Jan 19, 2004
CA
✟308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nicodemus said:
In North Alabama, it does snow fairly frequently (yearly at least) unlike in central & southern Alabama where it is a rarity. Huntsville isn't exactly a huge city, so even if you were going to live there its not like you'd have big traffic problems, etc. Yes, there are a lot of poisonous animals in Alabama: snakes, spiders & scorpions. However, after 27 years of living here, I've only known two people that have ever been bitten by a poisonous animal, they were both bitten by spiders (brown recluse). Neither was ever in any danger of death. I have killed poisonous snakes in my backyard and I live in Birmingham, so they're around, but its not like there's dangerous animals at every turn. Don't mean to scare you, but you asked :D It isn't super common for them to be around.

I live in Madison which is in North Alabama. It hasn't snowed in a while. All we get is sleet if even that... Huntsville does have a pretty good amount of traffic depending on the times you are trying to get around just like any other city. Might be better driving if everyone taking the test didn't pass so there would be less bad drivers on the roads... All the kids I know go down to the DMV in Athens to take the test because they pass everyone and now Driver's ED teachers can give out certificates that get you your license without taking the test with a police officer... I haven't seen a snake in a long time other than in a cage... There was one in our yard when piping was getting put in to drain the pond behind our house, but that was over 5 years ago... The only people I've known to get bitten by a snake were at school because they were taunting the snake so it bit.

Glad to see there are so many Alabamians on here.

Upvote 0

fromtheright

Jan 4, 2003
Huntsville, AL
Visit site
✟15,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Huntsville here.

Yes, fromtheright = totheright. I guess I just didn't know whether I'm coming or going. Actually I registered as fromtheright last spring, lost interest in CF, and when I recently came back I wasn't sure about my password and then later remembered it.

Upvote 0

Nicci

Sep 10, 2003
Alabama
✟321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm from Madison, about 2 minutes outside of Huntsville. I used to live in Hazel Green, an itty bitty town up by the state line. We do get tornadoes a lot...but after awhile you get used to them. Now, when the sirens start blowing, I put the cats in their carriers, the hamsters in THEIR carriers, and the bird in HER carrier, and depending on what part of the county the storm is in, I either set them all by the door and keep watching the TV, or I throw them in the car and we go to the church, or we all get in the closet TOGETHER and pray while they hiss and squeak and squawk at eachother lol.

I'm starting at UAH this summer...pre-veterinary student here. I didn't realize there were so many fellow Alabamians here.

Upvote 0

sapphire12002

God's blue-eyed butterfly
Dec 22, 2003
Alabama
✟14,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
hi :wave: i'm from vinemont, a little town north of cullman

Debbi said:
My husband was in a military building a few years back when a tornado ripped the roof off the building and did alot of damage. He only had time to hide under a desk.

my dad was next door at the csms that day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.