Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sara - Funny... I thought that the drive was supposed to take 8 hours. (My parents drove reaaaaally slow when I was a kid.) When I made the drive on my own, it took me a little under six hours. :eek: I guess I was driving a little fast. :)

Hi TCapp! :wave: I've never been to Skagway before. Is there anything fun to do there?

Upvote 0

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
You betcha. You could drive over to Dyea, and hike the Chilkoot Pass (takes a few days). Or ride on the White Pass and Yukon Route (narrow guage) railroad. Or ride the ferry to Juneau. Or just enjoy the scenery. It is so pretty. It is a small town, for sure, but not without opportunties. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sr. scholls

The dimmest of lights
May 4, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟1,934.00
Faith
Protestant
Heh, I've been very very close to Skagway--I used to live in Juneau, a few years ago they were talking about running a tunnel from Juneau into Skagway; woulda been nice too...but they decided against it because Juneau's economy pretty much rests on tourism. :) I'm been to Wrangell though, pathetically small! Lol..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.