Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Yahuvah gave Moses a commandment and instructions for receiving and gathering manna, the bread from heaven.
Exodus 16:4. Then the LORD said to Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you. And the people shall go out and gather a certain quota every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in My instructions(towrah) or not.

Exodus 16:16. This is the thing which the LORD has commanded (tsavah): Let every man gather it according to each one’s need, one omer for each person, according to the number of persons; let every man take for those who are in his tent.

Exodus 16:35. And the children of Israel ate manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

Joshua 5:12. Then the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year.
After 40 years, the manna ceased.
There is no longer a command (mitzvah) to gather, for it has ceased.
To what purpose then is there to have this Towrah?
The manna is Towrah, because it continues to instruct us in the Way of Righteousness.
Even when there is no functional command (mitzvah) to execute,
the Towrah continues as instruction.

Exodus 16:28. And the LORD said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments (mitzvah) and My instructions (towrah)?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you condone stoning adulterers to death?
Did you read the entire post? The point is that even when we don't follow such commands, they remain as instruction in righteousness. We don't have to stone adulterers to comprehend how God feels about adultery. We do have to not commit adultery, or we may face something far worse than stoning.
Matthew 18:8. If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Yahuvah gave Moses a commandment and instructions for receiving and gathering manna, the bread from heaven.
Exodus 16:4. Then the LORD said to Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you. And the people shall go out and gather a certain quota every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in My instructions(towrah) or not.

Exodus 16:16. This is the thing which the LORD has commanded (tsavah): Let every man gather it according to each one’s need, one omer for each person, according to the number of persons; let every man take for those who are in his tent.

Exodus 16:35. And the children of Israel ate manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

Joshua 5:12. Then the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year.
The manna is Towrah, because it continues to instruct us in the Way of Righteousness.

Exodus 16:28. And the LORD said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments (mitzvah) and My instructions (towrah)?
There is much in the Old Testament that teaches us righteousness. Thank you for the reminder. We are lucky to have the ability to go back and read historical events of the chosen people. Now with the New Covenant the law is written in our hearts and Love is the new command from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This love is through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Be blessed and stay healthy.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You might want to get inline behind Job and voice your objections to God, i am sure you will not fare much better.

“Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Wouldn't it be more like heaven to live in a adultery free nation? Do you suppose that such deadly wickedness will be going on before YHWH's throne?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Wouldn't it be more like heaven to live in a adultery free nation? Do you suppose that such deadly wickedness will be going on before YHWH's throne?
The point of the thread is to receive instruction in righteousness from the Law, even when we don't live under a government that enforces those standards. As I responded to the question:
The point is that even when we don't follow such commands, they remain as instruction in righteousness. We don't have to stone adulterers to comprehend how God feels about adultery. We do have to not commit adultery, or we may face something far worse than stoning.
Matthew 18:8. If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
As to your question, I know you are being rhetorical, but here in an answer all the same.
Isaiah 33:14. The sinners in Zion are afraid;
Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites:
“Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire?
Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”

What do you think?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Moses declared drinking blood to be a sin. People received transfusions after surgery, gunshot wounds and accidents. This is acceptable procedure to be infused with the blood of another. Jesus gave bread and wine at the last supper. He was supposed to have said the bread was his body and the wine was his blood. Elsewhere he said his food was to do the will of his father. Do you think eating red meat is much different from drinking blood or are parts of the Torah superstitious?

• Informative
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟83,931.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jesus when on Earth changed the Mosaic law. He kept some things, He changed some things, but the Mosaic law no longer applies. Why did He change the Mosaic law? Because it was weak. From what? It was insufficient, the sacrifices were not sufficient enough, only the sacrifice of the Holy Lamb in the name of Jesus was sufficient enough to remove all of the sins. But remember who was the only tribe who could bring sacrifices to God in the Old Testament? Levites. But Jesus wasn't a Levite, He was from a tribe of Judah, therefore He could not sacrifice. That's why the Mosaic law had to be abolished. And because Jesus is God He can change the law. He did act as a High Priest when we was here on Earth, and He still is. That's why the sacrifices don't mean anything anymore. If you want to please God, repent and follow Jesus, and allow the Spirit to do the works through you.

I want to emphasise that Jesus only changed the Mosaic law, not the covenants of God, not the promises, they always remain unchanged until the eternity. The covenants of Israel still remain, they are still an adopted child of God, even when they rebel God still loves them. But they still have to repent and accept Jesus as God and their Saviour. Christians haven't replaced Israelites as adopted child of God, we rather have been added to them. The parable of prodigal son is indeed about Israel.

If you want to know what Jesus changed about the Mosaic law read the sermon on the mount. However, one still remains, and that is the first commandment, that will never change.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟83,931.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wouldn't it be more like heaven to live in a adultery free nation?

When Jesus said in John 8 “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” - the sin in this verse is not a right translation, the word is adultery so correctly it is “He that is without adultery among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” But this not mean Spiritual adultery against God, it doesn't mean that, it means adultery between two people, for when you are married and you think about another person even for 2 seconds and imagine something you shouldn't have, you have committed adultery. That's why none of the Jews cast stones at the woman because their own conscience accused them of adultery. So yeah I believe all adults who ever been in a relationship committed this sin.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Moses declared drinking blood to be a sin. People received transfusions after surgery, gunshot wounds and accidents. This is acceptable procedure to be infused with the blood of another. Jesus gave bread and wine at the last supper. He was supposed to have said the bread was his body and the wine was his blood. Elsewhere he said his food was to do the will of his father. Do you think eating red meat is much different from drinking blood or are parts of the Torah superstitious?
The concerns are much more than dietary.
Genesis 9:
4 Yea, only flesh with its soul, its blood, you shall not eat.
5 Yea, and your blood for your souls I will require. From the hand of every living animal will I require it, and from the hand of humanity. From the hand of a man's brother I will require the soul of a human.
6 The shedder of the blood of a human, by a human his blood shall be shed, for in the image of the Elohim has He made humanity.
This may beyond our comprehension, but the Word is that blood defiles the land. Man or beast.
Innocent blood is of a particular offense, that must be requited, hence the bloodshed of Revelation. It is a cleansing of the land.
Deuteronomy 19:10. That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus when on Earth changed the Mosaic law. He kept some things, He changed some things,

Deuteronomy 13
CLV(i) 1 In case there arises a prophet or a dreamer of dreams among you, and he gives to you a sign or a miracle, 2 and the sign or the miracle comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying:Let us go after other elohim (whom you have not known), and let us serve them, 3 you shall not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams because Yahweh your Elohim is probing you to know whether you are loving Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 After Yahweh your Elohim shall you go, and Him shall you fear; His instructions shall you observe, and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve, and to Him shall you cling. 5 Then that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death because he spoke of defection from Yahweh your Elohim (the One bringing you forth from the country of Egypt and the One ransoming you from the house of servants) so as to induce you from the way in which Yahweh your Elohim has instructed you to walk. Hence eradicate the evil from among you. 6 In case your brother, the son of your father, or the son of your mother or your son or your daughter or the wife of your bosom or your associate who is as your own soul should incite you in concealment, saying:Let us go, and let us serve other elohim (whom you have not known, you or your fathers, 7 of the elohim of the peoples who are around you, those near to you or those far from you, from one end of the land to the other end of the land). 8 neither shall you comply with him, nor shall you hearken to him; neither shall your eye commiserate over him, nor shall you spare him; and you shall not cover up for him. 9 For you shall kill, yea kill him. Your hand shall be among the first against him to put him to death, and the hand of all the people thereafter. 10 You will stone him with stones so that he dies, for he sought to induce you away from Yahweh your Elohim, the One bringing you forth from the country of Egypt, from the house of servants. 11 Thus all Israel shall hearken and fear, and they shall not again do anything like this evil thing among you. 12 In case you hear it said of one of your cities which Yahweh your Elohim is giving to you to dwell there, 13 that men, sons of decadence, have gone forth from among you and induced the dwellers of their city, saying:Let us go, and let us serve other elohim (whom you have not known), 14 then you will inquire, investigate and ask diligently. And behold, if the truth of the matter is being established that this abhorrence was done among you, 15 then you shall smite, yea smite the dwellers of that city with the edge of the sword. Doom it, all those who are in it and its domestic beasts, with the edge of the sword. 16 All its loot shall you get together to the middle of its square, and you will burn the city with fire and all its loot as a holocaust to Yahweh your Elohim. It will become an eonian barrow; it shall not be built again. 17 Nothing whatsoever shall cling to your hand from the doomed loot so that Yahweh may turn back from the heat of His anger and be compassionate to you. He will show you compassion and cause you to increase, just as He had sworn to your fathers, 18 provided that you shall hearken to the voice of Yahweh your Elohim to observe all His instructions which I am enjoining on you today, to do what is upright and good in the eyes of Yahweh your Elohim.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus said in John 8 “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” - the sin in this verse is not a right translation, the word is adultery so correctly it is “He that is without adultery among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” But this not mean Spiritual adultery against God, it doesn't mean that, it means adultery between two people, for when you are married and you think about another person even for 2 seconds and imagine something you shouldn't have, you have committed adultery. That's why none of the Jews cast stones at the woman because their own conscience accused them of adultery. So yeah I believe all adults who ever been in a relationship committed this sin.

Fake story:

Jesus and the woman taken in adultery - Wikipedia

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus when on Earth changed the Mosaic law. He kept some things, He changed some things, but the Mosaic law no longer applies. Why did He change the Mosaic law? Because it was weak. From what? It was insufficient, the sacrifices were not sufficient enough, only the sacrifice of the Holy Lamb in the name of Jesus was sufficient enough to remove all of the sins. But remember who was the only tribe who could bring sacrifices to God in the Old Testament? Levites. But Jesus wasn't a Levite, He was from a tribe of Judah, therefore He could not sacrifice. That's why the Mosaic law had to be abolished. And because Jesus is God He can change the law. He did act as a High Priest when we was here on Earth, and He still is. That's why the sacrifices don't mean anything anymore. If you want to please God, repent and follow Jesus, and allow the Spirit to do the works through you.

I want to emphasise that Jesus only changed the Mosaic law, not the covenants of God, not the promises, they always remain unchanged until the eternity. The covenants of Israel still remain, they are still an adopted child of God, even when they rebel God still loves them. But they still have to repent and accept Jesus as God and their Saviour. Christians haven't replaced Israelites as adopted child of God, we rather have been added to them. The parable of prodigal son is indeed about Israel.

If you want to know what Jesus changed about the Mosaic law read the sermon on the mount. However, one still remains, and that is the first commandment, that will never change.

The point of this OP is how all the testimony of the Bible is for our instruction in righteousness. Even Levitical law that deals with an old system of animal sacrifices instructs us in regards to the heart of the Father in His judgment of sin, and the precise nature of obedience required.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The point of the thread is to receive instruction in righteousness from the Law, even when we don't live under a government that enforces those standards. As I responded to the question:
The point is that even when we don't follow such commands, they remain as instruction in righteousness. We don't have to stone adulterers to comprehend how God feels about adultery. We do have to not commit adultery, or we may face something far worse than stoning.
As to your question, I know you are being rhetorical, but here in an answer all the same.
Isaiah 33:14. The sinners in Zion are afraid;
Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites:
“Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire?
Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”

What do you think?

So you're denying the Holy Spirit? The OT law directs our behavior from the outside; the Holy Spirit directs us from within. It is the basis of Christianity.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Deuteronomy 13
CLV(i) 1 In case there arises a prophet or a dreamer of dreams among you, and he gives to you a sign or a miracle, 2 and the sign or the miracle comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying:Let us go after other elohim (whom you have not known), and let us serve them, 3 you shall not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams because Yahweh your Elohim is probing you to know whether you are loving Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 After Yahweh your Elohim shall you go, and Him shall you fear; His instructions shall you observe, and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve, and to Him shall you cling. 5 Then that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death because he spoke of defection from Yahweh your Elohim (the One bringing you forth from the country of Egypt and the One ransoming you from the house of servants) so as to induce you from the way in which Yahweh your Elohim has instructed you to walk. Hence eradicate the evil from among you. 6 In case your brother, the son of your father, or the son of your mother or your son or your daughter or the wife of your bosom or your associate who is as your own soul should incite you in concealment, saying:Let us go, and let us serve other elohim (whom you have not known, you or your fathers, 7 of the elohim of the peoples who are around you, those near to you or those far from you, from one end of the land to the other end of the land). 8 neither shall you comply with him, nor shall you hearken to him; neither shall your eye commiserate over him, nor shall you spare him; and you shall not cover up for him. 9 For you shall kill, yea kill him. Your hand shall be among the first against him to put him to death, and the hand of all the people thereafter. 10 You will stone him with stones so that he dies, for he sought to induce you away from Yahweh your Elohim, the One bringing you forth from the country of Egypt, from the house of servants. 11 Thus all Israel shall hearken and fear, and they shall not again do anything like this evil thing among you. 12 In case you hear it said of one of your cities which Yahweh your Elohim is giving to you to dwell there, 13 that men, sons of decadence, have gone forth from among you and induced the dwellers of their city, saying:Let us go, and let us serve other elohim (whom you have not known), 14 then you will inquire, investigate and ask diligently. And behold, if the truth of the matter is being established that this abhorrence was done among you, 15 then you shall smite, yea smite the dwellers of that city with the edge of the sword. Doom it, all those who are in it and its domestic beasts, with the edge of the sword. 16 All its loot shall you get together to the middle of its square, and you will burn the city with fire and all its loot as a holocaust to Yahweh your Elohim. It will become an eonian barrow; it shall not be built again. 17 Nothing whatsoever shall cling to your hand from the doomed loot so that Yahweh may turn back from the heat of His anger and be compassionate to you. He will show you compassion and cause you to increase, just as He had sworn to your fathers, 18 provided that you shall hearken to the voice of Yahweh your Elohim to observe all His instructions which I am enjoining on you today, to do what is upright and good in the eyes of Yahweh your Elohim.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
A profound instruction in righteousness. We may not have the authority to stone false prophets, we can surely grasp and comprehend how serious the nature of presuming to speak in The Name. We are wisely advised to be slow to speak, and quick to listen.

• Agree
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

He changed what man had added to the Law, or what man reinterpreted of the Law.

The Law will be enforced perfectly, and judgment executed truthful and perfect, during the Millennium rein of The Messiah.

Unlike today under man's/satan's laws

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So you're denying the Holy Spirit? The OT law directs our behavior from the outside; the Holy Spirit directs us from within. It is the basis of Christianity.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟83,931.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What is a fake story? Are you really quoting wikipedia to me?

Are you saying that the “He that is without adultery among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” is fake? “He who is without sin” directly refers to (Deut. 13:9 and 17:7), where the witnesses of a crime are to start the execution. Only those who were not guilty of the same sin could participate. So Jesus in John 8:7 doesn't speak about sin in general, or any sin, but specifically about the sin of adultery thus He is ultimately saying 'who is without the sin of adultery, let him first cast the stone at her'

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A profound instruction in righteousness. We may not have the authority to stone false prophets, we can surely grasp and comprehend how serious the nature of presuming to speak in The Name. We are wisely advised to be slow to speak, and quick to listen.

The point is that Yahshua isn't going to tell us something that contradicts YHWH. If he did; then he wasn't who he claimed to be.

• Agree
Upvote 0