Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a non stop ,earthquake swarm going on in Alaska beginning yesterday, in a somewhat strange place.

Jesus tells us there will be great earthquakes in divers places in Luke21.

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

God that created Heaven and earth has purpose for everything He created. Most know my life verse is “Job 37:13 He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy. “

That verse is about His creations and how He uses them. I was young when America took the Bible and prayer out of school in 1963. A few months later after they did that, the Great Alaskan Earthquake happened on March 1964 on Good Friday. I had just shared with a friend what if tribulation spoken of by Jesus in Matthew , Mark and Luke began in the 60s.

We are clueless about God on most things right now but His timing is not like ours. As I was writing this I was reminded on March 11 ,2011, also a Friday, a great earthquake happened right in front of many Nuclear Plants. Alaska was a 9.2 magnitude and Fukushima was a 9.1 and they both caused tsunamis.

I do not remember anything about the 1964 Alaska earthquake, I remember everything about the Fukushima earthquake. This was a time my eyes where being opened to Job 38 and God's nature.

In March 2011 after that quake the Lord gave me these words that are in my diary “beginning of the end.” Only God knows most things but we are shown at the Cross a Great Earthquake and at His Resurrection there was a Great Earthquake. Jesus tells us there will be great earthquakes in last days.

If you have any thoughts of trying to dismiss the signs and wonders as God call them , ask yourself why??? God showed His signs and wonders to Moses and Pharaoh in Exodus as well. Moses knew Who controlled such things , Pharaoh did not get it.

God could have left earthquakes out of His creations but He did not. He used them at the Cross , at the Resurrection and Jesus says He will use them again as a sign for us.

There has always been earthquakes , they are all though the Bible in terms like earth shook. Jesus tells us to watch and understand why those things happen in Matthew , Mar and Luke . All that has happened in less than a year since the August 2017 Eclipse, from Harvey , shootings , fires , volcanoes and much more , God has been showing us Job 37:13...

• Informative
Reactions: Richard T

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you have any thoughts of trying to dismiss the signs and wonders as God call them , ask yourself why???
I believe in signs & wonders and prophetic earthquakes. What I am waiting to see is a distinction between a prophetic earthquake vs. a standard-fare earthquake. (I grew up in southern California, after all.)

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you have any thoughts of trying to dismiss the signs and wonders as God call them , ask yourself why???

Because thousands of earthquakes happen in earthquake zones every year and nothing comes of them at all on a cosmic scale — just like all the rest of the disasters that happen around the world and have been happening before and since Jesus' time on earth. :rolleyes: o_O

If Christ himself tells us that not even the Son knows "that day or that hour" when "heaven and earth shall pass away", only the Father — which he does (Mark 13:32) — what right or ability does any mortal on earth have to speculate on these things?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...what right or ability does any mortal on earth have to speculate on these things?
He did include them as warning signs, so (when they are distinctive) that's what they'll be. And we are expected to acknowledge them...

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a non stop ,earthquake swarm going on in Alaska beginning yesterday, in a somewhat strange place.

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

God that created Heaven and earth has purpose for everything He created. Most know my life verse is “Job 37:13 He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy. “

That verse is about His creations and how He uses them. I was young when America took the Bible and prayer out of school in 1963. A few months later after they did that, the Great Alaskan Earthquake happened on March 1964 on Good Friday. I had just shared with a friend what if tribulation spoken of by Jesus in Matthew , Mark and Luke began in the 60s.

We are clueless about God on most things right now but His timing is not like ours. As I was writing this I was reminded on March 11 ,2011, also a Friday, a great earthquake happened right in front of many Nuclear Plants. Alaska was a 9.2 magnitude and Fukushima was a 9.1 and they both caused tsunamis.

I do not remember anything about the 1964 Alaska earthquake, I remember everything about the Fukushima earthquake. This was a time my eyes where being opened to Job 38 and God's nature.

In March 2011 after that quake the Lord gave me these words that are in my diary “beginning of the end.” Only God knows most things but we are shown at the Cross a Great Earthquake and at His Resurrection there was a Great Earthquake. Jesus tells us there will be great earthquakes in last days.

If you have any thoughts of trying to dismiss the signs and wonders as God call them , ask yourself why??? God showed His signs and wonders to Moses and Pharaoh in Exodus as well. Moses knew Who controlled such things , Pharaoh did not get it.

God could have left earthquakes out of His creations but He did not. He used them at the Cross , at the Resurrection and Jesus says He will use them again as a sign for us.

There has always been earthquakes , they are all though the Bible in terms like earth shook. Jesus tells us to watch and understand why those things happen in Matthew , Mar and Luke . All that has happened in less than a year since the August 2017 Eclipse, from Harvey , shootings , fires , volcanoes and much more , God has been showing us Job 37:13...

I don't yet see great earthquakes that stand out as abnormal, nor great signs in the heavens yet, but we do have a broader instruction from Him in Matthew 24 where He tells us to look to the whole of the tree. (btw, Job 38:2 is about what the 5 men have been saying; so we can't use any of the friends nor Elihu's wordings as being wisdom.)

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't yet see great earthquakes that stand out as abnormal, nor great signs in the heavens yet, but we do have a broader instruction from Him in Matthew 24 where He tells us to look to the whole of the tree. (btw, Job 38:2 is about what the 5 men have been saying; so we can't use any of the friends nor Elihu's wordings as being wisdom.)

They saw one in 1964 and 2011 but no we have not seen here since.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They saw one in 1964 and 2011 but no we have not seen here since.
These could count as great, but because they are only on the border between strong and great, it's more subtle than I expect. It's not that we can know for sure, but it would seem to take several 9 or higher for instance, not far apart in time, like in the same handful of years for instance. But again, humbly, I cannot say for sure.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He did include them as warning signs, so (when they are distinctive) that's what they'll be. And we are expected to acknowledge them...
One distinctive feature that we, casual observers, might miss is a radical change in statistics in occurrences and/or magnitudes. I am not privy to those statistics, so I cannot say whether those distinctives have been met or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The whole reason Jesus talks about earthquakes and natural disasters, along with wars and rumors of wars is to tell His disciples not to freak out--these things happen. These aren't signs of the end, they are things that have always happened, continue to happen, and will happen. When we hear about natural disasters and conflict, our response is to recognize that these are common occurrences in our world.

Jesus doesn't talk about His coming and judgment until much later in the Olivet Discourse, and when talking about His Parousia He is explicitly clear that it comes without warning. The signs He does speak of concern not the Parousia or the end of the age, but the destruction that would befall Jerusalem, and that happened two millennia ago when the Romans besieged the city and destroyed the Temple.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole reason Jesus talks about earthquakes and natural disasters, along with wars and rumors of wars is to tell His disciples not to freak out--these things happen. These aren't signs of the end, they are things that have always happened, continue to happen, and will happen. When we hear about natural disasters and conflict, our response is to recognize that these are common occurrences in our world.

Jesus doesn't talk about His coming and judgment until much later in the Olivet Discourse, and when talking about His Parousia He is explicitly clear that it comes without warning. The signs He does speak of concern not the Parousia or the end of the age, but the destruction that would befall Jerusalem, and that happened two millennia ago when the Romans besieged the city and destroyed the Temple.

-CryptoLutheran
Except He says these are signs of the beginning of the last days. Thus this can't be merely another typical earthquake and other signs cannot be typical events like we get in any decade or 3. But more drastic instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just was searching up something else, and noticed Earthquake report, and on the page, several recent quakes:

earthquake - Google Search
notice also how these are scattered

Notice the recent few on the 21rst and 22nd. According to statistics there are about 140ish-150ish magnitude 6-6.9 earthquakes per year on average. Earthquake Statistics
So, for instance it it turned out that over several days there are many in that range per day, it will be a remarkable swarm, such as for example if we saw like 15 or 20 in a week (vs 3 a week average), then it's more significant looking. (even though of course weeks will have more or less, some zero, some many) Now this thought is only about how many 6-6.9 would be significant as being rather numerous. Of course the 7.0+ range is another thing. For 7.0+ level, 12 or 15 in a week would feel overwhelming, and so would even just 8. For the really powerful quakes at 8.0+, then it doesn't take more than 2 in a week to already get one's attention from far away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0