripture. They don't need to be asked, "if you died tonight, where would you spend eternity," or, threatened with "hell fire."
Whenever I come across a sheep, and God has decided to open their eyes to the truth, it is so simple. I just show them two or three verses and Poof! THEY GET IT! They SEE IT, BELIEVE IT, AND ACCEPT IT AS TRUTH I don't have to do any convincing, just explain things and define words. I can't tell you what a thrill it is for me when I come across sheep! To see their eyes of understanding opened is wonderful to behold!
Jesus mentions two kinds of drawing in the book of John
  1. The pre-Calvary Father drawing of OT believers to His Son in John 6:35-45.
  2. The post-Calvary Jesus drawing of all men to Himself in John 12:32.

Pre-Calvary drawing by the Father​

Jesus references the Father’s pre-Calvary Ingathering of the true worshippers of God in Israel, that is, people like Nathanael who was a faithful, believing Jew (John 1:47-51), for the purpose of contradicting the claims of His critics who argued that all true disciples of Moses were necessarily compelled to act against Him.

Who is the Father giving (John 10:37), drawing (John 10:44) and granting (John 10:65) to come to Christ?

(a) Calvinism: Unbelieving “dead rebel sinners” and “total haters of God” who happen to be elect, and on that account are regenerated from being reprobates into saints.​
or​
(b) Non-Calvinism: Old Covenant believers who “believed Moses” (John 5:46), who had “heard and learned from the Father” (John 6:45), who are “willing to do His will” (John 7:17) and whose “father“ is “God.” (John 8:42), to go from being the Father’s faithful followers to Jesus’ followers.​

Post-Calvary drawing by the Son​

Jesus did not meet the Jew’s messianic expectations of a warring conqueror, and moreover, Jesus’ use of parables would still reveal truth to those who wanted it and who were willing to submit themselves to God. Nevertheless, Jesus was pointing to a future time after Calvary that He would draw everyone, Jew and Gentile alike. This is partly evidenced in the fact that after Calvary even those who crucified Jesus were being convicted, and who asked how they too could be saved.

Acts 2:36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”​

Furthermore, the fact that “all men” at John 12:32 meant everyone, and not just Calvinism’s elect, is evidenced at John 12:47 in terms of “the world.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus mentions two kinds of drawing in the book of John
  1. The pre-Calvary Father drawing of OT believers to His Son in John 6:35-45.
  2. The post-Calvary Jesus drawing of all men to Himself in John 12:32.

Pre-Calvary drawing by the Father​

Jesus references the Father’s pre-Calvary Ingathering of the true worshippers of God in Israel, that is, people like Nathanael who was a faithful, believing Jew (John 1:47-51), for the purpose of contradicting the claims of His critics who argued that all true disciples of Moses were necessarily compelled to act against Him.

Who is the Father giving (John 10:37), drawing (John 10:44) and granting (John 10:65) to come to Christ?

(a) Calvinism: Unbelieving “dead rebel sinners” and “total haters of God” who happen to be elect, and on that account are regenerated from being reprobates into saints.​
or​
(b) Non-Calvinism: Old Covenant believers who “believed Moses” (John 5:46), who had “heard and learned from the Father” (John 6:45), who are “willing to do His will” (John 7:17) and whose “father“ is “God.” (John 8:42), to go from being the Father’s faithful followers to Jesus’ followers.​

Post-Calvary drawing by the Son​

Jesus did not meet the Jew’s messianic expectations of a warring conqueror, and moreover, Jesus’ use of parables would still reveal truth to those who wanted it and who were willing to submit themselves to God. Nevertheless, Jesus was pointing to a future time after Calvary that He would draw everyone, Jew and Gentile alike. This is partly evidenced in the fact that after Calvary, even those who crucified Jesus were being convicted, and who asked how they too could be saved.

Acts 2: 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”​

Furthermore, the fact that “all men” at John 12:32 meant everyone, and not just Calvinism’s elect, is evidenced at John 12:47 in terms of “the world.”
Nicely done John !

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The post-Calvary Jesus drawing of all men to Himself in John 12:32.
Cambridge Bible Commentary explains, "Man’s will is free; he can refuse to be drawn: and there is no violence; the attraction is moral."

Ellicott's Commentary has, "the promise is fulfilled even in the case of those who resist the Holy Spirit’s influence. They are drawn by the moral power of the life and death and resurrection of Christ brought home to them by the Holy Ghost; but no moral power can compel a will which is free."

• Agree
Reactions: John Mullally
Upvote 0