USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note that is was 25 men who passed this bill that limit the choices of women. Men deciding what rights women should have and decisions they should be allowed to make.... The most restrictive ban of it's kind.

Yes, Praise God.....we will all be blessed because of this!

Would we say the same if a group of women passed a law limiting the choices of men?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They appear to be trying to set up a test case of Roe v. Wade, this is definitely going into the courts if the Governor signs it into law. I thought the Georgia heart beat law was a little closer to what I wanted to see but you always get extremes over this issue. I really don't see Roe v. Wade being overturned in our lifetime but can't blame them for trying. While it does seem futile there is nothing stopping them from revisiting that landmark decision.

Because RVW was a federal case, I don't think one state can overturn it. If rape victims sue Alabama and it is appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, a ruling that favors the state would overturn RVW. I usually ignore big news stories, but will keep a close eye on this one.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Note that is was 25 men who passed this bill that limit the choices of women. Men deciding what rights women should have and decisions they should be allowed to make.... The most restrictive ban of it's kind.

Yes, Praise God.....we will all be blessed because of this!

Would we say the same if a group of women passed a law limiting the choices of men?

Did you notice the Democrat who proposed a rape/incest exception is a woman?

But ironically, Alabama's governor is female too and she signed it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you notice the Democrat who proposed a rape/incest exception is a woman?

But ironically, Alabama's governor is female too and she signed it.
Yes, I know.....Im starting to feel a little weird being so concerned about the rights of women, being a man, when there are so many women, on the site, and in politics who believe in submission and are so willing to give up their rights if men decide it is the best choice.

So I repent. If women are ok with it.....I see no fault in it.....

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,295.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Because RVW was a federal case, I don't think one state can overturn it. If rape victims sue Alabama and it is appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, a ruling that favors the state would overturn RVW. I usually ignore big news stories, but will keep a close eye on this one.
Which is the whole point. This is meant to provoke a court challenge in that hope that the SCOTUS without Kennedy would overturn Roe.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I know.....I'm starting to feel a little weird being so concerned about the rights of women, being a man, when there are so many women, on the site, and in politics who believe in submission and are so willing to give up their rights if men decide it is the best choice.

So I repent. If women are ok with it.....I see no fault in it.....

Assuming your marital status (married) is correct I don't think it is weird to care about women's rights. It would be weird to not care about men's rights (such as seeking or avoding a paternity test).

The irony is confusing. I will never understand why any woman would say she is iwlling to die for a fetus. If the mother dies, so will her baby.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Death due to labor, bleeding or other death related reasons.
If I need your kidney to live, And you are my only genetic match, Should you be required by law to give it to me, or face 99 years in prison if you don’t? Or is your right to personal, bodily autonomy more important than my right to live?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If I need your kidney to live, And you are my only genetic match, Should you be required by law to give it to me, or face 99 years in prison if you don’t? Or is your right to personal, bodily autonomy more important than my right to live?

Life is not set in stone, in case of this type of emergency a distinction must be made and how to make it is up to medical professionals.

You are asking the wrong person this as I am not a medical professional.

But your statement is confusing,, are you debating for the life of the baby or mother?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Life is not set in stone, in case of this type of emergency a distinction must be made and how to make it is up to medical professionals.

You are asking the wrong person this as I am not a medical professional.
Not sure I follow?

Are you saying you’d leave the decision of whether or not you should be legally required to give me your kidney if I needed it to live, and if you refused to give it to me you’d go to jail... you’d leave that decision up to medical professionals instead of legislators and Judges to decide?

But you won’t leave abortion up to medical professionals to decide? You want judges and legislators getting involved?

But your statement is confusing,, are you debating for the life of the baby or mother?

I’m just trying to understand if there is any consistency in your position.

I don’t see any so far.

Which ever side you’re debating youve got to get your story straight and be consistent.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Not sure I follow?

Are you saying you’d leave the decision of whether or not you should be legally required to give me your kidney if I needed it to live, and if you refused to give it to me you’d go to jail... you’d leave that decision up to medical professionals instead of legislators and Judges to decide?

But you won’t leave abortion up to medical professionals to decide? You want judges and legislators getting involved?

I’m just trying to understand if there is any consistency in your position.

I don’t see any so far.

Which ever side you’re debating youve got to get your story straight and be consistent.

I can not answer you unless I know your stance on abortion.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can not answer you unless I know your stance on abortion.
I can not answer you unless I know your stance on mandatory, compulsory organ/tissue donation.
I guess we’re at an impasse.

I’m against mandatory organ donation with imprisonment for violators.

My position on abortion is perfectly consistent with that position.

Is yours?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I can not answer you unless I know your stance on mandatory, compulsory organ/tissue donation.
I guess were at an impasse.

Your argument is not teaching me anything on your belief on abortion, sorry, I asked a innocent question and got a defamatory statement.

I do not belive in abortion period, unless there is a real life emergency and a haste operation has to be made.

With that said I dont know how you came in with Government forcing anything, But if Government can force others not to kill others, then what the point?

Abortion is killing others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But if Government can force others not to kill others, then what the point?

Abortion is killing others.

And if you refuse to give me your kidney that I need to live, are you not personally choosing to sentence me to a death I don’t deserve?

You have two kidneys. I need one of yours to live, you don’t need both of them.

Should you be required by law to give it to me? Should government be able to force you to give it to me, because if you don’t, I’ll die?

Should government be able to take you into custody against your will, force you into an operating room, strap you down, Cut you open, remove your kidney & transplant it into my body?

And if you don’t, should you be held responsible for my death, and punished accordingly?

This seems to be what you are saying, no?
This seems to be the logical extension of your position on abortion.

Unless you are saying the embryo/fetus, the person in utero, has special rights that the already born person does not equally deserve?

That as soon as a person is born, they lose the special rights they had as a fetus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0