Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus for working on the Sabbath? Are you a follower of Christ, or needing to stone people for working on Saturday because you think that is required by scripture? Why did the chief priests want Jesus executed? They claimed Jesus did Sabbath desecration and blasphemy. They cited the Torah as their justification for killing him as if it contained no errors. Within forty years the Roman army laid siege to Jerusalem, their temple was destroyed, Jerusalem was burned, Jewish people in Jerusalem were killed or captured and led into Roman slavery. This was not good. It happened to a rebellious people.
Because they misunderstood the law.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Scholars and Science....sounds inspired. Thanks for sharing, now move on.
I thank my God Most High that I know very little about science, doctrine, theology, or traditions. When I gave my heart to Yeshua I realized everything I thought I knew was a lie. I would rather study my Bible, then any of those subjects. The Holy Spirit Himself shall teach you.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Yahuvah gave Moses a commandment and instructions for receiving and gathering manna, the bread from heaven.
Exodus 16:4. Then the LORD said to Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you. And the people shall go out and gather a certain quota every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in My instructions(towrah) or not.

Exodus 16:16. This is the thing which the LORD has commanded (tsavah): Let every man gather it according to each one’s need, one omer for each person, according to the number of persons; let every man take for those who are in his tent.

Exodus 16:35. And the children of Israel ate manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

Joshua 5:12. Then the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year.
After 40 years, the manna ceased.
There is no longer a command (mitzvah) to gather, for it has ceased.
To what purpose then is there to have this Towrah?
The manna is Towrah, because it continues to instruct us in the Way of Righteousness.
Even when there is no functional command (mitzvah) to execute,
the Towrah continues as instruction.

Exodus 16:28. And the LORD said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments (mitzvah) and My instructions (towrah)?

Why are you talking about manna that one may eat and be hungry again?
Gods command is to believe in the Son.

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34“Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

35Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting. I point to it continually; and when I do, it would seem that you start waving your arms in distraction.

Why is that even when I agree with you; it turns into a debate?
I don't think you make anything as clear as the sky above. That is why most of your posts result in a nearly endless debate. "If I am waving my arms in distraction", it is to say that if you were making your point, you would silence those who oppose you. Yet, every post evolves into the same arguments, the same database of scriptures. It is like the same arguments under a different title. Over and over.
Yes, we do find agreement on some things. I just rarely hear mention of the Holy Spirit, compared to "The book of the Law."
When Yeshua said "On this hangs the Law and the prophets."
Was He separating the Law of Moses from the prophets, or putting them on even footing?
No one is authorized to burn a witch, or stone a child who strikes their parent.
But knowing the Law and the testimony shows how the Father feels about these things.
That is not to be under the Law, it is to pursue righteousness in the power of the Holy Spirit, to fulfill the Father's exacting demands and condemnation of the sin nature. I think you might agree with that.
I just don't think you make that as clear as the sky above in your arguments.
Can anyone attain to the Beatitudes without the Holy Spirit? No way!
Can anyone attain to them without the Law? With just the New Testament?
Your testimony today is that my post was obvious to you. If you would use that obviousness, what Paul calls the simplicity of the Gospel, you would dispel the arguments. I pray for this anointing on your ministry, in Spirit and in Truth.
Luke 21:15. For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why are you talking about manna that one may eat and be hungry again?
Gods command is to believe in the Son.

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34“Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

35Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty
2 Corinthians 8:15. As it is written, “He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack.
Again, Paul is using the narrative to teach lessons. That is the point of this thread.

2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Yeshua was using the same narrative to teach "I Am the bread of life". His audience knew what He was referencing. We know and understand also because we read the Bible. That's why we can talk about it.
That He gives life from above, not like the manna in the wilderness. The narrative of Israel in the wilderness used as a parable to teach the Gospel of the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
Many do not understand how, or refuse to believe that, Jews used the language of cosmic collapse as a metaphor for sociopolitical change: such texts were never intended to be taken literally.

Example: Isaiah writes:

10For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not flash forth their light;
The sun will be dark when it rises
And the moon will not shed its light

What was going on? Look at the context - Babylon was being destroyed, never to be rebuilt. No stars fell. And the moon was not darkened.

More evidence for this line of reasoning can be provided. But the bottom line for the present discussion is this: when Jesus says that the Law will last until "heaven and earth pass away", he is not necessarily declaring the Law of Moses will last until heaven and earth literally pass away.

Our opponents in this discussion will no doubt protest with great vigour. But the evidence is there: this language is very likely not to be taken literally.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The sin that Jesus speaks of in this verse doesn't speak of sin in general but speaks of a sin that the Iraelites are speaking of in this case the sin of adulutery. So Jesus in this vers is refering to a sin the Israelites are accusing the woman of, and hence they accuse her of adultery, Jesus ultimately says 'who is without the sin of which you accuse this woman of (adultery) let him first cast the stone'

As I posted earlier, the story about the woman caught in adultery is not in the earliest manuscripts. It was most probably added later.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yet, every post evolves into the same arguments, the same database of scriptures. It is like the same arguments under a different title. Over and over.

Yep. The rebellion runs deep. The enemy continues to attempt to extinguish YHWH's perfect Torah.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, for once, the WHOLE sentence that begins in 2 Tim 3:16 could be provided ... because it gives what Paul at least, considered to the ultimate purpose of the inspired scriptures:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The enemy continues to attempt to extinguish YHWH's perfect Torah.
Let em try...2 Corinthians 13:8. For we can do nothing against the Truth, but for the Truth.
Hallelujah! The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I wouldn't have used that example.

There isn't much that isn't simple in comparison to Paul's words.

You just have to be more simple yourself. You are a complex man.:)

1 Corinthians 1:
26 For you are observing your calling, brethren, that there are not many wise according to the flesh; not many powerful, not many noble,
27 but the stupidity of the world God chooses, that He may be disgracing the wise, and the weakness of the world God chooses, that He may be disgracing the strong,
28 and the ignoble and the contemptible things of the world God chooses, and that which is not, that He may be discarding that which is,
29 so that no flesh at all should be boasting in God's sight.
[Paul teaching on Jeremiah 9:23, 24.]

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Let em try...2 Corinthians 13:8. For we can do nothing against the Truth, but for the Truth.
Hallelujah! The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth!

Ps 119:142
Your righteousness is eonian righteousness, And Your Torah is truth.

Hallelu YAH!

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You just have to be more simple yourself. You are a complex man.:)

So would you say that Peter was a complex man?

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

He does say 'some things' but he was clever enough to understand where the problem lied: with them that are unlearned and unstable wrest.
The 'difficult' things are what I find to be what most people don't want to believe.
My experience over decades is that the more my heart is pure and I am sanctified, the more obvious things become. My most famous quote:
"How did I not see that before now?"
We have met the enemy, and it be us.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He does say 'some things' but he was clever enough to understand where the problem lied: with them that are unlearned and unstable wrest.
The 'difficult' things are what I find to be what most people don't want to believe.
My experience over decades is that the more my heart is pure and I am sanctified, the more obvious things become. My most famous quote:
"How did I not see that before now?"
We have met the enemy, and it be us.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

What does that have to do with the question? I was looking for a simple answer; but the discussion keeps shifting without resolution.

Upvote 0