Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm... :scratch:

I'm trying to decide when I want to go to AK to visit my mom and dad.

May28-June 4, or July 3- July 11. On one hand, I could use a vacation sooner rather than later, but on the other hand, if I were to go in July, I'd get a break from the miserable heat in the Midwest.

What to do, what to do...

Upvote 0
K

*karen*

Fellow Alaskan Here! :wave:
Hi Sara! (Dr/Sr. Schols[or whatever it is she is going by these days]) *slaps with large fish*
And Will-wait-for-Him! How's it going Josh....*glares@ Josh for not writing me*...

My, my, has this place grown since I was here! I use to be God Fixation, but have since forgotten my password. :D I was from the LBMB originaly. My Screen name was ~4-wheel chick~ :blush: That was what 3...4...years ago? My, my, have I changed :)
Ola to my Alaska peeps! How's the weather? *knowing smile*....

Upvote 0

AlaskanDan

AlaskanDan
Apr 1, 2004
Anchorage, AK
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey everyone, one more alaskan here, from anchorage, but currently residing in Hilo, HI (for the rest of the semester) going to college. Got a cabin in talkeetna. Went snowmachining there, about -20f and coming from Hawaii, that was freezing!!! I came back to hawaii later on, proud to say, i was the only one that had frost bite:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
AlaskanDan said:
Hey everyone, one more alaskan here, from anchorage, but currently residing in Hilo, HI (for the rest of the semester) going to college. Got a cabin in talkeetna. Went snowmachining there, about -20f and coming from Hawaii, that was freezing!!! I came back to hawaii later on, proud to say, i was the only one that had frost bite:p
Welcome to Christian Forums, Dan! :)

What are you going to school for? I think that going to school in Hawaii would be awesome. :)

Upvote 0

AlaskanDan

AlaskanDan
Apr 1, 2004
Anchorage, AK
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeah, i'm going to school for marine science here, it is supposed to be a good school for it (or so i hear), but in fact it really isnt, it is a rediculous school. I really dont like the town either, it is a real low class place, and i come from an upperclass neighborhood back in anchorage (HILLSIDE!!!!). But it also rains here like 270 inches a year, lots of rain. I spent spring break not being able to see the sun, not even an outline through the clouds...miserable rain, and a lot of it. Well, at least it is warm. Alaska is definately the best place i have ever lived, going back to APU for college in the fall, really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

CommonGround

While to that Rock I'm Clinging...
Feb 22, 2004
Iowa
✟15,149.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
AlaskanDan said:
Yeah, i'm going to school for marine science here, it is supposed to be a good school for it (or so i hear), but in fact it really isnt, it is a rediculous school. I really dont like the town either, it is a real low class place, and i come from an upperclass neighborhood back in anchorage (HILLSIDE!!!!). But it also rains here like 270 inches a year, lots of rain. I spent spring break not being able to see the sun, not even an outline through the clouds...miserable rain, and a lot of it. Well, at least it is warm. Alaska is definately the best place i have ever lived, going back to APU for college in the fall, really looking forward to it.

I used to live on Hillside, too. :) My parents still live there, near Huffman. :)

My mom graduated from APU 4 1/2 years ago, and she was pretty pleased with her education, although it was much more expensive than UAA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

applepowerpc

Hi guys,

Brand new member here. I'm getting married in July, and our honeymoon is Alaska. The ship arrives in Seward, and we're busing up to Anchorage to rent a car. I booked a couple nights in Wasilla and Willow, and planning to take a little day trip to Talkeetna and another 1/2 day to Portage.

If any of y'all (I'm Texan :D) want to brag on Alaska, I'm totally listening.
LIC,
apc

Upvote 0

AlaskanDan

AlaskanDan
Apr 1, 2004
Anchorage, AK
✟7,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Talkeetna is definately a fun place to go, i spend a ton of my time up there, and i love it, its like a second home to me. I dont know what you will be doing, but ther eis great fishing if you go on a charter (mahay's or tri river charters) or you can fly out of talkeetna and do some sight seeing around Mt.McKinley, there is (or at least used to be) a sightseeing plane tour that landed on ruth glacier at the base of the mountain. You will soon learn how much bigger Alaska is than Texas:D

Congrats on the marriage, and have fun in AK!!

Upvote 0
A

applepowerpc

Hey there, Dan,

I'm booking a flight over McKinley and landing on the glacier. Should be fun. Neither of us are big fishermen (fisherwomen :D ) though. Biggest fish I ever caught was perch. It seems cheaper just to buy fish at the outdoor Anchorage market anyway.

I'm not too sure what exactly to do in Talkeetna yet, other than fly and see Mt. McKinley.

blessings, :)
appc

Upvote 0