Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen. I have a saying that I sometimes use which goes like, "when I get it right, it's Holy Spirit speaking through me", and "when I get it wrong, it's just me". So much for humility, which is one of the reasons that God says that true believers are to fellowship one another and to edify (build each other up), that fellowship being built around Him.
Holy Spirit? I thought the KJ Bible leads and guides you into all your ?

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being as I explained that to you once before your referring to it again highlights another casualty of your being so full of your own reasoning. You don't retain what you are told so that you can later compare it to additional thoughts.

Yet God can and does furnish a sort of lower saviours, even right here in the flesh: Nehemiah 9:27 "Therefore gavest thou them over in to the hand of their enemies that vexed them. And in the time of their trouble they cried unto thee, and thou hardest them from heaven and thorow thy great mercy thou gavest them saviours, which helpe." These were all figures of Christ. Christ is the greater Cyrus.
Cyrus was used to foreshadow of Christ. But your desired belief that all were sorts of Melchizedeks is for your goal of trying to have evidence to support your belief that we existed prior to Genesis 2:7 as spirits and your reasoning is failing miserably due to that desired belief.

Those associate kings/priests are also shown in the book of Revelation 22:1-2 as trees of life dripping their waters to the nations from off of their leaves, water which they have absorbed by having their roots firmly down into the soil drawing water from the river of the water of life. They are as Proverbs 11:30 says. But you go beyond with inventions only you and those you confuse think you understand and then get puzzled at us who our not caught up with you in that deception.

There is no need nor excuse to go beyond as you do. We have all the illustrations we need already plainly given to us. Your so-called revealed wisdom which goes way beyond what is written is the evil one fanning your pride. And I am not saying that to be derogatory but to try to help you.
This is not my own reasoning it is scripture you reject.
Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion (the high places of Ruleship in the kingdom) to judge the mount of Esau (Flesh); and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Zion is the spiritual High place of God.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More on Zion and saviorS which you reject and call my it my own reasoning

Acts 15: 13-18 (ESV) 16 "'After this I will return,and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen;I will rebuild its ruins, and I will restore it 17 that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who are called by my name, says the Lord, who makes these things 18 known from of old.'

Acts 15: 13-18 (Message) James broke the silence. "Friends, listen. Simeon has told us the story of how God at the very outset made sure that racial outsiders were included. This is in perfect agreement with the words of the prophets: After this, I'm coming back; I'll rebuild David's ruined house; I'll put all the pieces together again; I'll make it look like new So outsiders who seek will find, so they'll have a place to come to, All the pagan peoples included in what I'm doing. "God said it and now he's doing it. It's no afterthought; he's always known he would do this

Acts 15: (Amp) 17So that the rest of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom My name has been invoked,

Acts 15: (HCSB) 17 so that those who are left of mankind may seek the Lord— even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does these things,

Acts 15: 17 (NIRV) Then the rest of the people can look to the Lord. This means all the non-Jews who belong to me. The Lord says this. He is the one who does these things.' —(Amos 9:11,12)

Now if the rest of men may seek the Lord, All the pagan peoples included in what I'm doing “, “ all the Gentiles , the “remainder of man kind are destroyed as you proclaim in the Lake of Devine Purging (Lake of Fire); then what about this promise.

Amos 9:1 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David (Zion/remnant/ firstfruits) that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (God's Spiritual temple)

12That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

13Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. (time frame)

14And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

15And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Acts 15: 13-18 (ESV) 16(A) "'After this I will return,and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen;I will rebuild its ruins, and I will restore it 17that the remnant of mankind(B) may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles(C) who are called by my name, says the Lord, who makes these things 18(D) known from of old.'

Acts 15: 13-18 (Message) James broke the silence. "Friends, listen. Simeon has told us the story of how God at the very outset made sure that racial outsiders were included. This is in perfect agreement with the words of the prophets: After this, I'm coming back; I'll rebuild David's ruined house; I'll put all the pieces together again; I'll make it look like new So outsiders who seek will find, so they'll have a place to come to, All the pagan peoples included in what I'm doing. "God said it and now he's doing it. It's no afterthought; he's always known he would do this

Acts 15: (Amp) 17So that the rest of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom My name has been invoked,

Acts 15: (HCSB) 17 so that those who are left of mankind may seek the Lord— even all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does these things,

Acts 15: 17 (NIRV) Then the rest of the people can look to the Lord. This means all the non-Jews who belong to me. The Lord says this. He is the one who does these things.' —(Amos 9:11,12)

Now if the rest of men may seek the Lord, All the pagan peoples included in what I'm doing “, “ all the Gentiles , the “remainder of man kind are destroyed as you proclaim in the Lake of Devine Purging (Lake of Fire); then what about this promise.

Latin Vulgate
15:17 ut requirant ceteri hominum Dominum et omnes gentes super quas invocatum est nomen meum dicit Dominus faciens haec

King James Version
15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

American Standard Version
15:17 That the residue of men may seek after the Lord, And all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called,

Bible in Basic English
15:17 So that the rest of men may make search for the Lord, and all the Gentiles on whom my name is named,

Darby's English Translation
15:17 so that the residue of men may seek out the Lord, and all the nations on whom my name is invoked, saith the Lord, who does these things

Douay Rheims
15:17 That the residue of men may seek after the Lord, and all nations upon whom my name is invoked, saith the Lord, who doth these things.

Noah Webster Bible
15:17 That the residue of men may seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Weymouth New Testament
15:17 In order that the rest of mankind may earnestly seek the Lord--even all the nations which are called by My name,'

World English Bible
15:17 That the rest of men may seek after the Lord; All the Gentiles who are called by my name, Says the Lord, who does all these things.

Young's Literal Translation
15:17 that the residue of men may seek after the Lord, and all the nations, upon whom My name hath been called, saith the Lord, who is doing all these things.

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible

That the residue of men - This verse is quoted literally from the Septuagint, and differs in some respects from the Hebrew. The phrase, “the residue of men,” here is evidently understood, both by the Septuagint and by James, as referring to others than Jews, to the Gentiles the rest of the world - implying that many of them would be admitted to the friendship and favor of God. The

And all the Gentiles - Heb. all the pagan; that is, all who were not Jews. This was a clear prediction that other nations were to be favored with the true religion, and that without any mention of their conforming to the rites of the Jewish people.

Bibliography
Barnes, Albert. "Commentary on Acts 15:17". "Barnes' Notes on the New Testament". https:Acts 15 Commentary - Albert Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible. 1870.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
u
You know that it is the Holy Sprit and you have had enough conversations with me that you know that I've said that it is the Holy Spirit that leads, guides into all truth. The difference between you and I is I believe you need the Word (LOGOS) which is Christian foundation in conjunction with the Holy Spirit in order to get the entire truth. Whereas you receive what you perceive to be your truth from some "spirit guide" of yours who certainly is not the Holy Spirit of the Bible.

In addition to that, you have your 15 (or more) different Bibles in as well as your obscure commentaries. You refer to the "letter" which is used to identify the Old Testament Law but you fail to recognize that it is the Word in the New Testament and not the letter of the Old Testament to which Paul is referring to unlike as you surmise. Just another example of your lack of spiritual discernment sadly.

• Agree
Reactions: Buzz_B
Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
More proof your thoughts get you in trouble. :)

This is not my own reasoning it is scripture you reject.
Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion (the high places of Ruleship in the kingdom) to judge the mount of Esau (Flesh); and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Zion is the spiritual High place of God.
I have recognized they are saviours of sorts and even stated that plainly in a post a while back. But it is a stretch. They of themselves can save no one and you know that. God's spirit through them can when that spirit is applied in their lives as Christ applies it. Thus they become jointly with Christ the way. But no credit of their own. All credit to God and his Christ.

I have showed you about the tress of life which illustrate how they are able to be that but you accuse me of being the one doing the rejecting.

You are a piece of work indeed. The only question is whose piece of work. Lets not temp God who warned us about having saviours apart from him. He gave us his Son and it is his Son only that we are to recognize as God's annoited Savior. Anything beyond that is of the devil and the Antichrist spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
u
You know that it is the Holy Sprit and you have had enough conversations with me that you know that I've said that it is the Holy Spirit that leads, guides into all truth. The difference between you and I is I believe you need the Word (LOGOS) which is Christian foundation in conjunction with the Holy Spirit in order to get the entire truth. Whereas you receive what you perceive to be your truth from some "spirit guide" of yours who certainly is not the Holy Spirit of the Bible.

In addition to that, you have your 15 (or more) different Bibles in as well as your obscure commentaries. You refer to the "letter" which is used to identify the Old Testament Law but you fail to recognize that it is the Word in the New Testament and not the letter of the Old Testament to which Paul is referring to unlike as you surmise. Just another example of your lack of spiritual discernment sadly.
He has no real meat to offer, so he floods people away like the dragon did the woman in the wilderness at Rev 12. Then he complains he is not being answered and that this proves we cannot answer him.

LOL, Go figure. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More proof your thoughts get you in trouble. :)

I have recognized they are saviours of sorts and even stated that plainly in a post a while back. But it is a stretch. They of themselves can save no one and you know that. God's spirit through them can when that spirit is applied in their lives as Christ applies it. Thus they become jointly with Christ the way. But no credit of their own. All credit to God and his Christ.

I have showed you about the tress of life which illustrate how they are able to be that but you accuse me of being the one doing the rejecting.

You are a piece of work indeed. The only question is whose piece of work. Lets not temp God who warned us about having saviours apart from him. He gave us his Son and it is his Son only that we are to recognize as God's annoited Savior. Anything beyond that is of the devil and the Antichrist spirit.
HOGWASH.... You totally reject this verse and are stretching and spinning. Its not a stretch IT is Scripture. You are a piece of work to deny this verse and spin it.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He has no real meat to offer, so he floods people away like the dragon did the woman in the wilderness at Rev 12. Then he complains he is not being answered and that this proves we cannot answer him.

LOL, Go figure. :)
Or he talks about our religiosity, our carnality, how we observe the doctrine of men and how we misuse the letter and are false teachers and misquotes scripture all over the place. Unfortunate. The only thing I can figure is that it's either ignorance or intentional misguidance. I hope that it's just ignorance.

Edit: Almost forgot: when you don't agree he calls it "hogwash" and says you're "spinning", lol.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
u

Sorry the Holy Spirit is not allowed to reveal anything unless it fits in to your limited KJV. The letter is symbolic of all of God's Word old and New Testament and you are killing God's Word with you letter and rejecting the spiritual Word in its place.

The letter killeth
The spirit quicken or makes alive God wants a spiritual people not a carnal believer who trust a poorly translated book and rejects all thing spiritual. Show me where it says the KJV, is come, he will guide you into all truth

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or he talks about our religiosity, our carnality, how we observe the doctrine of men and how we misuse the letter and are false teachers and misquotes scripture all over the place. Unfortunate. The only thing I can figure is that it's either ignorance or intentional misguidance. I hope that it's just ignorance.

Edit: Almost forgot: when you don't agree he calls it "hogwash" and says you're "spinning", lol.
Again all you have is opinion I have scripture.
Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable (the destruction which consists of eternal misery in hell) heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry the Holy Spirit is not allowed to reveal anything unless it fits in to your limited KJV. The letter is symbolic of all of God's Word old and New Testament and you are killing God's Word with you letter and rejecting the spiritual Word in its place.
Forget about the King James, use whatever Bible you like, just don't use 15 of them and make sure you have a Strong's concordance to go along with it so you can get a proper interpretations to go with it. And yes, of course you need the Holy Spirit (not any or just any spirit that you insist on going to) and what ever that spirit is telling you better line up with the word of truth.

Soar Like and Eagle said:
The letter killeth
Yes it does, which is the Law of the Old Testament but not the Law of the New Testament which is the Law of Grace which you are so lucky to have.

The spirit quicken or makes alive God wants a spiritual people not a carnal believer who trust a poorly translated book and rejects all thing spiritual. Show me where it says the KJV, is come, he will guide you into all truth
For your information it is the Spirit which makes the Word come alive, otherwise all you have is letters written on a piece of paper. As I've said to you many times (which you continue to ignore) it is the Word (logos) combined with the Holy Spirit to know what's truth and what isn't but you think that all you need is some "unknown" spirit to lead you, sadly/ Well, that's ok if you wish to live that way, but stop trying to convince others by your constant insults. It's your choice. And for the 5th time, I trust the word (not the letter as you describe it) AND the Holy Sprit to reveal its truths. One without the other will not get you there (again I don't know how many times I've said this to you).
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come.
No one ever denied the above verse, so why do you keep posting it? Notice it says "He will guide you into all truth". Truth.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable (the destruction which consists of eternal misery in hell) heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
You know, to add to all your misgivings, you are a hypocrite too, you accuse others of just about all the things that you are guilty of.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know, to add to all your misgivings, you are a hypocrite too, you accuse others of just about all the things that you are guilty of.

And almost all the scripture you quote is misguided and misapplied, proof that the spirit you listen to is a fraud.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I just like quoting Scripture when someone attacks me their bias opinion it is more relevant.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forget about the King James, use whatever Bible you like, just don't use 15 of them and make sure you have a Strong's concordance to go along with it so you can get a proper interpretations to go with it. And yes, of course you need the Holy Spirit (not any or just any spirit that you insist on going to) and what ever that spirit is telling you better line up with the word of truth.

Yes it does, which is the Law of the Old Testament but not the Law of the New Testament which is the Law of Grace which you are so lucky to have.

For your information it is the Spirit which makes the Word come alive, otherwise all you have is letters written on a piece of paper. As I've said to you many times (which you continue to ignore) it is the Word (logos) combined with the Holy Spirit to know what's truth and what isn't but you think that all you need is some "unknown" spirit to lead you, sadly/ Well, that's ok if you wish to live that way, but stop trying to convince others by your constant insults. It's your choice. And for the 5th time, I trust the word (not the letter as you describe it) AND the Holy Sprit to reveal its truths. One without the other will not get you there (again I don't know how many times I've said this to you).

No one ever denied the above verse, so why do you keep posting it? Notice it says "He will guide you into all truth". Truth.
You are the one limiting god to your bias. Than why are you so against the spiritual word. Baby goat? You are so full of insults I just return your insults. You called me a false prophet and false teacher and I responded to your insult with Scripture. Bias opinions mean NOTHING.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Notice I to used Strongs.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are the one limiting god to your bias. Than why are you so against the spiritual word. Baby goat? You are so full of insults I just return your insults. You called me a false prophet and false teacher and I responded to your insult with Scripture. Bias opinions mean NOTHING.
I don't know who was the first to fling insults but I'm pretty sure it was you. And not only me, but anyone else who disagrees with your false doctrine. And if biased opinions mean nothing than I guess yours don't mean much. And as far the spirit is concerned, I'm not against it all, I'm just against yours which is not the Spirit of God. The true Spirit of God would not teach you false doctrine and instruct you to teach to others. It also point to the proper scriptures and have you attempt to "over spiritualize" in order to cover up your lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Soar Like and Eagle

Nov 25, 2017
Western NY
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who was the first to fling insults but I'm pretty sure it was you. And not only me, but anyone else who disagrees with your false doctrine. And if biased opinions mean nothing than I guess yours don't mean much. And as far the spirit is concerned, I'm not against it all, I'm just against yours which is not the Spirit of God. The true Spirit of God would not teach you false doctrine and instruct you to teach to others. It also point to the proper scriptures and have you attempt to "over spiritualize" in order to cover up your lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Notice I to used Strongs.
I'm glad you used Strong's. Now you just need to pick a version of the Bible (the one you believe to be most accurate) and try and stick to it.
I think I've done this before with you but I'm going to try one more time to explain this verse to you and give you it's proper interpretation and I'll do this by taken it apart and explaining the meaning of each part:

1)"There were false prophets among the people" the word "were" means past event (this is not to say that it does not say that it may exist in the present).
2)
"even as there shall be false teachers among you" Peter is talking to the church in Rome and he is referring to false teachers which are in Rome at the time who were attempting to corrupt the church. We can assume that this has carry up through the church unto this day.
3) What does he say next?
These false teachers "shall bring in damnable heresies" (will leave you comment out for now, although not debating it) and .... and bring upon themselves swift destruction". So I have a couple of things to say about this: first off, this is certainly truth (the word is the word of truth, I hope you have no problem with this and hope your spirit agrees) but where does it say who specifically these false teachers are what are teaching which is false and heresy?
They are denying the Lord that bought them.

So two questions:
1) How does one "deny the Lord" and
2) How (since you accuse me of being a "false teacher" and I guess a false prophet) how have I denied the Lord (either God or Jesus)? Even denying the Holy Spirit would not be enough (although don't deny even Him since I can't count the number of times that I've referred to Him in my posts? You do know that when you deny God's word you are denying Jesus (the Lord that bought you)? You need not reply if you don't want to. I'd prefer it that way rather than to hear your normal rhetoric and/or ad hominem attacks.

Upvote 0