Senior Veteran
Dec 20, 2003
✟11,349.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Sunbeam said:
Oh wow. You have tornadoes there? In Huntsville.. there would be tornadoes? Have you ever been in one? seen one up close? Anyone want to share their experiences and what you do?

I have been in many-a-tornado, being from Huntsville. Actually, right before we moved, we all had to get in the closet once a day for three days. The first time it got really serious, we turned off all the electricity, put batteries in the radio, put pots on our heads, covered up with blankets, pillows, whatever we could find, and snuggled up in the center-most room with no windows. I was terrified, but when I realized that 1)God as in control, and 2)there was nothing I could to stop one from coming, I settled down.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Godisgood said:
I'm from near birmingham too. Anyone remember the F-5 category tornado that went through W/SW of Birmingham several years ago? I wasn't close to it, but as I understand the winds were in excess of 300 mph. It was devastating.
Yes, that was awful. One of my brother's co-worker's found a human leg in his front yard after that...it was awful and completely frightening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaylynn

I like dots...
Nov 3, 2003
OK
Visit site
✟16,428.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Franklin County here...

lol, kinda funny seeing someone post that it snows frequently (once a year at least) in northern alabama...just funny considering I'm from Maine...where we had snow a good 3/4ths of the year. I'd hate to see what that would be called up there. LOL :)

Upvote 0